2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me. I emailed them yesterday and I am waiting. All my LORs are in but the portal says they are not...
Update: they replied to my email and said "I am all set to go" but the portal still says I am incomplete. Anyone else shares the same situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: they replied to my email and said "I am all set to go" but the portal still says I am incomplete. Anyone else shares the same situation?

Also replied to me saying they're just reviewing my letters but all should be fine, but I'm incomplete lol

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone say how long it takes to do the secondary? Is it under an hour?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school takes p/f for prereqs taken during the covid semester?

Does anyone know if this school takes p/f for prereqs taken during the covid semester?
Their site states they will consider P/F courses on a case-by-case basis, and if you had no choice about the P/F status during certain pandemic semesters it is likely they will approve it.

Their site states they will consider P/F courses on a case-by-case basis, and if you had no choice about the P/F status during certain pandemic semesters it is likely they will approve it.
My university gave us an option, and I took 2 courses for p/f (biochem and another elective). How do you think they might view that? Wishing I hadn't done that in hindsight but it is what it is now.

My university gave us an option, and I took 2 courses for p/f (biochem and another elective). How do you think they might view that? Wishing I hadn't done that in hindsight but it is what it is now.
Yes it’s a decision you made and I totally understand it’s hard to learn Biochem as a do it yourself project.
If you are selected to do a secondary at TCU that will be the time to ask them about it.

Does anyone know how LORs work in terms of interview invites and acceptances?? I currently have 3 LORs in and submit (which is TCUSOM minimum requirement for LORs), but I am still waiting on my 4th LOR, and last one. TCUSOM sent me an email saying that my application was, "complete and under review," however, are they going to WITHHOLD inviting me for an interview UNTIL that 4th and last LOR is in? Or?? @TCUSOM

Does anyone know how LORs work in terms of interview invites and acceptances?? I currently have 3 LORs in and submit (which is TCUSOM minimum requirement for LORs), but I am still waiting on my 4th LOR, and last one. TCUSOM sent me an email saying that my application was, "complete and under review," however, are they going to WITHHOLD inviting me for an interview UNTIL that 4th and last LOR is in? Or?? @TCUSOM
sounds pretty normal for most schools. If you indicate that you're sending over the LOR requirement then schools will wait on that to come in even if you sent in the required 3 already. Honestly not really sure what your question is, it looks like TCU already told you that they're going to wait on it.

Has anyone heard back/ received II? It's been really quiet for TCU

Last year first II wasn't sent until end of August, so I imagine they're gonna have the same timeline. If I had to hazard a guess, we could hear news later this week or next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping by this Friday. Last year it looked like the first II went out around 8/27 (which was a Friday) and since 8/27 this year is a Saturday I'm hoping by the end of the week. I also could be reading into it WAY too much. #neuroticism

• Haha
I'm hoping by this Friday. Last year it looked like the first II went out around 8/27 (which was a Friday) and since 8/27 this year is a Saturday I'm hoping by the end of the week. I also could be reading into it WAY too much. #neuroticism
Yeah I am hoping that is the case as well. All we can do is wait tho!

I feel like I read through last year's thread too much that I memorized everything lol desperation

sounds pretty normal for most schools. If you indicate that you're sending over the LOR requirement then schools will wait on that to come in even if you sent in the required 3 already. Honestly not really sure what your question is, it looks like TCU already told you that they're going to wait on it.
No. TCU sent me an email saying, "Congrats, your application is COMPLETE and is being submit for review." This was right after my 3rd LOR was submit. However, my 4th and last letter at that point was missing (and still is). So my question is, TCU said my application is "complete and under review," so could I potentially get an interview invite BEFORE that last/4th LOR is in and submit? Or will they wait to send an interview invite until AFTER my 4th is submit? The reason I'm confused is bc TCU sent me an email saying my "app is complete and under review," when I am missing my last and 4th letter

No. TCU sent me an email saying, "Congrats, your application is COMPLETE and is being submit for review." This was right after my 3rd LOR was submit. However, my 4th and last letter at that point was missing (and still is). So my question is, TCU said my application is "complete and under review," so could I potentially get an interview invite BEFORE that last/4th LOR is in and submit? Or will they wait to send an interview invite until AFTER my 4th is submit? The reason I'm confused is bc TCU sent me an email saying my "app is complete and under review," when I am missing my last and 4th letter

