2023-2024 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS pre-II R, complete, unsure of when I submitted, LM 72.

Clowns couldn't have just given the rejection in the email, they literally said "check your portal for your decision" lmao
agreed lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS pre-II R, complete late July. Lmao, they could of written the rejection in the email instead of making you log in which I had to re-create a password. :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users

Clowns couldn't have just given the rejection in the email, they literally said "check your portal for your decision" lmao
I didnt bother looking at the portal. Just waited for confirmation on sdn lmaooo

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

OOS pre-II R.

And I felt this. They even made me reset my password, all so I can get rejected. bahahaha. ok.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to hear that everyone hate they can’t just be upfront in the email. does this mean that they’re done with II?

they could of written the rejection in the email instead of making you log in which I had to re-create a password. :rofl:
yea no thanks, no way I'm recreating this expired password. It's Schrödinger's Application Decision now.

Pre-II R
(or... the elusive, rare Pre-II A )

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Big L for making me log in to check the decision (R)

anyone not get any updates yet, II or R?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
OOS R as well.
Honestly, the "Dear Applicant" combined with the roundabout rejection notification is completely in line with what I hear about Cinci.

+1 I interviewed late October and was placed on the alt list in November. I sent an update letter in late December and nothing. I was planning to send a letter of intent within the next two weeks. Anyone have any thoughts?
+1 I was also planning on sending a letter of intent. Does anyone know how helpful this would be for getting off the alternate list? And also when they usually accept people from the alternate list?

The “dear applicant” heading is so personal🫠
OOS R as well.
Honestly, the "Dear Applicant" combined with the roundabout rejection notification is completely in line with what I hear about Cinci.
+1 OOS Pre-II R. And I agree completely with the general sentiment here: it's just a bad look on the school's part. I understand that Cinci gets thousands of applications and can't exercise great care and personalization for each rejection letter, but to ghost applicants for many months (7 for me) and then reject them en masse the way it did just ain't it. (Such is life, tho).

+1 I was also planning on sending a letter of intent. Does anyone know how helpful this would be for getting off the alternate list? And also when they usually accept people from the alternate list?
I think they've pulled a small number of people off the alternate list so far, but I've heard most movement happens in May after people commit to enroll on April 30th. My friend was on the alternate list and was accepted on April 2nd.

Reactions: 1 users
Have literally never heard anything bad about the school, got an A here so that comment is making me stress :(
Seems like cope by that poster to me, I’ve also heard nothing bad about the school

why did i just get the “check your portal for a decision” email for the second time

how bad did they hate my app 😭

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone not hear anything yet? R they sending Rs at once or in waves?

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like cope by that poster to me, I’ve also heard nothing bad about the school
My friends who have interviewed at or attend Cinci all have similar anecdotes of admin feeling/being distant. Not a red flag, just in line with their rejection process.
Call it cope if you want but if Pitt, UofM, and Case can use my name and try to pretend to care in my waitlist/rejection email, no reason why Cinci can't at least make sure they don't hit people with two "hey, log in to your portal for a surprise!" emails.

My friends who have interviewed at or attend Cinci all have similar anecdotes of admin feeling/being distant. Not a red flag, just in line with their rejection process.
Call it cope if you want but if Pitt, UofM, and Case can use my name and try to pretend to care in my waitlist/rejection email, no reason why Cinci can't at least make sure they don't hit people with two "hey, log in to your portal for a surprise!" emails.
Attended the master's program and took classes within the medical school, the staff are super approachable and students are extremely welcoming. There is a strong culture of sharing resources and mentoring. Most of the instructors I've met have been extremely accessible and willing to answer questions even after hours. Higher-up admins are a different story but I'm not sure of any place where they are generally the most interactive with students. There were some new hires in the admissions department this year and the school itself is working towards a curriculum redesign with shortened didactic period so I can understand why the communication with us has been less than ideal so far.

Reactions: 3 users