2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if they're rolling the IIs out, or if they sent it in one big batch? Aka should I keep neurotically checking my email or call it a day? :,)

Reactions: 1 user
Do we know if they're rolling the IIs out, or if they sent it in one big batch? Aka should I keep neurotically checking my email or call it a day? :,)
"keep"...What? I've been neurotically checking my email since this whole process began...and I don't see an end anytime soon. 😭

Reactions: 1 users
My number 1 choice, please show me some love :(. Grew up in STL.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday! WARS 92, LM 81, OOS, ORM, 5’9”, Libra, Enneagram 6! Complete 8/2.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey yall how long did it take for you to get your kira talent invite after II?

hey yall how long did it take for you to get your kira talent invite after II?

I emailed them about it - they said we’ll get the invite either this week or latest by Monday next week.

lol nvm i just got the kira talent email

• Haha
Also in the email sent after scheduling the interview date, it says "Register for a live virtual campus tour hosted by current students on the date of your interview and Plan to attend the following sessions via Zoom on the date of your Interview". Did they mean to say "on the week of your interview" instead of "date of your interview"? Cause they are sending the interview times 2 days before the date and I feel like scheduling all these events the same day of the interview would cause scheduling conflicts...

Also in the email sent after scheduling the interview date, it says "Register for a live virtual campus tour hosted by current students on the date of your interview and Plan to attend the following sessions via Zoom on the date of your Interview". Did they mean to say "on the week of your interview" instead of "date of your interview"? Cause they are sending the interview times 2 days before the date and I feel like scheduling all these events the same day of the interview would cause scheduling conflicts...
If you go to the portal it says "Plan to attend the following sessions via Zoom on the date of your interview or on an adjacent date if your interview is on a Friday" so I'm guessing that with the exception of the Friday interviews that they do actually want you to do this on interview day

Last edited:
is the interview more important at washu? I can’t imagine they would waste that many resources interviewing like 25% of people if it wasn’t.
Well, it took awhile to ascertain how Wash U. was conducting THAT many interviews; they use a third party to “pre-interview” applicants and record it. It’s a similar concept to what Altus has rolled out that U. of Colorado is experimenting with this cycle, but through a different company & after a preliminary review of applications. IMO, the posted chart is likely a bit misleading as it’s doubtful 25% of their applicants are getting to a final interview with actual people.

The pre-interview isn't a screening tool, everyone who has an actual interview does it in addition to the traditional interviews with faculty (2).
Thank you for clarifying/correcting my misunderstanding.

Still pretty wild though, they must have an immense amount of admissions staff. I can't imagine there isn't a degree of burnout/bias nearing the middle/end of interviews when they interview this many people...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Has anyone else gotten the Newsletter with this: "We are extremely pleased to learn of your interest in Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. If you are reading this, you have received your supplemental application and look forward to learning more about you through the admissions process." I was complete a month ago and just received it. Received an app complete email weeks ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else gotten the Newsletter with this: "We are extremely pleased to learn of your interest in Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. If you are reading this, you have received your supplemental application and look forward to learning more about you through the admissions process." I was complete a month ago and just received it. Received an app complete email weeks ago.

I GOT SO EXCITED THEN REALIZED IT WAS NOT AN II

Last edited:
They baited me so hard. I also want to unsubscribe

I haven't even received this... bruh moment

I just got the newsletter like right after reading this thread. I'm glad it didn't blindside me and get my hopes up

is anyone who got an ii 9/9 still waiting for the kira email?

My heart skipped a beat and then sank back down to my stomach

anyone else get their newsletter thinking it was an II lol