2022 Pharmacy Graduates: Are You Getting Any Offers Yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was given a contract from Rite-Aid for a fulltime staff position upon graduating:

Pay Rate: $4600 biweekly pay based on 80 scheduled hours (will increase pay incentive to $62.50/hour if willing to relocate to the Rural NW Oregon Coast).
Incentives: $5k relocation bonus with a $10k signing bonus upon graduation
Promissary Note: Repay all the bonus incentives upon leaving the company within 12 months of start date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was also offered an Albertson salaried float pharmacist position in the Oregon/Washington state line region:

Pay Rate: $61.80/hour with 32-hour work weeks ($103k annual salary) paid on a weekly basis.
Incentives: None - plenty of opportunities to pick up 1 to 2 shifts if desired (verbal statement, not in contract).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For some others in my cohort (as well as fellow student connections I have in the Midwest/Southern region) here is some of the offered pay upon graduation: [take this section to a grain of salt, only what I was told not any contract I had actually seen].

Wal-Mart:

Pay Rate: $59.00/hour with 40-hour work weeks (Idaho/Oregon and Oregon/Washington regions).
Incentives: ~10k Student Loan Coverage
Promissary Note: Pay back any and all incentives within 12 months of termination

(Midwest/Southern Region): Same information with $51.50 - 55/hour depending on site availability upon graduation (from their regional director recruiters).

Many others in my cohort have not received any offers with the other half (myself included) applying to residency programs. With all of that, I am curious what other 2022 graduates are being offered (if anything this early) or what any of our current pharmacists know what is potentially being offered for any new coming grads. Another year in the making and might as well build a list every year as to how pay is going with what position (per diem / floaters / staff). This may make more sense to post closer to graduation but 2021 is closing out so.....why not?

Oh, and Happy New Years!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CVS is offering $64/hr + $50K sign on bonus with a two year commitment beginning from the date you pass the Naplex/CPJE.

I heard from friend that Kroger is offering 62/hr for new grads in southwest.

These numbers are higher than I expected. Happy for you guys.

Reactions: 1 user
I recently heard Chicagoland is offering 54$ an hour to wags new grad rphs

You'll probably get lots of offers, but retail only... salaries from $30 to $49, possibly some bonuses. You have to work 3 years, usually, to get the bonus. If you quit or transfer job titles before that, you have to pay the bonus back. The problem is, neither CVS nor Walgreens, nor anyone else, are learning from their mistakes. They still want 12 hour shifts, still have punitive metrics, still basically force you to work without breaks if you want to stay ahead of the metrics, even though most close for lunch now for 30 minutes. Their tech is outdated, there's no innovation, they can't hire techs to support you and actually help you fill or man the registers while also testing & vaccinating.

Reactions: 1 users