2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They do MMI and one of the MMI questions is to talk about yourself (this is from last year).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Any tips on how to prepare for the MMI? Do the SDN questions on the feedback website reflect the MMI style of interview?

Any tips on how to prepare for the MMI? Do the SDN questions on the feedback website reflect the MMI style of interview?
If you did the CASPer, you are ready for an MMI: the only difference is you are responding to a human and there could be some followup questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im going to send a website to my friends that has a list of questions and have them ask me some follow ups!

Reactions: 2 users
II earlier today. Complete 6/7, LizzM 71. Got the email a few days after panic-messaging @wysdoc about not getting any invites haha

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday! Are all Interviews virtual? Good luck to everyone else that will be interviewing!!

• Love
II yesterday! Are all Interviews virtual? Good luck to everyone else that will be interviewing!!
Ya they’re all virtual. I believe they invite you to campus for a second look sometime later if you’re interested.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UTMB only gives out first round of II on a specific day? Submitted 7/16 (last day to be considered for first round II) & haven't received any updates from them yet.

Does anyone know if UTMB only gives out first round of II on a specific day? Submitted 7/16 (last day to be considered for first round II) & haven't received any updates from them yet.
Where did you get this information about first round of interviews, and the date for consideration? I haven’t heard this before but seems interesting.

Last year they sent them out on July 22 and July 23, so fingers crossed for some today!! I am also curious where you heard about the consideration date for interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you get this information about first round of interviews, and the date for consideration? I haven’t heard this before but seems interesting.
I submitted the secondary questions a week prior, but had not submitted the asynch videos & they sent me this. Received that email 7/13

"Hello,

Next Thursday, our admissions committee will meet to make the first round of interview invitations. We are very interested in your application, but we are missing your asynchronous video responses via Spark Hire. Please know that in order for your application to be screened for an interview, we must receive the supplemental application, a $70.00 application fee, and your ASVER responses. If you would like to be considered for the first round of invitations, please send your response by Sunday, July 16, at 11:59PM so we can move forward with the processing of your application. Please use this link to access the asynchronous video questions."

does the ”round” of when you get an II historically even matter?

They have already started interview invites - there is no such thing as first round etc and a specific deadline to qualify like a 7/16.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any current UTMB students on here who wouldn’t mind if I pm’d them some questions?

I submitted the secondary questions a week prior, but had not submitted the asynch videos & they sent me this. Received that email 7/13

"Hello,

Next Thursday, our admissions committee will meet to make the first round of interview invitations. We are very interested in your application, but we are missing your asynchronous video responses via Spark Hire. Please know that in order for your application to be screened for an interview, we must receive the supplemental application, a $70.00 application fee, and your ASVER responses. If you would like to be considered for the first round of invitations, please send your response by Sunday, July 16, at 11:59PM so we can move forward with the processing of your application. Please use this link to access the asynchronous video questions."
Rip I was complete like the 7/14 and have not received an interview yet… guess it’s still early and they’re probably still sending out first round

"Hello,

They did issue IIs yesterday which are technically considered the first round but outside of this note, there is no general practice of round1, round 2 etc unless they use those terms internally. It sounds like they are telling you that your application is not complete and there is something about your app that interested them in considering you for a II.

Not sure if anyone else reading this has received a similar note stating their incomplete status. I have not heard of such detailed notes in the past outlining every missing piece of information and asking someone to complete.

Each school opens some dates for interviews and tries to fill all the slots. Once the dates are full, they start working on the next list of candidates for next set of interviews. If they call 100 people for interviews and they could only fill 95 in the given dates because 5 are busy elsewhere, they try to find 5 additional people to fill. So sometimes you will see a random person piping up and saying they got a II and no one else does. When several state they got IIs, it means the next round of slots is getting filled.

Does being in the first round of interviews matter? I wasn't in the first round for one of my dream schools but some people said its not really a big deal.

Does being in the first round of interviews matter? I wasn't in the first round for one of my dream schools but some people said its not really a big deal.
It does not matter. There will be many chances to interview over the next 6 months and unless you're applying early decision nobody can be offered a spot until October 15th.

interview invite yesterday, IS. good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Good playlist for MMI walkthroughs here for all of us prepping for the interview

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how long the interview day will take? It looks like the interview itself should not take long, but I just want to make sure before I request time off from work.

Does anyone know how long the interview day will take? It looks like the interview itself should not take long, but I just want to make sure before I request time off from work.
The in person ones were scheduled for all day but not sure if zoom ones are different. Unless you have a schedule already, it is possible that you have interviews interspersed with presentations with gaps in between that cover the day.

@chicandtoughness what do you say?

Last year I took the whole day off. There’s student panels and such that are nice to attend. (My mind is a blur because it was a while ago, but I believe there was a student engagement fair with some of the organizations too.) I was in zoom until 4pm or so.

I'm going to request the whole day off from work! Just to be safe

Last year I took the whole day off. There’s student panels and such that are nice to attend. (My mind is a blur because it was a while ago, but I believe there was a student engagement fair with some of the organizations too.) I was in zoom until 4pm or so.
They seem to have separated it this year. Orientation, Q&A etc are the Friday before the scheduled interview for the week. I imagine the actual “interview day” will be about much shorter.

• Wow
Should n't you be in orientation or something?
Orientation was the first week of July my friend :p
They seem to have separated it this year. Orientation, Q&A etc are the Friday before the scheduled interview for the week. I imagine the actual “interview day” will be about much shorter.
Wait are you saying it's a 2-day interview thing this year?!

would anyone be able to PM me with their questions/advice for the SparkHire interview portion? thank you :D
Link to orient yourself on the site in post #1 of this thread.
Everyone should go into it on equal footing, as in: not knowing the questions in advance.
You will be told exactly how many questions & the time you get to think about each answer before recording it.
Dress up!

Anyone else get an email from admissions stating that “we must cancel your scheduled interview and orientation dates due to unforeseen technical difficulties”??

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Same my interview got canceled due to technical difficulties

• Wow
My interview also was cancelled due to technical difficulties. Maybe something was wrong with the AMP interview hosting software.

• Wow
Wow so they are pushing it back a whole 2 weeks. Wonder if this will affect prematches

The week of August 22nd is filled. I scheduled a new date, but I cannot make orientation cause I have class on Friday. Not sure what to do.

The week of August 22nd is filled. I scheduled a new date, but I cannot make orientation cause I have class on Friday. Not sure what to do.
Definitely email them, you can probably do another info session/later date or something

Definitely email them, you can probably do another info session/later date or something
Cool. Just emailed them about this and asked if maybe they could give me an earlier interview date.