2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for answering. How long did you work there? I was accepted for 2024 but am petrified after reading many of the reports of crime in Cleveland. If you study and stay late in the library in the medical school, for instance, is it safe to walk outside in the evening.
I currently go to CWRU for undergrad. From my personal experience throughout these past years I haven't ran into any issues. However, I have heard of things happening around the campus. I think overall it just comes down to being alert and avoiding unsafe areas/walking alone at night like you would in any city. We also have things like Safe Ride which you can book from 6pm-2am (it's like a free Uber restricted to the campus area). Generally you shouldn't run into any problems walking at night on campus but that is another option!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the OOS post-II admit rate for Case?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there typically a lot of movement on the alternate list? I know they said you prolly won't hear anything till April, but is there actually a shot of getting an A off the alternate list?

Complete 8/5 and haven't heard anything, LM 72

Reactions: 3 users
If we haven't heard back from CWRU, are we still in consideration for a decision regarding an interview?

Applied here but I haven't heard back since I submitted secondary Mid July.

I wonder if they screen in order of when you submitted your secondary or if they triage people based on who they think they're most likely to admit.

If we haven't heard back from CWRU, are we still in consideration for a decision regarding an interview?

Applied here but I haven't heard back since I submitted secondary Mid July.

I wonder if they screen in order of when you submitted your secondary or if they triage people based on who they think they're most likely to admit.

Idk but I’m in the same boat as you

Does anyone know if calling them would be a bad thing lol? I don't want to annoy them but it has been forever since my application was complete and no II. I feel like they forgot about us...I don't have any significant updates so I don't want to send a letter of update! At this point I think its an R but I still want a confirmation lol

Does anyone know if calling them would be a bad thing lol? I don't want to annoy them but it has been forever since my application was complete and no II. I feel like they forgot about us...I don't have any significant updates so I don't want to send a letter of update! At this point I think its an R but I still want a confirmation lol

I am in the same boat, but I’m not sure calling is a good idea. I also don’t think they allow updates unless you’ve interviewed or have been invited to. I believe they send interviews into the spring, so there is still hope. Calling might make it seem like you’re impatient. I totally get it tho, and it’s fair to be frustrated!

• Care
I am in the same boat, but I’m not sure calling is a good idea. I also don’t think they allow updates unless you’ve interviewed or have been invited to. I believe they send interviews into the spring, so there is still hope. Calling might make it seem like you’re impatient. I totally get it tho, and it’s fair to be frustrated!
I know its just soo hard to be patient rn....And I didnt know they didnt accept update letters pre-II because I saw the "email admissions office" button in the portal and I thought I could just send an email lol I guess I will just have to wait:(

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, I totally messed up and forgot to schedule a you do IQ session before my interview. Would anyone be able to share about what that experience was like? I would so appreciate it!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, I totally messed up and forgot to schedule a you do IQ session before my interview. Would anyone be able to share about what that experience was like? I would so appreciate it!!!!
I don't believe the session is required at all, but it was a simple medical case that a current student used to illustrate the unique learning system that Case uses. It was fun to meet and talk with other applicants and don't think it had any impact on admissions.

I don't believe the session is required at all, but it was a simple medical case that a current student used to illustrate the unique learning system that Case uses. It was fun to meet and talk with other applicants and don't think it had any impact on admissions.
Thank you!! This is really helpful and calmed my nerves :)

Calling a school to ask where your II is might be one of the most unhinged things a premed could do LMFAO.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Calling a school to ask where your II is might be one of the most unhinged things a premed could do LMFAO.

Also FYI, I submitted end of july and got an invite end of nov -- things just take time

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R literally as I’m reading the updates here lol. OOS, really average stats but oof

Pre-II R international, submitted 7/27

Anyone that hasn’t gotten an II or been rejected complete in July? They’re really just stringing me along lol

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone that hasn’t gotten an II or been rejected complete in July? They’re really just stringing me along lol
submitted late july, no news yet. since case has regular R waves i’m just gonna take this as good news since it means we’re still in the running! (plus from past cycles it seems they continue sending out IIs for a good while)

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R now. LM 75, complete 7/27. Best of luck to everyone else--this is a phenomenal school.

• Care
OOS pre-II R earlier today, complete 8/12. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When do you find out who your interviewers are? Any advice for interview day? Thanks!

OOS II! Complete 9/2

3 dates available, earliest being 12/13 and the latest being 12/20!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
At this point case is just ignoring me and my July complete date lol

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
At least it seems like Case is good at rejecting people they know they won't accept.

A lot more R messages on this thread than I think most other schools. So if you haven't been rejected here, at least good to know you're being considered

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who was complete in 8/15 received a rejection from Case?

I was complete 7/28 and no news yet!