6/28 Casper Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uchihastan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I got my casper results back and scored in the 1st quartile. I genuinely thought I performed better, so naturally I am disappointed. Can anyone speak to how this score will affect me in the application process?

3.34 uGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 4.0 smp/postbacc program at GW
URM (black woman)
507 MCAT

Good ECs, clinical, and research experiences. I applied very broadly for MD and am applying to 1 DO school. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I’m in the same boat and have a similar application. I got 1st quartile and don’t really know if I should be concerned or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's too difficult to say. The way the results will be used is not consistent across admissions review processes among programs.
Gotcha! Most of the schools I want to go to the most do not require it so I'm thankful for that at least! Thank you for your insight

I feel like I’m in the same boat and have a similar application. I got 1st quartile and don’t really know if I should be concerned or not.
Right!! im glad i applied broadly so i guess we'll see

In a different thread I posted two videos from admissions directors/deans about how they were thinking about using PREview results. You'll get my point that they aren't using the results the exact same way.

In a different thread I posted two videos from admissions directors/deans about how they were thinking about using PREview results. You'll get my point that they aren't using the results the exact same way.
Oh my, I am gonna look for that right now, I'm sure it'll be very helpful. Thank you again and have a great weekend!! :)

How long did it take you guys to get your results back?

Hello!
I got my casper results back and scored in the 1st quartile. I genuinely thought I performed better, so naturally I am disappointed. Can anyone speak to how this score will affect me in the application process?

3.34 uGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 4.0 smp/postbacc program at GW
URM (black woman)
507 MCAT

Good ECs, clinical, and research experiences. I applied very broadly for MD and am applying to 1 DO school. Thank you in advance!

Literally same

URM - 3.4 uGPA, 3.15 sGPA, 504 MCAT
I’d like to believe my EC’s are solid.

I was really counting on a good Casper, but I guess I’m a sociopath. Worst of all my state school requires Casper, as do most others I applied to.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I scored in the 2nd quartile, and I thought I did decent. I didn't finish all of my answers, but I did answer thoroughly on the ones I did answer. Do you think that it will hurt my chances of getting an interview invitation? (I have applied to dental school)

ugpa: 3.42 sGPA (undergrad): 3.01
DAT AA:20/TS: 20

Literally same

URM - 3.4 uGPA, 3.15 sGPA, 504 MCAT
I’d like to believe my EC’s are solid.

I was really counting on a good Casper, but I guess I’m a sociopath. Worst of all my state school requires Casper, as do most others I applied to.
Has anyone been frank with how they intend to use Casper or Altus results? Not everyone is consistent with incorporating these results into making decisions, and few programs are explicit. So don't worry about it. You might be okay.

Last edited:
I scored in the 2nd quartile, and I thought I did decent. I didn't finish all of my answers, but I did answer thoroughly on the ones I did answer. Do you think that it will hurt my chances of getting an interview invitation? (I have applied to dental school)

ugpa: 3.42 sGPA (undergrad): 3.01
DAT AA:20/TS: 20
Everything is looked holistically, but the school needs to be upfront to tell you how they would use the results.