Maybe email them and ask for clarification? They are pretty responsive to emails

Maybe email them and ask for clarification? They are pretty responsive to emails
So I tried lol. And after I sent that email asking, 1 day later I received the, "Congrats, your application is submit and under review." So idk if they just ignored my email or if that was the reply :rofl:

Anyone else who sent a committee letter waiting for a complete status?

still says application incomplete bc of lettter of recommendation... although my committee letter has been submitted a while ago :(

Here's hoping someone on sdn hears back this week!

still says application incomplete bc of lettter of recommendation... although my committee letter has been submitted a while ago :(
Same, I was thinking of calling them today to sort it out

Same, I was thinking of calling them today to sort it out
I sent an email weeks ago and they said they had received them and my letters were under review. They might just be behind this year.

I’m sorry if this was mentioned before in a thread, but is TCU receptive to OOS applicants? And what’s the environment like at the school? I really like their mission but I’m not religious.

I’m sorry if this was mentioned before in a thread, but is TCU receptive to OOS applicants? And what’s the environment like at the school? I really like their mission but I’m not religious.

It is a private school and has OOS majority (35% from Texas) according to student profile of 2021 admitted class. They didn't give this information for 2020.

I am under the impression TCU has no religious component in medical school but I will let others who are more familiar comment on this.

Reactions: 2 users
It seems crazy nobody here has heard back yet. Their first interview date is on September 12th, I figured somebody on sdn would've reported a II by now.

It seems crazy nobody here has heard back yet. Their first interview date is on September 12th, I figured somebody on sdn would've reported a II by now.
Pretty typical compared to past years, really, with first interview invitations late August or early September

Pretty typical compared to past years, really, with first interview invitations late August or early September
Yeah that's fair, I guess I am being impatient lol

explain?? i need notifications asap. im neurotic and TCU is my #1 lol
You should already be watching this page. When you comment on a thread, you automatically are "watching" the thread. Whenever there is something posted, you will get a notification. Otherwise, there is no need to check the thread.

explain?? i need notifications asap. im neurotic and TCU is my #1 lol
Top right corner of a thread just above the first post, there is a button called watch. If you set a thread to watch, then irrespective of what else you are reading on SDN, you will have an alarm when something happens to this thread.

Do you guys think TCU hasn't sent out any II yet or is it people on here haven't received anything?

Do you guys think TCU hasn't sent out any II yet or is it people on here haven't received anything?
Check your emails for interview invitations and you can be sure that when an SDN member gets an interview, they will share the news.

Reactions: 6 users
Just submitted my secondary and still waiting for a green check mark by letters of rec. I reached out and they said they have received my letters and I do not need to do anything at this point. Does anyone know if they accept updates, and if we can upload them to the document section on the application portal. I have made some changes to my planned activities and would like to tell them more.

Just submitted my secondary and still waiting for a green check mark by letters of rec. I reached out and they said they have received my letters and I do not need to do anything at this point. Does anyone know if they accept updates, and if we can upload them to the document section on the application portal. I have made some changes to my planned activities and would like to tell them more.
TCU does not accept any updates and considers your application complete as submitted. This goes for letters of intent later after interviews too. Planned activities have little impact on evaluation of a candidate.
If granted an interview later you will have the chance to talk about new things you are doing.

Anybody know what the current address of TCU School of Medicine is? Google maps points it to the UNT campus, but I don't know if it's still the campus since the DO and MD program split there.

Anybody know what the current address of TCU School of Medicine is? Google maps points it to the UNT campus, but I don't know if it's still the campus since the DO and MD program split there.
@OrexinRules can you help out here? I think ground was broken on your new big building, but are the MS1-2 students still in the interim location?

I’m pretty sure it’s in the international plaza. If you google maps international plaza Fort Worth you’ll get the address.

Attachments

• 9B728B64-0FB9-408A-92F8-C1BEF8B35BD8.jpeg
    9B728B64-0FB9-408A-92F8-C1BEF8B35BD8.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 116