2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel you. A very large part of me realizes how crazy lucky I am to be in the position to even be able to make such tough decisions. But Hopkins was always the dream. Now a competing offer from another top school is starting to make that dream fade away as the difference in the debt I would be required to bear is enormous (literally almost double).

And I hate that I just found out today and Hopkins is planning to decide everything by tomorrow. Doesn’t seem to be enough time. I can just feel the clock ticking away.
Honestly in the exact same position and will likely be withdrawing from Hopkins due to better aid elsewhere. It’s insane but I’m just so proud to know I made it to this point and that the school I dreamt of for so long deemed me worthy of an acceptance. I’m going to become a doctor and if it’s meant to be, I’ll swing back around for residency

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Fyi for those in the WL. I spoke to a current M1 during SLW and they told me that Hopkins accepted more than the usual amount, which is why SLW had around 200 students this time around (their highest ever). They had so many students that they had to offer hotel rooms in another hotel that was like 10 mins away from the school lol. Apparently they did this because in the past they've accepted a lower amount and had to dip into the waitlist either way, so they just wanted to avoid this from the get go. Not sure how true this is since it came from an M1, but that's what I was told.

Reactions: 1 user
Fyi for those in the WL. I spoke to a current M1 during SLW and they told me that Hopkins accepted more than the usual amount, which is why SLW had around 200 students this time around (their highest ever). They had so many students that they had to offer hotel rooms in another hotel that was like 10 mins away from the school lol. Apparently they did this because in the past they've accepted a lower amount and had to dip into the waitlist either way, so they just wanted to avoid this from the get go. Not sure how true this is since it came from an M1, but that's what I was told.
Thanks for sharing! Does this mean there's likely not much WL movement this year? Based on their stats from last year, the had accepted 266 people I wonder how many they accepted this year

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing! Does this mean there's likely not much WL movement this year? Based on their stats from last year, the had accepted 266 people I wonder how many they accepted this year
I imagine they still aim to accept around the same amount, but if this is true it would mean that a larger percentage of that ~266 would be direct admit instead of waitlist admit. This is assuming their yield doesn't change.

I feel that the change in financial aid office matching policies may decrease yield.

Is the AMCAS CYMS tool our only way of confirming our placement on the WL? I don’t remember getting a confirmation email after saying yes to remaining on the alt list

Sorry for being neurotic but has there been any movement on the groupchat and is anyone planning to withdraw their acceptance?

Sorry for being neurotic but has there been any movement on the groupchat and is anyone planning to withdraw their acceptance?
Groupme is at 198 students (213 total, but 15 are M1s)

Those committing to Hopkins today, is there anything we need to do besides select PTE if we are staying on other schools’s WL’s or CTE if we are not, and withdraw all other A’s? Is there something specific we have to do with Hopkins to let them know?

• Care
Is the AMCAS CYMS tool our only way of confirming our placement on the WL? I don’t remember getting a confirmation email after saying yes to remaining on the alt list
I have no idea but I also didn't get a confirmation email if that makes you feel better

Those committing to Hopkins today, is there anything we need to do besides select PTE if we are staying on other schools’s WL’s or CTE if we are not, and withdraw all other A’s? Is there something specific we have to do with Hopkins to let them know?
omg did Hopkins win in the end for you??

I believe all we have to do is PTE. Also, it’s an honor having you decide on Hopkins, especially with all the advice you have given to people who were torn between Hopkins and another school!

Done! Congrats everyone.

Let’s have a great four years

And let’s continue to pray Mayor Bloomberg donates a cool billion or two so we get surprise free tuition!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users