ACOM vs WCUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACOM or WCUCOM

• ACOM

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • WCUCOM

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Dr.Flash7

Reaction score
Just got off the waitlist at ACOM last minute. I am interested in EM or Pulm but this could change obviously.

ACOM

Pros:
Better rotations/rotation sites seems like
Better pass rates for COMLEX
Seems to match people into prestigious specialties (last year 2 urology, 3 gas, 11 gen surgery, etc)
Lower attrition rate (Seems like about 92% of people start end up finishing and matching)

Cons:
56k a year for tuition
A-F grading system

WCUCOM

Pros:
46k a year for tuition
Had a 100% match rate for the students that made it to graduation
Their pass rates and research seems to be doing better recently
Located on the same campus as the undergrad program
P/F grading system

Cons:
Just increased their class size to 200 students so might be more difficult
Higher attrition rate (85-90 percent if people who start out will make it to match)
Inconsistent rotation sites

Basically I am just wondering if ACOM is so much better then WCUCOM to warrant trying to get housing and do all matriculation documents for ACOM in a week and a half because I have done everything and am already set up at WCUCOM. If the two schools are similar or maybe a slight edge to ACOM I will just stay at WCUCOM. I am from the North so neither location is closer.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with WCUCOM. Not a med student, but I think P/F grading would be so worth it. The differences in attrition rate aren't too crazy either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take published attrition, graduation, and “match” rates with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
WCUCOM no brainer.. WCUCOM’s match blows acom’s out the water.. WCUCOM had ent at montefiore, gas at WASH U, 3 ortho and optho. Even or the last few years WCUCOM has had derm and uro matches as well. WCUCOM also has much better overall clinical sites with residency programs.

Reactions: 1 user