350AA/360TS on OAT + resources I used

thatonegirl2000

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my OAT a couple of days ago and wanted to share my scores & resources since these posts helped me tons while I was studying. Before I started using OAT booster, I split an account with other people for the OAT Bootcamp and used their videos for content review. I didn't really like sharing an account since I couldn't track my progress so I caved in and got OAT booster. I only used OAT booster for practise questions so I'm not really sure how good their content review videos are (but from what I've seen on other posts, they seem to be good!). Their questions were very similar to the ones I saw on the actual OAT (especially for gen chem and ochem) so I definitely think it's worth purchasing if you're looking to get a better representation of the actual OAT.

Break down:

Biology: 360

• This section varied from really easy questions to questions I had never really seen before on the OAT booster practise tests or on the Feralis Bio notes. However, most questions were fairly general so I wouldn't really worry about memorizing specific details. Also, anki flashcards helped me memorize a lot of the concepts so I definitely recommend flash cards!
Gen Chem: 360

• A lot of the questions I saw on the test were very similar to the ones I saw on the OAT booster which was a relief because I didn't do well in my gen chem classes so I was nervous going into the test. I think I had a bit more calculations than theory for this section so I definitely recommend doing the biology section as fast as possible to have some extra time for any calculation questions on this section! I made my own flashcards to memorize any type of theory for this section. The content review videos on bootcamp definitely helped me a lot for theory.
Ochem: 350

• I pretty much just memorized the Ochem reaction sheet from OAT bootcamp. I also had like 4 questions on HNMR (which was okay since booster had a couple of questions on that so I felt comfortable answering the questions). I had 1 question on nomenclature but it was pretty easy too so I think just knowing the basics will be enough. All in all, the questions were very similar to the ones I saw on booster so I wasn't really struggling for this section. Also, I didn't take the second part of ochem so I pretty much just relied on content review videos and the sheet form OAT bootcamp which was definitely more than enough! I also recommend doing some flash cards for the reactions and going through them daily because it will become second nature by the time the test comes by.
Reading Comprehension: 320

• I'm honestly pretty disappointed by this score since I was doing well on the RC of OAT booster. The questions were really easy compared to booster and the passages were not too hard either (also they were pretty interesting) so i'm not sure what happened here. My technique for this section was to spend 7-10mins reading the text and highlighting anything important and then spending 10-12 mins answering the questions. Majority of the questions were just search & destroy!
Physics: 340

• Like most people who purchase booster, I wish it had video explanations for their practise questions and also video content on physics. I did use chad's videos and also some of my notes from my physics classes I took a while ago and I felt this was good enough. I had more theory on my test so definitely make sure to understand the concepts behind the formulas (also make sure to know the differences between transverse vs longitudinal waves because I had a question like that and I regret not reviewing that since it was a pretty easy memorization question!). I memorized the formula sheet provided by the OAT booster and this was all that I needed to know for the actual test. All in all, the questions on the OAT booster were good in terms of representation (btw don't worry if you're scoring low on the practise tests of booster since I think the scoring is off on this section).
QR: 350

• I was very nervous for this section because some of the practise tests I did on booster were soooo hard! This section is mostly easy probability and algebra questions so if you're not doing as well on the practise tests that's okay! I had no geometry questions for this section. Also, if you're just beginning to study for QR and math isn't your strongest suit, make sure to practise at least a month before your test date!!!! Practise will help you become faster at answering the questions (I tried to do at least 1 practise QR test leading up to my exam). I had just enough time to finish all the questions which was really surprising since I had to guess a lot of them on the booster just to barely finish on time.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask me!

r/PreOptometry - 350 AA, 360 TS on OAT + resources I used!

Members don't see this ad.