2023-2024 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am very drunk rn but.... II !!!! OOS
Gonna hit the town with my good friend Jack Daniels tonight to see if we can recreate this miracle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
With the secondary due date in 5 hours, I just wanted to confirm...

I never got an "application complete" email (only an "application received" one), but in my portal, it does in fact state my application is complete. I should be good, right?
1698015346137.png

Attachments

• 1698015329885.png
    1698015329885.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
With the secondary due date in 5 hours, I just wanted to confirm...

I never got an "application complete" email (only an "application received" one), but in my portal, it does in fact state my application is complete. I should be good, right?
Probably. If you're really paranoid, you could shoot an email to confirm.
The only thing I got was a "HMS Supplemental Application Received" email the day I submitted and the next communication was the interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably. If you're really paranoid, you could shoot an email to confirm.
The only thing I got was a "HMS Supplemental Application Received" email the day I submitted and the next communication was the interview invite.
My next communication was an interview invite I sent to Harvard but they haven’t accepted it yet. Idk I might have to give the spot to someone else.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
how are you a reapplicant bruh?
I was way too casual about interviews. I would wake up, roll out of bed, put on a professional top, some minion sweatpants, and rattle off answers to questions without thinking too deeply about why I wanted to become a doctor. It occurred to me this year that, last year, I don’t think I gave a single straight answer to “why medicine.” That’s a death sentence.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I was way too casual about interviews. I would wake up, roll out of bed, put on a professional top, some minion sweatpants, and rattle off answers to questions without thinking too deeply about why I wanted to become a doctor. It occurred to me this year that, last year, I don’t think I gave a single straight answer to “why medicine.” That’s a death sentence.
i would accept u solely for minion sweatpants

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Pathways, HST, and MSTP II just now! Secondary completed 10/12.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Pathways, HST, and MSTP II just now! Secondary completed 10/12.
That's incredible! And you were only complete two weeks ago!?

What were your stats? ORM/URM? Why do you think your app was processed so quickly?

Last edited:

What were your stats? ORM/URM? Why do you think your app was processed so quickly?
Maybe MSTP accelerates things?

ORM. 525+. I have lots of research and a top journal co-first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Maybe MSTP accelerates things?

ORM. 527. I have lots of research and a top journal co-first.

They may have filters (by stats or activities) that sort apps for review order. They also may just be caught up on reviews to be able process them immediately because of that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Slime belief

• Love
Pathways II this morning! Complete 7/19, LM 79

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
HEY i have my interview soon and absolutely soooooo nervous ( i am not a nervous person usually!!! but like this is crazy) -- any input on the previous interviewees of how it went? was it casual? eeeeeeek

HEY i have my interview soon and absolutely soooooo nervous ( i am not a nervous person usually!!! but like this is crazy) -- any input on the previous interviewees of how it went? was it casual? eeeeeeek
It was super casual. Very conversational and no challenging questions to test you or trip you up. My interviewers just wanted to get to know me better, and in one we spent 10 minutes talking about similar interests that had nothing to do with medical school.

I feel like I’ve only seen a small handful of HST interviews… do you think they do most HST interviews later? Or am I just trying to cope with not getting a II 😅

I feel like I’ve only seen a small handful of HST interviews… do you think they do most HST interviews later? Or am I just trying to cope with not getting a II 😅
For what it's worth I was given a single date for my HST interview, so I expect there are less dates in general

Reactions: 2 users
For those who interviewed: did you interviewer respond to your thank you?

HST II this morning!! Pathways and MSTP R at the same time. honestly super shook and v excited!! like !!!

also does anyone know how many ppl they tend to interview for HST?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
HST II this morning!! Pathways and MSTP R at the same time. honestly super shook and v excited!! like !!!

Congrats! Are the Rs pre-II? I thought they waited until the Spring to release all decisions?

Maybe because they got HST II they rejected them from the other pathways automatically?
they said they are not considering me for interviews at this time for Pathways and MSTP and that they likely won’t change their minds 🥲

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users

Congrats! Complete date?

Harvard needs to stop yield protecting me and send that II :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I thought most HST was generally more exclusive than Pathways. Surprised you got HST II, but not pathways.
it might be cuz i’m a stronger md/phd applicant than md only? meaning that i have lots of research but not as much clinical exp

Hahaha thank you it's so surreal. I am very committed to MD-PhD so really conflicted right now.
You can always get a PhD later if you really want to, but I would just see how generous Harvard is with their scholarship and if it is comparable to the MSTP stipend considering the extra 4 years you will do

You can always get a PhD later if you really want to, but I would just see how generous Harvard is with their scholarship and if it is comparable to the MSTP stipend considering the extra 4 years you will do
@procrastinating_cheetah, if you get into the HST program, look into the NIH Oxford-Cambridge program's track 2 MD/PhD. That might be a solution for you and you'd get your PhD from Oxford or Cambridge.

My first post cuz I got an II today! Does anyone know if Harvard is one of the schools that waits to release decisions until February or March or something?

edit: I looked back and it appears they do hold all their A's until later. dang. Hopefully I'll be back with good news in March!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
My first post cuz I got an II today! Does anyone know if Harvard is one of the schools that waits to release decisions until February or March or something?

edit: I looked back and it appears they do hold all their A's until later. dang. Hopefully I'll be back with good news in March!
Strong af first post bro. Hope to see you around