2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if they're done sending out IIs at this point?
IIs end in early Feb and the interviews themselves end in late Feb

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school have a traditional interview?

Anyone receive confirmation after sending an update letter?

Anyone receive confirmation after sending an update letter?
Yes, I sent a letter in early Nov. and got an email telling me it was added to my file.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Hopkins accept update letters? I thought on their website they said that they don't? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Nope, I think they are pretty strict about not sending update letters pre-interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any tips for interviewing here? JHU is my first interview and I'm quite nervous. Also does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any tips for interviewing here? JHU is my first interview and I'm quite nervous. Also does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is?
Both interviews are allocated for 1 hour each, so be sure to have some in depth conversations! Not all interviewers will use the full hour though.

The post-II acceptance is about 40-50%.

• Care
Best tip for this school is to show your passion for whatever it is you're talking about. Be excited about the research you're interested in (Hopkins is a very research heavy school). Post-II A is about 35-40%. Goodluck! Honestly the interview was really relaxed and the interviewers were super nice. Definitely my favorite interview of all the schools so far

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Both interviews are allocated for 1 hour each, so be sure to have some in depth conversations! Not all interviewers will use the full hour though.

The post-II acceptance is about 40-50%.
Thank you so so much!

Eek!! Folks hearing back in Jan, we're in the final stretch!! Don't know what to do with myself until then.

Does anyone know if you get an email reply from the admissions office after sending in thank you letters? Also the email were supposed to send them to is: [email protected] right?

Just got a II!!! This was super unexpected as I thought I was now just in the waiting game!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+1 II. I think I almost had a heart attack at work. Incredibly grateful!

The wait is killing me! *Hypothetically*, if one were to call admissions, do you think they would be able to tell us what date to expect some news (Mon vs Tues vs Wed)? Or do they still not know themselves when this wave's decisions will be released?

The wait is killing me! *Hypothetically*, if one were to call admissions, do you think they would be able to tell us what date to expect some news (Mon vs Tues vs Wed)? Or do they still not know themselves when this wave's decisions will be released?
I believe they would know for sure. I don't know if they would tell us lol but it's maybe worth a try

Last edited:
and let us know :)

Has anyone gotten an interview recently from jooby hooby?

Reactions: 1 users
Johns-sama... I know you're somewhere up there looking down upon me... just give me a chance

• Care
Decisions could be tomorrow. They could be the day after tomorrow. Or they could be the day after the day after tomorrow. I’m not losing my mind at all!!

• Wow
Decisions could be tomorrow. They could be the day after tomorrow. Or they could be the day after the day after tomorrow. I’m not losing my mind at all!!
At least it was a relatively quick turnaround. It was my last interview (unless I get another one by some miracle), but is gonna be just the third school to give me a final decision since these other ones want to drag things out lol