2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I could be totally wrong but if everything's due March 1st, I doubt they would give out awards before like mid/late March.
ah thank you so much for clarifying! i turned in my fafsa a while back so i didn’t check the due date

Members don't see this ad.

WL, and withdrawing my place. Hope it makes the chances just a bit higher for everyone else <3

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
A earlier today :)

Congrats to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
love how we have yet to get an email notifying us about the portal status update

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today! OOS! I'm thrilled
does anyone know if we have to "accept" the admission? does that information come in the email later today?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today! OOS! I'm thrilled
does anyone know if we have to "accept" the admission? does that information come in the email later today?
It's interesting that there isn't an "accept offer" link yet. Maybe that comes later today or next week. Kinda freaking me out though

It's interesting that there isn't an "accept offer" link yet. Maybe that comes later today or next week. Kinda freaking me out though
also wondering when we’ll be prompted to accept. anyone know how long it takes to get the letter in the mail?

Last edited:
Hi waitlisted applicants at UPSOM,

As an addendum to my update from earlier this morning, please know that your placement on the UPSOM waitlist will not impact your PSTP decision. We rank applicants without reference to initial UPSOM acceptance or WL outcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi waitlisted applicants at UPSOM,

As an addendum to my update from earlier this morning, please know that your placement on the UPSOM waitlist will not impact your PSTP decision. We rank applicants without reference to initial UPSOM acceptance or WL outcome.
So PSTP decisions, both in terms of an invitation to interview and the result, are independent of the decision process for the regular MD pathway?

crying and throwing up, accepted!!! genuinely do not believe my eyes, waiting for the email so it feels real
okay but actually where is my email because I am not telling a soul about this until I get one lmao

When I received my acceptance last year, I received a hard-copy acceptance letter in the mail but no acceptance email. My first email from UPSOM was for financial aid

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when we should submit LOIs? Some schools say not to submit anything until April/May when they actually have Waitlist movements but it seems from previous years that Pitt has waitlist movement as early as February/March.

Those who got accepted, is there a deposit required to reserve/hold the seat ? Thank you

@cheerios5450: For now, please refer to the "Overview Calendar" for the Class of 2027: Academic Calendars | Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine | University of Pittsburgh. For my class, our mandatory orientation week started 1 week prior to the official "First Day of Class" listed, so please take that calendar with a grain of salt. I did not receive an email with the White Coat Ceremony and orientation week dates until late May

@senecca: Last year, there was an admission data form on AmpUp (our application website) that we were required to complete within 2 weeks of acceptance to hold the seat. That admission data form was used to enter student information into the University of Pittsburgh database, and it is non-binding (so you can choose to go to another school later if you prefer). There was no monetary deposit required, and this was confirmed by a document we received in the mail with our acceptance latter

Please feel free to contact the admissions office directly if you have any further concerns about this! I can only speak from my own experience

Last edited:
Will Smith 90S Tv GIF
WL after all of that. Been pretty torn up since I have been a Pittsburgher for as long as I have been and I've loved my research / volunteer experiences with UPMC / Pitt Med. Felt better today though. Chin up WL peeps, it's not over till it's over

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users
also wondering when we’ll be prompted to accept. anyone know how long it takes to get the letter in the mail?
sorry to repost but anyone have insight on how long it takes to get the letter and email? i’m OOS btw

I just called Admissions. They are mailing out admission packets today. She told me there is a form on the admissions page that asks for social, gender, birthday... That's how we hold our spot. No deposit necessary!

I just called Admissions. They are mailing out admission packets today. She told me there is a form on the admissions page that asks for social, gender, birthday... That's how we hold our spot. No deposit necessary!
thank you for calling admissions that is great news :)

as in a form in the admissons portal?

Admissions office said the adcom won’t revisit the waitlist until the end of March

Reactions: 4 users
PCAT II a few minutes ago via email

Pretty late, but post-II OOS R here. I was pretty hyped about this school and even had a faculty member send a supporting letter to strengthen my candidacy (although it was submitted just several days prior to the decision release). Very bummed to not get a WL at least (not that they owe it to me, but it sucks anyways you know). I also see very few post-II R posts so I write this to emphasize that you are not alone and definitely not a failure, it's just crazy competitive. S/o to the waitlisted people and good luck on securing a spot to this cool school!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Anybody else waitlisted but it's not showing up as "alternate list" in the choose your medical school tool?

Anybody else waitlisted but it's not showing up as "alternate list" in the choose your medical school tool?
I'm accepted but not showing up on CYMS. I'm an MSTP applicant so I got the A back in October and have been in communication with the program plenty since, so it seems like they just haven't seen any of the info to AMCAS yet.

I was accepted Friday and have not yet had Pitt populate as a choice.

Fellow WLers. Chill. Schools take some time before they can report things to AAMC and AAMC takes time before they publish it on CYMS. Another school I’m WLed posted my WL on AAMC 13 days later than when they told me of my status. Relax.

It is showing up for me today in Choose Your Medical School

It is showing up for me today in Choose Your Medical School
for me as well. if i were to make a selection would other schools that i have/will interview at be able to see that or not until the commit to enroll option becomes available?