accreditation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misanne

misanne
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ii am interesten in getting a mhp but my undergrad unvi. just recently opened the school and it is not yet acredited yet. I know that I could get some fininacial assistance form this scholl, but I don't know if it is really worht it to take the risk of graduatiog from an un acredited school even if I don't have to pay full price. what do you all think??

Members don't see this ad.

misanne said:
Ii am interesten in getting a mhp but my undergrad unvi. just recently opened the school and it is not yet acredited yet. I know that I could get some fininacial assistance form this scholl, but I don't know if it is really worht it to take the risk of graduatiog from an un acredited school even if I don't have to pay full price. what do you all think??

You should go to an accredited school or one that is obtaining accreditation. If it is private AND not accredited, then I definitely wouldn't go (expensive in addition to being unaccredited).

Some high level public health positions, especially those in management may require a degree from an accredited school. Something to consider.