2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview in about an hour! I'll post my questions to the administration here and also my general impressions about the presentation and dean. I'm really excited! I love you all! <3
Good luck! You'll do great!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interview in about an hour! I'll post my questions to the administration here and also my general impressions about the presentation and dean. I'm really excited! I love you all! <3
Good luck, you're gonna kill it!

• Wow
My interviews went well!
Student: Laid back and relaxed. What was your biggest accomplishment? Why do you want to go to a school in Connecticut and not Texas? What are you most proud of? Tell me about X activity? Why did you do this? When you get accepted, how will you adjust to living in Connecticut?

Faculty: Old School MD from the 90s: Nice, but firm and had questions and questioned my motives for medicine. Why Netter? Why Medicine? What if you don't get into this cycle? Do you want to be a professor? Do you want to shadow me when you get here?
Why haven't you shadowed anyone aside from this doctor on your application? What would you say is the biggest weakness in your application? What are you most proud of? What do you do in your free time? If you had to choose between UT Southwestern and Quinnipiac, who would you pick (didn't get the II for UTSW yet, so this was kinda easy).
What are some of the issues in US Medicine that you see and what is your role as a physician to help combat that? How will you adjust to being a medical student? You'll be far from your family, so how will you adjust to not having your family next to you?
What is your biggest regret in life? How would your friends describe you as? Do you have any friends? Where did you meet them? I noticed that your application had experiences that aren't really meant for a med school application. You have honors and awards that are common to all med school applicants. What makes you different, and how will you contribute to Netter?

Aside from the MD interviewer, everything was chill. He was honestly a nice guy! He seemed genuinely invested in me and wanted to screen me to make sure I was a human and was genuine in my experiences. I value that from him!!

Also: Quinnipiac interviewers are blind; sees only secondary and primary statement. Sees some activities--> blind to MCAT, grades, school attended, LORs, or GPA.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviews went well!
Student: Laid back and relaxed. What was your biggest accomplishment? Why do you want to go to a school in Connecticut and not Texas? What are you most proud of? Tell me about X activity? Why did you do this? When you get accepted, how will you adjust to living in Connecticut?

Faculty: Old School MD from the 90s: Nice, but firm and had questions and questioned my motives for medicine. Why Netter? Why Medicine? What if you don't get into this cycle? Do you want to be a professor? Do you want to shadow me when you get here?
Why haven't you shadowed anyone aside from this doctor on your application? What would you say is the biggest weakness in your application? What are you most proud of? What do you do in your free time? If you had to choose between UT Southwestern and Quinnipiac, who would you pick (didn't get the II for UTSW yet, so this was kinda easy).
What are some of the issues in US Medicine that you see and what is your role as a physician to help combat that? How will you adjust to being a medical student? You'll be far from your family, so how will you adjust to not having your family next to you?
What is your biggest regret in life? How would your friends describe you as? Do you have any friends? Where did you meet them? I noticed that your application had experiences that aren't really meant for a med school application. You have honors and awards that are common to all med school applicants. What makes you different, and how will you contribute to Netter?

Aside from the MD interviewer, everything was chill. He was honestly a nice guy! He seemed genuinely invested in me and wanted to screen me to make sure I was a human and was genuine in my experiences. I value that from him!!

Also: Quinnipiac interviewers are blind; sees only secondary and primary statement. Sees some activities--> blind to MCAT, grades, school attended, LORs, or GPA.

The shadowing question seems harsh especially considering how hard shadowing is to get and the fact that covid took nearly 2 years away from us

Reactions: 3 users
The shadowing question seems harsh especially considering how hard shadowing is to get and the fact that covid took nearly 2 years away from us
And mind you, the interviews are capped at 25 minutes. I basically said I shadowed what I could and shadowed the doctor I work for because it was easy for me to get experience and also get money to help pay for my mom's bills.

And mind you, the interviews are capped at 25 minutes. I basically said I shadowed what I could and shadowed the doctor I work for because it was easy for me to get experience and also get money to help pay for my mom's bills.

I hope that type of interviewer isn’t the norm as far as faculty interview go…

I hope that type of interviewer isn’t the norm as far as faculty interview go…
Not at all. He was really intense and he ended the interview with this: “I was harder on you because I wanted to see why the school gave you an interview amongst Brown and Pennsylvania students.”

