2023-2024 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rip hearing back this fast about a hold kinda sucks. Oh well it's gonna be a long cycle.
sorry to hear that - but it's not over until it's over! Did you receive an email or checked your portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Rip hearing back this fast about a hold kinda sucks. Oh well it's gonna be a long cycle.
This can't be your only school you applied to right. One of my friends got only one interview and one A. All you need is that one school. Who cares if its drexel

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This can't be your only school you applied to right. One of my friends got only one interview and one A. All you need is that one school. Who cares if its drexel
Yeah true I applied to 50 lol. Just that this one is IS for me so not too far.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah nah bro you're chilling. No way you don't get at least one A with 50 schools.
True Drexel is more of a service oriented school anyways, whereas my app is more research focused. Better luck on the next one. Good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted my secondary. Should I upload my resume? Seems like a waste of their time because there is nothing on my resume that isn't covered in greater detail on my primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
For secondaries - anyone know if I can reset the academic history page? Of course, I didn't read directions and added high school/uni information. Then I realized they only need the info for "new" academics since my initial application was submitted. I don't want them to think I never read instructions, I just read them too late...
if you have submitted....just wait now.
A rushed submission is not always your best, and on future ones save your work, think overnight, and go back to read the instructions once more before sending it in

IS. LM 71. Got a hold after submitting on 8/28. Just goes to show they do NOT review these in order

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
2023-2024 Drexel Secondary Essay Prompts
  1. Please discuss all of your current and recent activities and engagements that have prepared you for medical school. Please be sure to include any traditional and/or non-traditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done that are not already included in your application. (2000 characters)
  2. Why are you interested in Drexel? Please also explain how you meet various elements of our mission - compassionate care, diversity, spirited inquiry, collaboration, and opportunity. (1500 characters)
  3. (optional) Please describe any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your medical or non-medical service experiences, including any circumstances that impacted your engagement in activities, academics, and MCAT that would have helped to prepare you for medical school. (1500 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Does anyone know for prompt #2, if we need to mention all elements? Like how our experiences allowed us to meet each of them?

Also, to meet "diversity", is it more like a "diversity essay" that I need to explain how I could contribute to the diversity of the class? Or is it referring to how I can show that I'm capable to interacting people with diverse background?

Thanks !!

Does anyone know for prompt #2, if we need to mention all elements? Like how our experiences allowed us to meet each of them?

Also, to meet "diversity", is it more like a "diversity essay" that I need to explain how I could contribute to the diversity of the class? Or is it referring to how I can show that I'm capable to interacting people with diverse background?

Thanks !!
I don't think they expect us to explain how we meet all of the criteria. It's just too hard in 1500 characters. So I just picked two that I focused most of my energy on and then sprinkled in a sentence about two more elements. For the diversity aspect, I would say it's up to your interpretation because their mission involves a "culture of diversity" so it can go both ways.

IS II!! Complete 07/15 Title of the email scared me a bit lol, p sure it was the same title as my rejection last year

hi everyone! i'm an M2 here and i'm happy to answer any questions you may have :) feel free to PM me or ask questions here.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Considering adding this school but is it too late in the cycle at this point?

• Hmm
Considering adding this school but is it too late in the cycle at this point?
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Wow
Hey all, I know the first day of interviews is tomorrow so just wanted to congratulate you all! Relax and try to enjoy it, all the interviewers want is to get to know who you are off the paper so just bring your authentic self.

And remember, this is just the beginning of the interview season - I have plenty of classmates who didn't interview here until March or even April.

Reactions: 2 users