2022-2023 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey friends! My interview is next week and I have to do it during work haha is it just a few separate zoom sessions or is it an all day type of thing? The email wasn’t very clear.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends! My interview is next week and I have to do it during work haha is it just a few separate zoom sessions or is it an all day type of thing? The email wasn’t very clear.

Thanks!
For me, I attended my interview at 10 am and there was an info session and student Q&A from 11-12:30 or 1. I also had a student interview lat like 2:30, but not everyone is assigned to do a student interview. So, long story short, it‘s not a whole day affair.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For me, I attended my interview at 10 am and there was an info session and student Q&A from 11-12:30 or 1. I also had a student interview lat like 2:30, but not everyone is assigned to do a student interview. So, long story short, it‘s not a whole day affair.
I got a student interview but wonder why not everyone gets one. I'm speculating but I think the school only invites Q1 and maybe Q2 Casper interviewees to check if they're sociopaths. I'm Q1 myself so there is that. 🥲

I got a student interview but wonder why not everyone gets one. I'm speculating but I think the school only invites Q1 and maybe Q2 Casper interviewees to check if they're sociopaths. I'm Q1 myself so there is that. 🥲
Q4 but invited. Can prove that's probably not true.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I was Q3 last year when I interviewed and I had a student interview.

It’s probably random, and I remember reading that it’s a newer implementation that they’re piloting. They’ll likely integrate it throughout in the future

Members don't see this ad :)
😅 I interviewed 10/11, gaslighting myself that this isn’t a bad sign lol
keep you head up buddy!! you never know until you see it (also honestly no one knows how the acceptance process goes in the admissions office). it can mean they simply haven't sent out the email, or even waiting to see if someone declines the offer and the next one in line might be you!!

A!!! My first one omgggg!!! :) Interviewed 10/11 Congrats to those who got the A as well and good luck to the ones still waiting!

• Love
Quick question for anyone that has interviewed! I have one this upcoming week and the email communication is kinda unclear. Is the post interview info session a different zoom link or will it be that same "start interview" button in the portal? From my understanding we would get a separate zoom link for it but I still haven't gotten it and my interview is a few days away.

Quick question for anyone that has interviewed! I have one this upcoming week and the email communication is kinda unclear. Is the post interview info session a different zoom link or will it be that same "start interview" button in the portal? From my understanding we would get a separate zoom link for it but I still haven't gotten it and my interview is a few days away.
It is a separate zoom link for the info sessions. It looks like I got mine on 10/27 and I interviewed 11/1. It is not the start interview thing in the portal. I'm sure it will come though! Don't worry. Maybe just plan to email the morning of the day before if still no link

II just now. Completed on 7/15/22 and marked as complete on 10/20/22. OOS, no ties, but I scribed for St. Ignatius for a year.
Interviews date offered: December 5, 6, 12, and 13.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just now. Completed on 7/15/22 and marked as complete on 10/20/22. OOS, no ties, but I scribed for St. Ignatius for a year.
Thiccy you never fail to amaze us!

• Love
  • Wow
How the heck do you have 18 interview invites??

Interview invitation received 11/21, secondary finished 9/23. I am out of state and have no ties to the region other than doing college at WashU. I applied for the MD-PhD but am unsure if my interview invitation is for that or the MD; the email I received does not indicate anything.

Err, are you sure? Maybe you haven't read carefully the mail...
I went on the MD-PhD site to sanity check and it is indeed just an MD-only invitation. The MD-PhD interview is a three-day ordeal in-person in January and my email invited me to self-schedule for virtual interview spots in December and January. I also only have one interviewer who is an MD in the SSM Health system as opposed to the 5-6 PhD + MD-PhD faculty typical of a full MD-PhD interview day.

With this in mind, I will withdraw myself from consideration prior to the interview if I receive an acceptance from any of the MD-PhD programs I have interviewed at so far and if SLU does not follow up with an MD-PhD interview invitation.

Just withdrew my application. Nothing wrong with the program or school. I just do not see myself attending SLU when I have options that are closer to home and cheaper. I do not want to take up an interview slot from anyone if I wouldn't attend.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
I went on the MD-PhD site to sanity check and it is indeed just an MD-only invitation. The MD-PhD interview is a three-day ordeal in-person in January and my email invited me to self-schedule for virtual interview spots in December and January. I also only have one interviewer who is an MD in the SSM Health system as opposed to the 5-6 PhD + MD-PhD faculty typical of a full MD-PhD interview day.

With this in mind, I will withdraw myself from consideration prior to the interview if I receive an acceptance from any of the MD-PhD programs I have interviewed at so far and if SLU does not follow up with an MD-PhD interview invitation.
Update: I received an MD-PhD interview invitation from Dr. Jain just now. Bless! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyone know if the 11am info session is mandatory? I might be busy at that time and I don't know if not attending will damage my chances at SLU significantly.

Anyone know if the 11am info session is mandatory? I might be busy at that time and I don't know if not attending will damage my chances at SLU significantly.
The email isn’t very clear on that, but it states “Please plan to take advantage of these opportunities”, so I would think so. You can try to email them to confirm that and see what you can do if you cannot make it.

Has anyone who interviewed 10/24-10/25 heard anything back? It’s hitting that 5 week mark and I’m anxiously awaiting 😅

II just now! Complete 6/27, ORM, LM 74, OOS no ties! Does anyone know how far in advance they let you know if you're in the morning or afternoon session? The only two days they interview are the only days I work lol

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! Complete 6/27, ORM, LM 74, OOS no ties! Does anyone know how far in advance they let you know if you're in the morning or afternoon session? The only two days they interview are the only days I work lol
I got my interviewer and time a couple days after I picked my interview date!

Another data point, but I got my MD interviewer the day I scheduled mine. I think the turnaround is short either way

Pre-II R earlier today. Complete 7/4. Still a long way to go in this process. Best of luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else who interviewed 10/17-10/18 still waiting for a decision? Is this a silent R?

Anyone else who interviewed 10/17-10/18 still waiting for a decision? Is this a silent R?
I interviewed at the start of November, but it seems like they send out decisions in later half of the week, and its probably gonna take a bit longer cause of thanksgiving holiday as well

Pre-II R today. LM 73 IS. Damn I really love SLU as a St. Louis native. They've never given me love at undergrad or grad level, sad man. Lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R today. LM 73 IS. Damn I really love SLU as a St. Louis native. They've never given me love at undergrad or grad level, sad man. Lol
I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m certain you’ll have success elsewhere!! When were you complete?

I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m certain you’ll have success elsewhere!! When were you complete?
middle of august (around the 15th, might be 14 or 16). Hope that helps. Thanks.

• Care