Acute Care Inservice Ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjs6067

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know early mobility is a good topic, but I've already done a brief blurb about that, so if any of you know another topic, that would be helpful. I'm mainly in the ICU during this rotation if that helps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know early mobility is a good topic, but I've already done a brief blurb about that, so if any of you know another topic, that would be helpful. I'm mainly in the ICU during this rotation if that helps. Thanks!
I did my inservice on the effects of early mobilization on post intensive care syndrome. Super relevant if you're mainly working in the ICU!

Reactions: 1 user
I did my inservice on the effects of early mobilization on post intensive care syndrome. Super relevant if you're mainly working in the ICU!
I like the idea of PICS, maybe I'll do that as well as include pertinent outcome measures to predict discharge planning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am doing my clinical at an LTAC facility and just did my inservice over Mirror Therapy and Neuroplasticity!

Cardioversion.
Internationalized normalized ratios.

If your interest lie in behavioral changes and motivating patients to make healthy changes, I would recommend doing an inservice on Motivational Interviewing.

You can teach nurses and other stuff proper body mechanics when moving patients.