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
My interviews went well!

"Do you have any friends" lmao

"Do you have any friends" lmao
0BA00C10-A8A3-481A-ABA4-43D861FF340A.jpeg

My dumb self stared at the camera for a good five seconds and said, “I sure hope so.”

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
My interviews went well!

Tysm for the help, what vibes did u get from the rest of the interview day?

Tysm for the help, what vibes did u get from the rest of the interview day?
Honestly just standard info on the school and didn’t feel very homey. Just standard school. The other interviewed students were nice, though they didn’t speak much. Maybe they were nervous? The student panel was okay. They emphasized that the student body is collaborative and the administration is kind. The dean of diversity and inclusion was proud of us being there and seemed the most genuine.

Reactions: 1 user
My interviews went well!

Wow the faculty interview sounds so ****ing stressful! Thank you for sharing all of this! How would you rank QU, if you got the A would you want to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow the faculty interview sounds so ****ing stressful! Thank you for sharing all of this! How would you rank QU, if you got the A would you want to go?
I was really set out for Quinni to be a top choice, but the students really stressed the downside of not having a central teaching hospital. They have to drive a lot and they don't appreciate this. Also, no real main location to do research and they think this impedes them from having a competitive residency. Quinnipiac, hence, is now a back up school for me in terms of schools I've interviewed to. For instance, I would pick Pitt above Quinnipiac, but I would place Quinnipiac above Lubbock or Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Reactions: 5 users
Slightly related: I just interviewed for Geisinger Commonwealth in PA. I would say that Quinnipiac’s values align with Geisinger, though Geisinger is more established and has teaching hospitals so you don’t have to drive that far. They have a program similar to MeSH and have you working with physicians within the second semester. In addition to this, they have the Abigail scholars program, which guides you to being a primary care provider and allowing you to go to med school for free for four years. However, you promise to be a primary care physician for Geisinger for four years as debt repayment.
I mention this to anyone who values a school that teaches humanistic medicine or wants to be a primary care provider but wants a more established school and opportunities for research (Geisinger has a stronger research capability if you want that).
Hopefully, current or future applicants will take this in consideration when picking schools.

Honestly just standard info on the school and didn’t feel very homey. Just standard school. The other interviewed students were nice, though they didn’t speak much. Maybe they were nervous? The student panel was okay. They emphasized that the student body is collaborative and the administration is kind. The dean of diversity and inclusion was proud of us being there and seemed the most genuine.
Also forgot to ask, did they tell you anything about the post II acceptance rate?

hey y'all, how long did it take your LOR's to upload to the portal? I submitted my secondary yesterday and sent my LOR's on AMCAS but my status is still incomplete.

Hey guys! Figured I'd pop in here and see if you guys had any questions about the school! I am an M1 right now so I won't have a lot of answers regarding rotations and things like that but if you guys have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them! :)

Hey guys! Figured I'd pop in here and see if you guys had any questions about the school! I am an M1 right now so I won't have a lot of answers regarding rotations and things like that but if you guys have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them! :)
Any tips for interviewing, and how would you rate MeSH so far?

Any tips for interviewing, and how would you rate MeSH so far?
I am starting MeSH in October (I am excited because I like the concept of getting hands on patient experience, like I will be the person seeing the patient, taking the history, etc so I think that is cool). My site is about 30 minutes from me (I don't love that but it is what it is). One bonus of not having an owned hospital is that when we do get to rotate, we won't be sharing the experience with residents so we will get to do more things hands on than if residents were there and needed to be taught.

As far as interviewing goes, I would really just be yourself because most of the questions were very much about you and why you would be a good fit for the school. I think you can either have two faculty one-on-one interviews or one faculty one-on-one and one student one-on-one. Everyone is super nice from my experience. Definitely some of the most supportive and pleasant faculty I've ever worked with. You'll do great on the interview!

Reactions: 3 users
What is the vibe on research?

You are awesome! What are your favorite things about the program/school? Maybe top 3?

What is the vibe on research?
I don't foresee having any issues finding research because we are required to a capstone project and so I think when you want to find research, you probably can. Also, there is a Yale lottery where 10 students will get to do research with Yale medical school which I think is pretty cool! We have a lot of professors who are PhD's so I'm guessing there will be research opportunities but I haven't really started looking yet! But we have Yale and UConn really close so I really think you'll be able to find research!

You are awesome! What are your favorite things about the program/school? Maybe top 3?
Definitely the faculty. I've never been to a more supportive school. They do reviews each week of the previous week with practice questions to make sure you are up to date with the information. They reach out to us every so often to see how we are doing. It's an overall extremely comforting environment. The professors have an open door policy to help you whenever you need it and that's really important in a medical school.

I also like that we don't have a lot of exams. We have 6 week blocks and a formative exam (midterm) at the 3 week mark which is not counting towards your final grade. Then we have a block exam at the end of the 6 weeks which is the only exam that matters. You just need a 60% to pass.

Also, the school is very impressive for a newer school, their pass rates are great and they match really well which is definitely a bonus!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I am starting MeSH in October (I am excited because I like the concept of getting hands on patient experience, like I will be the person seeing the patient, taking the history, etc so I think that is cool). My site is about 30 minutes from me (I don't love that but it is what it is). One bonus of not having an owned hospital is that when we do get to rotate, we won't be sharing the experience with residents so we will get to do more things hands on than if residents were there and needed to be taught.

As far as interviewing goes, I would really just be yourself because most of the questions were very much about you and why you would be a good fit for the school. I think you can either have two faculty one-on-one interviews or one faculty one-on-one and one student one-on-one. Everyone is super nice from my experience. Definitely some of the most supportive and pleasant faculty I've ever worked with. You'll do great on the interview!
Thank you for being so helpful! For the MeSH, are you at the same site for 2 years? And how do you choose your placement or specialty or is it all primary care?

Thank you for being so helpful! For the MeSH, are you at the same site for 2 years? And how do you choose your placement or specialty or is it all primary care?
A student answered this during my interview: you do your MeSH with a preceptor for one year, then the school assigns you to another preceptor the next year. As for the other portion of your question, I don't know.

how did the interview go?!

• Hmm
how did the interview go?!
The student was a sweet heart but the faculty grilled me for lack of shadowing, research, and not having enough awards as compared to the other applicants that day (Pennsylvania and Brown students). However, this type of interviewer and atmosphere is not standard for Quinnipiac. From what I've heard, the interviewers are sweet hearts (IDK what was up with this dude). See my post for more information.

Just interviewed with a great group of candidates! great experience, definitely didn't get grilled as much as Thiccy during the faculty interview :oops:

Reactions: 6 users
We get one placement first year and then a different placement second year! Most are primary care (internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics) although there are other options but those aren’t numerous. For example, my classmate got hem/onc and another one got cardiology!

Hey I'm interviewing Monday--just curious, how did you prepare, if at all?
I haven't interviewed at Quinnipiac specifically, but I just had my first interview this past week and can provide some pointers!

How I prepared was I read over about the school (its curriculum, characteristics that make it unique, location, what specific initiatives/programs they have available for students, what they teach best) and bullet-pointed everything down on an index card. Then I looked over my app in full, just refreshing myself of my experiences and how I phrased them, and if I possibly wanted to phrase them differently during the interview. Finally, practicing answering questions is super important. Whether you do it alone, or maybe have a friend or family member read off some "most commonly asked medical school questions" examples, practicing what you want to say so you can provide a coherent answer is important. I actually was asked a couple of the questions I practiced during my actual interview!

If you would like to discuss any bit more, feel free to message me :)

does interviewing early matter at Netter? and does anyone know when decisions could come out for September interviews?

does interviewing early matter at Netter? and does anyone know when decisions could come out for September interviews?
Based on previous threads, it looks like most of their post-II R's/waitlists come from later interviews (i.e. in the spring)

II now, submitted 7/28. Interviews dates still available in September and early October.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
I interviewed today; it was a phenomenal experience. Everyone was kind and welcoming. It is a newer school but one I am considering after today's interview day.

• Love
OOS II went to my spam. Complete 07/29 and 73 LM 75 WARS

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II on 9/23 Complete 8/2 LM 72

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
II, complete 7/20. OOS but strong ties to the university. LM ~72.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users