AAMC FL 1 and 2 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worrywart41

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...6/30 test taker here. Scores come out in 5 days and I am freaking out. I took several kaplan tests pretty early and made 500, 501, and 502. I heard they were pretty deflated so all is well. AAMC FL2 (2015) afterwards and made a 507 (127, 126, 128, 126). Better and closer to my goal of at least a 508. I took the AAMC FL 1 a a few days later and made a 504 (125,123,128,128). Even though I made a 504, I have never done that bad on CARS. I was in a library on children day and everyone was running around screaming. Hard to focus. Could easily see myself making at least a 126 on cars giving me the same overall score as FL2.

With all of that being said, I felt like I got the short end of the stick on the MCAT draw and got a very hard test. I felt it was much harder than any of the AAMC tests. Is this often the case? and Exactly how good of a predictor are these AAMC practice tests? I have heard people typically score higher but judging off how much harder the real deal was I am skeptical. Could anyone shed some light on my predicament?

Members don't see this ad.

Relax. You mean you've already taken the exam right? Then just let it go.
If the result comes out badly, then you are screwed. If the result comes out well, then at leatst it's not too bad.
The point is that you can not do any thing at this moment.

Also, it's too late to say this, but you took AAMC FLs after taking the real MCAT? This was TOO risky.
I would not comment on difference between AAMC FLs and real MCAT, because different people say different things.
However, you need to understand that, no other resource should have a better simulation to real MCAT than AAMC FLs do.

Relax. You mean you've already taken the exam right? Then just let it go.
If the result comes out badly, then you are screwed. If the result comes out well, then at leatst it's not too bad.
The point is that you can not do any thing at this moment.

Also, it's too late to say this, but you took AAMC FLs after taking the real MCAT? This was TOO risky.
I would not comment on difference between AAMC FLs and real MCAT, because different people say different things.
However, you need to understand that, no other resource should have a better simulation to real MCAT than AAMC FLs do.
Sorry for the awkward phrasing but I took all practice tests before the real thing!

Sorry for the awkward phrasing but I took all practice tests before the real thing!

Ok, my bad. Forgive me. My CARS is low.
However, I would again say: just relax, because you could not do anything at this moment.
AAMC FL doesn't necessarily predict your MCAT score. After all, acing the MCAT sometimes requires a good luck.
I did bad in AAMC FL with score about 508~, but I ended up 512+ in real one.
It's really hard to say what will happen to your score, although I think you should not be optimistic. Again, just wait and let's see what you will get.