2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else having issues uploading documentation to qualify for their fee waiver? I've scoured the portal and have not found a way to upload it.

I emailed admissions again early Friday morning and haven't gotten a response. I've been done with my secondary now for a good week but haven't been able to submit since my waiver hasn't been processed. I'm considering just paying for it at this point.
I screenshotted the fee assistance email I received from AMCAS, and they waived it in 5 minutes. I emailed them this information

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I screenshotted the fee assistance email I received from AMCAS, and they waived it in 5 minutes. I emailed them this information
Thanks. I did that originally, and they told me I had to submit it via the portal. I finally called them today and they made it so that I could upload it directly on the portal. Unfortunate, though, since I finished it at least a week ago.

Quick question guys. I have my interview scheduled tomorrow, and tonight there are two optional events: 1 from 5-6 and 1 from 6-7. Unfortunately I don't get off work till 5:30 and wouldn't be able to attend the first event. Will this look bad? I can try to see if I can leave a bit early not sure if my boss will let me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question guys. I have my interview scheduled tomorrow, and tonight there are two optional events: 1 from 5-6 and 1 from 6-7. Unfortunately I don't get off work till 5:30 and wouldn't be able to attend the first event. Will this look bad? I can try to see if I can leave a bit early not sure if my boss will let me.
I was thinking the same thing for mine. They say it is optional, but it could be optional the same way some of the "optional essays" were. I don't want to take the chance so I called off work to go to both.

I was thinking the same thing for mine. They say it is optional, but it could be optional the same way some of the "optional essays" were. I don't want to take the chance so I called off work to go to both.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking... I can ask and see but not sure if I can.

If it is the same as last year, the events were a social and the other was one for underrepresented students (I think?) where you meet with current students and are able to ask questions that is not supposed to have any impact or bearing on your status but more just to give you better insight into McGovern as a school. Would def recommend attending, but no penalties if you cannot

Are these events in-person?

If it is the same as last year, the events were a social and the other was one for underrepresented students (I think?) where you meet with current students and are able to ask questions that is not supposed to have any impact or bearing on your status but more just to give you better insight into McGovern as a school. Would def recommend attending, but no penalties if you cannot
Yeah that's correct. I'll try to get work off a bit early. Thanks for the heads up

image.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, was just about to ask

Glad y’all are on here. I was thinking I got the date or time wrong. I checked the other link too and it was not working.

Reactions: 1 users
Still nothing, oh well, do you think they are going to do the same thing with the social?

Still nothing, oh well, do you think they are going to do the same thing with the social?
Not sure. I emailed the person listed on the interview agenda for the contact for this session. No response. I'm gonna wait til like 5:55 then join the other link.

Apparently the host lost power so they couldn't run the meeting

Yeah and apparently it’s absolutely pouring in Houston rn

Got my first II this morning from McGovern! LM is 71. Complete 7/20.

Reactions: 2 users
Do y’all think that a LizzyM of 68.50 is too little for an ORM? I completed like 7/4 and am starting to worry a bit. P good essays imo and rec letters I’d say. Also I’m a reapplicant. Does anyone know if McGovern favors first-time over reapplicants?

Do y’all think that a LizzyM of 68.50 is too little for an ORM? I completed like 7/4 and am starting to worry a bit. P good essays imo and rec letters I’d say. Also I’m a reapplicant. Does anyone know if McGovern favors first-time over reapplicants?
I’m also a reapplicant with only a slightly higher LM, and I got a II.

As for the reapplicant part, I think the idea that reapplicants are viewed below first-time applicants is overblown. I believe as long as you made improvements, you will be viewed the same. However, I can’t say for sure about McGovern.

I think my lizzyM score is around 69 maybe a little higher and I was in the first batch of II’s that went out this cycle from McGovern, I think you’ll be fine, stop stressing this process is just a waiting game

By the way for everybody else with interviews coming up, I had an amazing experience here. Both my interviews were actually very conversational. Most the questions were about my hobbies and what I do to manage stress. They do a really good job of making you feel at ease

Reactions: 5 users
@Sonarka Thanks for the encouragement, will do! Also, are you ORM or URM? Jw, if you're comfortable sharing. :D

• Hmm
LM 63 and interviewed today

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Can't believe it. Interviewed at Fertitta last week.

Reactions: 1 users