ADA prep stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncogene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the practice test that the ADA provides compares to the real DAT? I just finished it and did pretty well. I got an AA -20 and PAT-18. Do you guys know if this is a good indicator of success on the DAT. Any advice would be great thanks.
oncogene

Members don't see this ad.

I think the ADA prep book is very similar to the real thing. The bio section covered the same material in the same proportion, as well as orgo, and gen chem. The math on my DAT was easier than the prep book, though similar in content. The PAT was also equally comparable---especially the angles---those things suck! My real DAT ACAD AVG was 4 points higher that the prep book score and my PAT score on the real thing was 2 points higher.
I would say you are well on your way to a 30 across the board!!!!!!

sorry this question might sound stupid. but where do you get the ADA practice test? thanx

Where do you get the ADA prep stuff. I see people talking about practice questions given out by the ADA, where can I get a hold of these practice DATs?

Members don't see this ad :)
My advisor at school gave it to me. He said all pre-dent advisors should be provided one by the ADA. Further, I am sure you could go on their web site and search of the "DAT Test preparation packet and materials".

This book contains a thorough outline of application procedures, as well as a full length DAT, with the exception of it only having one reading comp. I will look for my book for any addition info I may be able to provide.

-Richard

lucky you to have a nice advisor,, my pre-dent advisor is a jerk. the only thing she told me is to go online and regester for the exam.:(
another stupid question: how to self-score the DAT? I did couple practise questions, but don't know how to score those:rolleyes:

I have been looking online trying to find a standard score chart but I cannt find one :( I'd say if your are getting more than half of them correct then you are OK. Kaplan states that you can miss 1/3 of the PAT questions and still get a 17. I will keep looking for you.

This site: http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/forms/test-app.html seems to be the correct place to request the paper registration with the practice exam for the DAT. However, I have submitted the form twice over the last two months and haven't gotten a response. I do not have access to a pre-dent advisor. Anyone else have any luck ordering the paper registration and practice exam?
Thanks.

Doublem It's interesting what you said. I actually filled out the same form and I never heard back from them either. If anyone has a copy of these tests, can you share? I personally don't have a pre-dent advisor, so I wouldn't know who to ask. Any feedback from anyone? There seems to be a few of us who would like to have these materials as study aids for the DAT. Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I registered for the DAT online and never received the DAT test materials. I called the ADA at 1-800-688-5804 and asked them to send me the DAT test prep materials. I received them a few days after I called them. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everyone :)