ACEP Candidates approve of new residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NicksMD

House Stark
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was watching the interviews of the president-elect candidates and board member candidates. They all seem to approve of the expanding residencies programs citing the need for rural EM physicians.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

This needs to be EMs number one issue beyond anything else right now. They're massive idiots beyond what can even be described. What a shame. I'm not sure how it's even possible to think that oversaturing the specialty is okay. The amount of difficulty of people trying to find jobs that I'm seeing is increasing by the week and most new residencies haven't even started putting out their residents.

Reactions: 5 users
This needs to be EMs number one issue beyond anything else right now. They're massive idiots beyond what can even be described. What a shame. I'm not sure how it's even possible to think that oversaturing the specialty is okay. The amount of difficulty of people trying to find jobs that I'm seeing is increasing by the week and most new residencies haven't even started putting out their residents.

You can say that again
1601862503326.png

A 30% decrease in jobs since 2017. They really need a hardstop on EM residencies

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
ACEP is a bunch of judases.
No.. thats not true.. its that people don’t pay attention. A crazy number of recent ACEP presidents have been CMG shills. The ACEP board is heavily skewed to academics.. Academics love academia and CMG dickwads love CMGs. More residencies is good for both those sets of con artists.

Reactions: 1 users
No.. thats not true.. its that people don’t pay attention. A crazy number of recent ACEP presidents have been CMG shills. The ACEP board is heavily skewed to academics.. Academics love academia and CMG dickwads love CMGs. More residencies is good for both those sets of con artists.

The people who trained you (academics) were con artists? That doesn’t bode well for your training. If training EPs is a ‘con’ it’s hard to argue against giving the field over to NPs.

Maybe I misunderstood you- if so please correct me,
WilcoWorld - FAAEM

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

CMG shill = Judas.

The people who trained you (academics) were con artists? That doesn’t bode well for your training. If training EPs is a ‘con’ it’s hard to argue against giving the field over to NPs.

Maybe I misunderstood you- if so please correct me,
WilcoWorld - FAAEM

I doubt that's what he meant, but you can easily argue you're free labor for several programs. Especially for huge academic programs, mainly the ones that require tons of non-sense off service rotations and/or are 4 years long.

Reactions: 2 users
I doubt that's what he meant, but you can easily argue you're free labor for several programs. Especially for huge academic programs, mainly the ones that require tons of non-sense off service rotations and/or are 4 years long.

So it isn't what he meant, but it is what you mean?

Or, it is what you would say to me if I worked somewhere that I do not actually work?

Just take a gander over to our RO forums if you want to see what happens when the specialty expands to help the "need of the rural communities"

Reactions: 1 user
What does soap mean? (beyond the cleaning form or the note)

Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program. It is the process for filling all the unmatched spots the week of the Match. Basically it is a scramble with programs trying to fill with applicants and unmatched applicants trying for any open spot in a specialty that they can stand.

I was talking to a friend who had an interesting prediction (he's a faculty member at a residency program in the midwest).

In a few short years, or perhaps one medical school generation at the longest, EM classes will start to become filled with foreign graduates.

It makes too much sense. Generally this news takes years to trickle down to medical students, and the really smart ones will seek greener pastures. EM will no longer be part of the desirable specialty compendium (mind you, I think it should already be removed from the "ROAD-E" I see around the medical student forums here).

How else will these CMG, low-tier, and middle-tier residencies fill their slots? Certainly not with American medical graduates who should know better. Those grindhouses will be staffed by those fleeing persecution of other countries and systems.

I sincerely cannot wait until I catch up with my friend in a few years only to hear him say, "We matched our first Iraqi Cardiothoracic Surgeon to our intern class!" :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program. It is the process for filling all the unmatched spots the week of the Match. Basically it is a scramble with programs trying to fill with applicants and unmatched applicants trying for any open spot in a specialty that they can stand.
Yeah, SOAP is the successor to the free-for-all scramble.

What does soap mean? (beyond the cleaning form or the note)
Yeah, SOAP is the successor to the free-for-all scramble.

Yeah I was essentially being somewhat facetious that we will be (are actually in the process of) scrambling for the left over undesirable scraps for jobs.