2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Donā€™t remember hearing anything about cadaver dissections being done with (they still couldā€™ve mentioned it though). They did mention a whole bunch of ways they were trying to align the curriculum with Step which was very nice to hear. I also donā€™t remember hearing about true P/F clerkships, but I do remember hearing that sometime recently they did get rid of forced ranking/forced distribution grading for clerkships.
They mentioned in interview day that poorly organized cadaveric dissections were moving to more structured prosection format that follows the new curriculum more closely.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that interviewed, was it more conversational or what was the overall vibe?

For those that interviewed, was it more conversational or what was the overall vibe?
My faculty interviewer was super chill and more conversational, student interviewer was more standard as we didn't have as much in common. Overall not stressful.

Does anyone know when Sinai would release acceptances/waitlist/rejection? I think they said it during interview day, but I can't remember

Yea mid Jan, mid Feb, and mid March. Three waves and if you're not accepted wave 1, you are still considered for the other 2.
So if we have not heard back for an II by this point, is it a soft R? Or are there more to come

So if we have not heard back for an II by this point, is it a soft R? Or are there more to come
IIs end in February, although probably closer to the beginning of February since the interviews themselves also conclude in February

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Submitted mid-July I think. Ready to live my Blair Waldorf dreams ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I can smell the pre-II Rs coming very soon
Gonna be the second time I get rejected from here after flexmed cooked me XD

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R just now! Best of luck to the rest of yā€™all :)

OOS Pre-II R, complete 7/7, update letter sent early November

I have no clue what medical schools want at this point, besides not me.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users
For people who have interviewed already: When did they email you the exact schedule for the interview and did they let you know the names of your interviewers prior to the interview?

For people who have interviewed already: When did they email you the exact schedule for the interview and did they let you know the names of your interviewers prior to the interview?
They sent an email about a week before and yes they let you know the names!

my interview was 9/29 and I got an email with the names of my interviewers on 9/20! there should be an interview day schedule tab in the AMP

Pre-II R complete late August, I got 5 rejections in the past 6 business days LOL I do not know what is going on or how I caught this bad karma :-(

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Oh I see the open house date marked on the calendar. Have they sent info about it yet?

• Hmm
Pre II rejection just now, completed 9/14, LM 80.

Anyone who has interviewed already: should I send my thank you notes to admissions if my interviewers didn't give me their emails?

Last edited:
Anyone who has interviewed already: should I send my thank you notes to admissions if my interviewers didn't give me their emails?
I think it depends. If they said something like "feel free to reach out with any questions" and didn't give you their emails, then sure. Honestly, I didnt get their emails so I opted not to send a thank you letter. It doesn't have a bearing on admission, it's just polite. However, I think if they don't give you their emails or suggest reaching out is fine, then don't send one. They might have done that intentionally to avoid flooding their inbox with Thank Yous. Just my opinion but I think you'll be find either way.

Donā€™t remember hearing anything about cadaver dissections being done with (they still couldā€™ve mentioned it though). They did mention a whole bunch of ways they were trying to align the curriculum with Step which was very nice to hear. I also donā€™t remember hearing about true P/F clerkships, but I do remember hearing that sometime recently they did get rid of forced ranking/forced distribution grading for clerkships.
Thank you! Do you remember if they talked about the guaranteed residency match program they have going on with some of their specialties?

Hi! Does anyone know if they accept post-interview letters of interest or intent? Or do you have to wait until the first round of decisions come out?

Hi! Does anyone know if they accept post-interview letters of interest or intent? Or do you have to wait until the first round of decisions come out?
They said on my interview day that they do accept them. You can upload to the portal.

OOS II! Complete 10/28

2 dates available first week of Jan

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users