2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same — OOS II today! My first one of the cycle! Complete on 7/12

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just decided to submit an application to Dartmouth so forgive me if this is a bit late but regarding the "Other essay" - How are people tying this into social justice / diversity? I have an essay on diversity that ties in well with social justice but it was about my family member's experience, not my own, so I feel like I need to find something else for this one. I suppose I have experiences where I'm "other" but they don't necessarily relate to social justice. Thanks for any insight!

I just decided to submit an application to Dartmouth so forgive me if this is a bit late but regarding the "Other essay" - How are people tying this into social justice / diversity? I have an essay on diversity that ties in well with social justice but it was about my family member's experience, not my own, so I feel like I need to find something else for this one. I suppose I have experiences where I'm "other" but they don't necessarily relate to social justice. Thanks for any insight!
I don’t necessarily think it must be connected to social justice. It’s good if it is, however, u could also write about how you were the “other” in a diverse group and how you related to others who were of different country/race/ethnicity etc. while in college or sports or work and maybe elaborate a bit on that with a specific example.

Did people who received a secondary get confirmation from Dartmouth their application was received? I haven't gotten confirmation yet but wouldn't expect to be screened out early on.

Did people who received a secondary get confirmation from Dartmouth their application was received? I haven't gotten confirmation yet but wouldn't expect to be screened out early on.
I got a file complete email, yes. Do you see "Your application is ready" in the status table?

I got a file complete email, yes. Do you see "Your application is ready" in the status table?
I meant an email from Dartmouth after receiving the primary! I decided to add Dartmouth late (app was verified back in June) but haven't received a secondary or any other communication indicating they received my primary. Thanks for your response though

I meant an email from Dartmouth after receiving the primary! I decided to add Dartmouth late (app was verified back in June) but haven't received a secondary or any other communication indicating they received my primary. Thanks for your response though
Hm, I‘ve never heard about a school doing that. From what I remember though, they have an MCAT screen of a 502 minimum, not sure about GPA.

Well it would sure be great if one of youse who sees this question, on the 2023-2024 secondary, could copy/paste the ENTIRE secondary.

Help us out, @OreoLover365 or @toastedbutter

This is the first year I have had to make so many corrections due to inaccurate information shared about the secondaries.
We can do better, y'all.
Hi wysdoc,
For the 1st secondary question, they make it sound like you should only discuss courses if in school, or work if workng? Should I interpret it this way? Also, when describing the nature of my work, could I use my activities section to do this? My work was one of my MM activities, so I used the 700 character space for describing the activity, and the 1325 for additional informaition. I am thinking about adding what I plan to do this upcoming year in my work as well. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Hi wysdoc,
For the 1st secondary question, they make it sound like you should only discuss courses if in school, or work if workng? Should I interpret it this way? Also, when describing the nature of my work, could I use my activities section to do this? My work was one of my MM activities, so I used the 700 character space for describing the activity, and the 1325 for additional informaition. I am thinking about adding what I plan to do this upcoming year in my work as well. Thanks for taking a look at this!
That's how I would read this question, it seems clearly spelled out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way to get a sense of your chances for an A if you have an II for a school? For Dartmouth and also just schools in general?
I see Dartmouth interviewed around 650 people for about 100 spots but assuming they accepted more than that ?

According to this link, 257 students were accepted (92 enrolled) out of 674 interviewed.

Reactions: 5 users
has anyone done their interview yet? bit unsure of how much to prepare and also the group portion etc - any suggestions would be much appreciated !

OOS II ! Complete 7/17, LM 75, non-trad career changer. So excited, after writing their 'why us' essay I felt like they'd be a great fit! :)

Edit: Looking at the portal now- there's only one date available and it's NEXT WEEK! That is so soon! Were there more dates available for other folks scheduling or do they just assign applicants a date?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Edit: Looking at the portal now- there's only one date available and it's NEXT WEEK! That is so soon! Were there more dates available for other folks scheduling or do they just assign applicants a date?
I had a conflict, emailed them, and they manually scheduled me for the following week.

Seems like they want to be more specific on who gets scheduled when but they were very responsive in helping to find a date that works for me.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a conflict, emailed them, and they manually scheduled me for the following week.

Seems like they want to be more specific on who gets scheduled when but they were very responsive in helping to find a date that works for me.
Okay, good to know. I went ahead and accepted the date they gave me because I don't really have a conflict, was just hoping for more time to prepare. But probably better to just go for it!

good luck to everyone interviewing today! if anyone wants to share anything abt how it went i would be very appreciative 🤍 - sincerely an interviewee for next thursday

Reactions: 2 users
Overall it was very laid back and welcoming. Both my interviewers really cared and wanted to get to know me.

Also, the sdn interview feedback for this school is pretty spot on. I'd suggest looking through that when you get the chance.

Reactions: 2 users
Overall it was very laid back and welcoming. Both my interviewers really cared and wanted to get to know me.

Also, the sdn interview feedback for this school is pretty spot on. I'd suggest looking through that when you get the chance.

awesome thank you:)

Anyone submitted on 7/15 and still not hearing anything

Seconded.

OOS II! Rec'd 7/10, submitted 7/19. Had to reschedule another interview bc they only had one date😭

For those that interviewed already did you send thank you's straight to your interviewers or upload them to the portal? I sent mine to my interviewers directly in the emails given to us but now see there is a category for "Thank You" in the document upload. Just don't want adcom to think I didn't send one when they strongly encouraged us to

For those that interviewed already did you send thank you's straight to your interviewers or upload them to the portal? I sent mine to my interviewers directly in the emails given to us but now see there is a category for "Thank You" in the document upload. Just don't want adcom to think I didn't send one when they strongly encouraged us to
I also emailed directly to the interviewers since I thought that's what Dr. Pinto-Powell recommended we do? She also said the thank you letters are not a big deal. But I also saw that in the portal and was wondering.. We're probably just overthinking it.

I also emailed directly to the interviewers since I thought that's what Dr. Pinto-Powell recommended we do? She also said the thank you letters are not a big deal. But I also saw that in the portal and was wondering.. We're probably just overthinking it.
Most definitely overthinking it...common symptom of the post ii wait 🤷‍♂️

• Care
OOS II this am, complete 7/23!

Are the Geisel Conversations mandatory? I would really like to go but I have work that day and I already had to arrange a different work schedule to do the actual interview day :(

Are the Geisel Conversations mandatory? I would really like to go but I have work that day and I already had to arrange a different work schedule to do the actual interview day :(

definitely not mandatory, you can choose to attend another week if you are interested and can’t go a particular week, i found it helpful just talking to students but no one from admissions are involved in it

any current med students i can pm? Looking for some advice for Geisel :)

bruh my interview here was so weird very strange vibe from both of my interviewers. one of my conversations got super philosophical and the other one talked about their specialty for 15/30 minutes

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
i know no acceptances can go out til october 15/16 this year, but do we think that they will waitlist or reject any people who have already interviewed before that tjme? or wait for everything til october (interviewed and want to know if that’s a possibility)