3.45 GPA Undergrad - Investment Banking to Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hitchens123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Graduated from Private upper-mid tier university with a cumulative undergrad GPA of 3.45 in finance and intl bus

2120 SAT: math 760, writing 710, reading 650

Took close to none of the pre-reqs for med in undergrad as had AP classes for Chem and Math classes. Took humanities courses in undergrad that fulfill req for most med schools.

GPA lower than could have been because suffered with severe depression for over a year and allowed it to affect class attendance and grades from second sem junior year through senior year. Did not know suffered from depression until post-grad after which began treating.

Started as investment banker post grad in California and then suffered severe flare of Ulcerative Colitis, had to move home for treatment and then got into severe car accident (should not have survived but will make full recovery) all over a 6 month span.

Colitis was mismanaged by doctors during second semester senior year through when I came home after starting work, drugs that caused me severe side effects were consistently prescribed regardless of notification of side effects. Want to change career from finance to medicine. Take actual care of patients like some of my surgeons did after my car accident.

Need help finding good post bacc programs that would accept a student with no-premed interest before this, as well as my grades, test scores.

What programs are a good fit? -> are these? (Penn, Mills, HES, Berkeley Extension, Columbia, any others?)

Are these out of reach? - Scripps, Johns Hopkins, Goucher, Bryn Mawr

Can you note if any programs act as weed-outs and are curved internally messing with some students' chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: