2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received any II so far! The LM is 77 and WARS is above 95. I submitted everything on 7/12. I'm uncertain about the potential outcome. Given your past experience, what do you think? Should I anticipate receiving it, or should I consider it yield protected?
No T20 is yield protecting

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Just found an error when copying and pasting my essays 💀💀 should I email to correct or leave it be?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II RECEIVED 517, 3.85, GOOD RESEARCH ORM

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How are you doing?? What year are you and how is the program treating you so far. XOXO
I’m going into my second year- all things considered I am having a pretty good time! It’s a grind but I’m sure you already know that. I’ve got no major complaints personally. I am on the old curriculum and the class starting this year will be on the new curriculum so I really don’t know what that’s going to be like.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II! Complete 7/13. Non-trad career changer from a health-adjacent field, unique research w/ 1 pub, 516/3.9X undergrad in humanities, 4.0 grad & postbac. ORM. Beyond thrilled, Pitt is a dream school for sure!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+II, LM 72 submitted secondary 7/16

Last edited:
OOS II received!! Submitted 7/17

+interview !! OOS LM 74 with super strong research, never thought i would get an interview!! complete 7/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II today. Complete 7/20

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Me hoping to be in the first batch as a 7/11 submitter:
1690769391037.png

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
it’s lowkey not that bad. I calculated it based on their website of Acceptances given/Interviews= 295/931= 31%
Was referring to a different school with a 15-20% post II-acceptance rate.

Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to when they send IIs? Do they send them on particular days or is it just whenever?

Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to when they send IIs? Do they send them on particular days or is it just whenever?
Seems they trickle them out steadily based on people’s comments this cycle.

anyone else confused why the earliest interview dates are in October? Is this a glitch on my end?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else confused why the earliest interview dates are in October? Is this a glitch on my end?
I think the earlier dates just filled up quickly. The earliest dates when I went to schedule were late September

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an interview today? if so, when were you complete?

Most of the earlier dates are likely full. I scheduled it somewhat early and only days after September 7 or so were available then.

Do you guys also see the PSTP application in your portal?
I have a link to learn more and begin a PSTP application under my application status page but I didn't select that I was interested in this program on my secondary. Does this appear for everyone after submitting a secondary?

I have a link to learn more and begin a PSTP application under my application status page but I didn't select that I was interested in this program on my secondary. Does this appear for everyone after submitting a secondary?

I submitted my secondary & marked that I am interested. I can access the PSTP application and fill them out but didn't receive II yet.

I submitted the secondary on 7/12, and since people after that date are receiving IIs, is it safe to assume that they are not going to go back in dates to offer IIs to those people?

I submitted the secondary on 7/12, and since people after that date are receiving IIs, is it safe to assume that they are not going to go back in dates to offer IIs to those people?
It is not safe to assume that. Anything can happen.

Also this may sound harsh but remember, things are out of your hand now. Even if I told you it was safe to assume you're not getting a II, it won't change anything you do lol. It's not like you have a ticket already booked in April for second-look day! I'm pretty nervous about other schools I haven't heard from too, but don't speculate too much.

Reactions: 1 users
It is not safe to assume that. Anything can happen.

Also this may sound harsh but remember, things are out of your hand now. Even if I told you it was safe to assume you're not getting a II, it won't change anything you do lol. It's not like you have a ticket already booked in April for second-look day! I'm pretty nervous about other schools I haven't heard from too, but don't speculate too much.

Yeah it's definitely the idea of it being so black box that is getting to me right now. I wish we would know earlier rather than toward the end of the cycle so we have our expectations ready for whatever decision they make.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary & marked that I am interested. I can access the PSTP application and fill them out but didn't receive II yet.
I also haven't received an II but I indicated that I am interested in PCAT so I'm not sure why that would be on my portal unless everyone gets it. Can someone else check theirs?

I also haven't received an II but I indicated that I am interested in PCAT so I'm not sure why that would be on my portal unless everyone gets it. Can someone else check theirs?
I indicated interest in the PSTP program and I have that too. I have not received an II yet though. It says in the supplemental application that in order to be eligible to access the PSTP application you have to first receive an II though.