Accepted! but now which interviews do I keep or cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedStudent_39

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advice needed - I got accepted into WesternU COMP NW, and I have interviews set up at LECOM-Bradenton, PNWU, and Burrell. Should I cancel any of the other interviews? Residency placement is important to me, and I hope to get into the school with placements in top tier residency programs. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Comp is expensive, so I would personally attend any other schools that are cheaper (like LECOM) to see if you'd be happy there as well.

Advice needed - I got accepted into WesternU COMP NW, and I have interviews set up at LECOM-Bradenton, PNWU, and Burrell. Should I cancel any of the other interviews? Residency placement is important to me, and I hope to get into the school with placements in top tier residency programs. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks
Cancel Burrell, it is too new. Therefore no residency placement info is available. Cancel LECOM Bradenton unless you like independent learning and issues with rotations your 3rd and 4th year. That leaves you with COMP NW. As I recall the tuition there is over priced as many DO schools ($56K per year). And PNWU which isn’t in that great of a location but at least some residency matching info is available on their web site. So your decision is relatively simple. Compare COMP NW and PNWU as a function of cost and historical residency matches. This info is available on both schools web sites.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't go to LECOM, for the above mentioned reasons.

Suggest asking in each of the school specific threads for input from current students.

PNWU is a great school. Check their school specific thread for details as goro said.

Hi OP,

I highly suggest you attend as many as your finances/schedule allows you to; you never know what school you may end up loving!

And congrats on your acceptance, future doc!

-NF

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile