A question needing an answer....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajeshrajan1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
I am new here and just want to get an opinion from the other
people here.
This is regarding my father (56 years old).
He suffered a strong pain in his chest(in the middle).he was sitting at this time. he was not able to speak very properly due to the pain. he tried to get up and walk. he looked and dissy and finally fell. he became unconscious.we gave him CPR, pressed his chest and splashed water on his face and he regained consciousness. the paramedics arrived by this time and he had no pain and was able to talk. the paramedics took his BP and ECG and found both to be normal.
he was taken to the hospital and admitted to the CCU. Here, after 24 hrs observation, they found his BP and ECG to be very normal. he was able to talk and was conscious. they conducted blood,enzyme and other tests and found that his heart is in good health. hence, they could not diagnose it as an heart attack. the doctors said that it could have been a chest pain or even a
gasteric problem. but he does not have a history for gasteric problem. he usually has a lower than usual BP, 110 65.
can u please tell me if a chest pain can cause such a problem and cause unconciousness?
also can low blood pressure cause such a problem?
or is a neuro problem?
an opinion will do.
thanx.
Rajesh Rajan,
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.