3rd year North Cal. Kaiser rotation (Stanford, UCD, USCF, Drexel students please help!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmithieWin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

MS2 at BUSM here. My school is starting a new, full 3rd year rotation at the north Cal kaiser system (Fremont, Santa Clara, and San Jose), and I am interested in applying to that program. Since this is a new rotation for our school, I would like some advice from some students who did rotations through their program. What is the patient population like over there? What about the faculty? For those in Drexel, did you guys prefer the away rotation over your home institution? I am not sure if I'd want to spend the entire 3rd year away from my base institution where I should get to know faculty members who will write my LOR letter. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks you!

Members don't see this ad.

Still a premed but grew up in the bay. Ucsf and davis will probably be similar, both in diverse areas so you will see all types of people. I think with stanford you will probably see more affluent people since it is in Palo alto, and many people around the bay go there if they can afford it for superior care.

Last edited: