2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the FAFSA delay this year will result in overall less waitlist movement? Not sure if I'm math-ing things right, but if a school historically over-admits with the expectation that some students will be declining and no students decline, that means there won't be any WL movement, right? Ngl that's my greatest fear at the moment... :(
There are a fixed number of seats. The timing for the filling of these seats may shift but the number of seats remains the same.
A few schools will miscalculate every year. This does not change the bigger picture.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
There are a fixed number of seats. The timing for the filling of these seats may shift but the number of seats remains the same.
A few schools will miscalculate every year. This does not change the bigger picture.
You're right, I'm probably just overthinking things. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the FAFSA delay this year will result in overall less waitlist movement? Not sure if I'm math-ing things right, but if a school historically over-admits with the expectation that some students will be declining and no students decline, that means there won't be any WL movement, right? Ngl that's my greatest fear at the moment... :(
I have been looking for AI that can give me my exact probability of acceptance.:rofl:

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m on 4 WL and only 1 has reported WL movement (and it’s been very minimal). Is this normal? Does this mean there won’t be any WL movement really or is it just going to be later this year ??

Reactions: 1 user
I’m on 4 WL and only 1 has reported WL movement (and it’s been very minimal). Is this normal? Does this mean there won’t be any WL movement really or is it just going to be later this year ??

Reactions: 1 user
I am packing, Not 100% sure where I will be moving, but I will be ready to move at least. Getting emotional after taking the white board down where i put in the work to get my masters ha

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Guys.. my psychic was right! I got off the waitlist yesterday. Don’t loose hope! I was in the middle of re-writing my personal statement for my re-app. Lots of movement is still coming and it’s waitlist people’s time to shine!! I sent a letter of intent last week to the school and I think that helped!
omg who is your psychic?? i want to talk to her lol

Reactions: 8 users
omg who is your psychic?? i want to talk to her lol
"But if you forget to come back and carry Madam Zeroni up the mountain so I can drink from the pond and get strong too, you and your family will be cursed for always and eternity."

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For those who are on WLs that were delayed, have your WLs started moving yet? Or are they still stagnant.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going crazy.
uninterested in my job.
unsure when to give my two weeks notice.
unsure when to give my 60 day apartment move out notice.
unsure of how long the process of renting a house actually takes.
"shortage of physicians." im right here bro

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 33 users
I'm going crazy.
uninterested in my job.
do you have an A's so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going crazy.
uninterested in my job.
Literally. I wish schools would have an ounce of transparency. This whole cycle:

I would love to go to this school
*ok here’s an interview
Amazing did I get in?
*no you’re waitlisted
Oh great how many people usually get off the WL
*sorry can’t tell you that
Ok what’s my WL rank?
Ok when do you start pulling off the WL

Like 😭😭😭

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
Literally. I wish schools would have an ounce of transparency. This whole cycle:

I would love to go to this school
*ok here’s an interview
Amazing did I get in?
*no you’re waitlisted
Oh great how many people usually get off the WL
Ok what’s my WL rank?
Ok when do you start pulling off the WL

Like 😭😭😭
and then to get the "check out our master's program" email after the fact when you already have a masters:mad:

Reactions: 7 users
I am packing, Not 100% sure where I will be moving, but I will be ready to move at least. Getting emotional after taking the white board down where i put in the work to get my masters ha
I'm doing exactly this right now. Packing without a complete picture of knowing where I am moving quite yet :)

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone else had dreams about getting accepted to med school even though they don't have any acceptances? I had a dream like that last night and it's the third one I've gotten 😭😭😭😭 like what sort of sick prank is this

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
Has anyone else had dreams about getting accepted to med school even though they don't have any acceptances? I had a dream like that last night and it's the third one I've gotten like what sort of sick prank is this

Haha sameee I day dream about it all the time then snap back to reality and feel upset lol

• Sad
is anyone else starting to tune up their application for this next cycle ? Feeling kind of alone rn :,)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else had dreams about getting accepted to med school even though they don't have any acceptances? I had a dream like that last night and it's the third one I've gotten 😭😭😭😭 like what sort of sick prank is this
yeah lol I dreamed I got an A call then got waitlisted when I woke up :(

• Care
is anyone else starting to tune up their application for this next cycle ? Feeling kind of alone rn :,)
Yeah! Once I started writing W&A I felt better about things. Also the application transfers over whatever you submitted last year so it's less form filling!

I just got the A 😭 crying and shaking right now and so grateful to God. This thread has been so helpful and I pray for each and every one of you on the WL that you end up where you are meant to be 💙

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 43 users
I just got the A 😭 crying and shaking right now and so grateful to God. This thread has been so helpful and I pray for each and every one of you on the WL that you end up where you are meant to be 💙
Congratulations dr!!

Congrats! You deserve this! So happy for you :)

Thank you 😊 I know I’ve been lurking on SDN for a while now, but now you don’t have to hear be complaining anymore hahah

We shall miss you on this thread.
Good luck!!!

is anyone else going through like major swings of acceptance of this situation and depression LMFAOSHD

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users
Lets goo!! Congrats! I am positive that yesterday you felt hopeless just like I do right now ha! Maybe it is still possible for all of us.

Congrats!!!

MY FIRST A!!!!! Got off the WL! THERE IS STILL HOPE!

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
This is how i am going to live forever
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: 1 users
After 3 cycles, I got an MD A :) Submitted by first AMCAS application 1117 days ago. Happy to be done with this part of my journey!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 39 users
Super strange feeling today submitting one of my apps for reapplication while hoping for some more movement on WL. Congrats to everyone above!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
First A today!! Huge shoutout to this thread for giving me hope during this objectively terrible process <3 hoping you all have the same luck!!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
So I just received an email saying I was automatically removed from Sam
Houston's Waitlist because I have a podiatry acceptance? I was under the impression that Holding an acceptance offer and a waitlist offer was not a contradiction and that students were not forced to choose by the deadline unless it was two contradicting acceptance offers. Am I a blithering idiot or is this some kind of mistake?

• Wow
Houston's Waitlist because I have a podiatry acceptance? I was under the impression that Holding an acceptance offer and a waitlist offer was not a contradiction and that students were not forced to choose by the deadline unless it was two contradicting acceptance offers. Am I a blithering idiot or is this some kind of mistake?
How did they even know that you had a podiatry acceptance? You should call them, that doesn’t make sense right? AMCAS allows you to hold onto WLs even if you have another A…

If they are both TMDSAS schools, you may be hitting the May 15 rule that no new WL offers can go out to those holding a TMDSAS acceptance.
Texas has only had a podiatry school for 2 years, so this may be the first time this situation has come up.
Write to TMDSAS or message them in your portal to ask.

I contacted them just in time. IT was a mistake! Received an email just a second ago. WHEW, i was about to faint lol.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your waitlist update. I apologize for this error and I have reinstated your accepted waitlist offer. The offers from the UTRGV School of Podiatric Medicine are located right next to the medical school offers on the spreadsheet we receive from our TMDSAS portal, so I accidentally lumped you in with the other medical school offers for waitlisted applicants.

Once again, I apologize for this error and appreciate your patience! "

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
I contacted them just in time. IT was a mistake! Received an email just a second ago. WHEW, i was about to faint lol.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your waitlist update. I apologize for this error and I have reinstated your accepted waitlist offer. The offers from the UTRGV School of Podiatric Medicine are located right next to the medical school offers on the spreadsheet we receive from our TMDSAS portal, so I accidentally lumped you in with the other medical school offers for waitlisted applicants.

Once again, I apologize for this error and appreciate your patience! "
FYI: I also found out that their final offer date is 7/24/24.

I don't think my phone has ever been so dry….
I guess the admissions committees got an early jump on Memorial Day weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
The days of quiet grow heavy with dread. Though the weather grows ever fairer a darkness remains.

I have been attempting to distract myself with audiobooks and projects.

Kinda in the same boat as the last guy, but I have been drinking beer, buying modded controllers, and also I deleted social media over a year ago, but drake totally won the drake vs. Kendrick beef, family matters is way better than the song euphoria
Pshah, you may like the beat better but the disses go so much harder in Kendrick's plus add in 6.16 in LA, and Not like us and Kendrick takes the belt.

• Wow
  • Love
I guess the admissions committees got an early jump on Memorial Day weekend.
We're academics. Of course, we take the month of May/June off for Memorial Day weekend (and return to campus for Orientation).

Unless the Dean wants us to show up for Commencement in regalia. ;)

The rest of the staff needs the vacation before we work on Orientation. Or next cycle's application screening.

soooo, still sitting with 4 WL. i am feeling quite hopeless with some of my schools, do we think there will be some post memorial day movement due to later FASFA?

• Care
That is what we are hoping. If it it makes you feel any better I only have 3.5 WL. (One of the schools has two campuses)