2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any new A movement from the hold swimming pool?

or the MD/PhD applicants? Do you hear in Feb?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got the A this evening!!! Cannot believe it! Interviewed 12/7 OOS!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone remember the dates for the Feb, Mar, or April second look days? I am trying to budget plane tickets

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember the dates for the Feb, Mar, or April second look days? I am trying to budget plane tickets
Congratulations on your acceptance! Currently scheduled first look days are on 2/10 and 3/10 and the current hope is to have more tours in April and May, although signups may not be open for them yet. You should receive an email in the near future with more information on these tour days, but if you need information sooner for planning purposes I would recommend reaching out to the school. They are all very kind and excited to get everyone the opportunity to see the school :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on your acceptance! Currently scheduled first look days are on 2/10 and 3/10 and the current hope is to have more tours in April and May, although signups may not be open for them yet. You should receive an email in the near future with more information on these tour days, but if you need information sooner for planning purposes I would recommend reaching out to the school. They are all very kind and excited to get everyone the opportunity to see the school :)
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know the usual turnaround time post-interview for MD/Ph.D. applicants?

Been on hold since 12/9, anyone gotten an acceptance after being placed on hold?
At the interview day, they told us a large chunk of interviewees get put in the hold pool. You can come out of the hold pool at any time, with a definitive answer of 'accept', 'waitlist', or 'reject' towards the end of April. I know the waiting sucks, but OHSU does put plenty of applicants on hold that eventually get accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't even gotten an II (guess OHSU thinks I'm not even within the top half of IS applicants 🥲) but I've always wondered what their strategy is in releasing their acceptances so close to the PTE deadline. Like if people have other acceptances are they expecting them to choose between OHSU and the other school(s) the same day??
same here. Last cycle I interviewed in October. Understood that I would be in a different pool as a reapp, but figured my application was ultimately stronger this year. Almost February now, not much hope left that it's gonna happen for me at OHSU.

I haven't even gotten an II (guess OHSU thinks I'm not even within the top half of IS applicants 🥲) but I've always wondered what their strategy is in releasing their acceptances so close to the PTE deadline. Like if people have other acceptances are they expecting them to choose between OHSU and the other school(s) the same day??
I think the reasoning is multi-pronged, but at its core they are in a position where they don't need to rush. They are in the drivers seat; they are the only in state MD option for all Oregon applicants (and as such are pretty much everyone's cheapest option). Even if an in state student was admitted late in the cycle, there is still a decent chance they would choose OHSU over an out of state institution due to cost alone. They may lose some out of state students by waiting on admissions decisions, but attracting an out of state student is a tough sell anyways given the high COA for them. So given that, I think they have built an admissions system that takes its time. Which, while frustrating to applicants, I would wager is probably a better working environment for the folks on the admissions team.

Hi guys! Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group I could join? Wasn't sure if one was set up yet? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Depends when you were admitted. They sent information on January 9th and again January 25th to everyone who had been admitted as of those dates
I was accepted 1/27/23 so that's probably why I haven't received it, I take it they send it out in batches?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS pre-II R. Complete 9/20
When you have no II yet and they start handing out pre-II R

1675464420157.png

Reactions: 9 users
For those on hold, did you get an email saying that or was it just on the portal?

Is there a way to see OHSU 2022 match data (not the percentages per specialty, but the exact schools students match at)

Last edited:
Thank you! Yeah couldn’t find 2022 either
it seems like they stopped posting specific data in 2019, everything before then is super detailed but everything after is basically just percentages :/ idk if you're accepted yet but maybe they could provide specific info if you email them!

it seems like they stopped posting specific data in 2019, everything before then is super detailed but everything after is basically just percentages :/ idk if you're accepted yet but maybe they could provide specific info if you email them!
That’s a good idea, I’ll reach out to them and if they send me one, I’ll post it here.

For current students and accepted applicants: do you know if OHSU send us a mailed acceptance letter or merch/swag with the OHSU logo? I know some other med schools that do this and was wondering if OHSU does as well. Obviously it doesn’t really matter either way, but I think it would be cool to receive something in the mail.

For current students and accepted applicants: do you know if OHSU send us a mailed acceptance letter or merch/swag with the OHSU logo? I know some other med schools that do this and was wondering if OHSU does as well. Obviously it doesn’t really matter either way, but I think it would be cool to receive something in the mail.
I was accepted back in November and personally haven't seen anything like that...

I assume that if they do send any swag it wouldn't be until after the commit to enroll date so that they only have to send it to the students actually enrolling rather than anyone accepted. For a mailed acceptance letter, I don't think so as I think the original acceptance email said you'll receive the formal acceptance letter via email.

Hi all! I also received a Pre-II R (OOS) on my portal only on 2/3. No email was received.

What does it look like in your portal? I’m OOS as well and mine just says “File Complete 11/28”. The portal confuses me a bit haha
Same- but 9/19.

I suppose it’s the time for “By February, the committee will evaluate Non Mission-Based applicants for interview eligibility.”

IS pre-II rejection received just now

• Care
Sweating bullets as an IS applicant with no II yet haha it's fine 🥲
Like OHSU please I fit three of your mission groups (four if you count the "high stats" one even though I'm IS) did I not even make it into the top half of your IS applicants this year
same here as well LOLOL

• Sad
I was previously interviewed last year and have yet to get an II or pre-II R. Looking at last year's thread, it was all pretty much pre-II R's from here on out (no II in february on the thread at least). In the 2020-21 cycle, ppl had IIs all the way through early march but I assume that has changed since. I hope this answers some questions, for me I think my luck has run out with OHSU :(

I’m halfway thru M1 and haven’t received any free swag yet😢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'm currently 10+ weeks post interview and haven't heard anything at all. Should I consider sending them an email asking for an update?

It seems like they’ve started sending out a bunch of pre-II R’s, but has anyone put on hold had any type of status update? April 30th feels so far away 😩

Pre II R today, maybe I'll see you in residency OHSU :cryi:

• Care
It seems like they’ve started sending out a bunch of pre-II R’s, but has anyone put on hold had any type of status update? April 30th feels so far away 😩
None for me. Worse is beyond April 30 when you wait for the Waitlist that will be brutal

I'm currently 10+ weeks post interview and haven't heard anything at all. Should I consider sending them an email asking for an update?
It took 18 weeks for a hold to populate on my account after the week of interview. I emailed them at one point and didn’t get a response but I wouldn’t say it’d hurt to try.

It took 18 weeks for a hold to populate on my account after the week of interview. I emailed them at one point and didn’t get a response but I wouldn’t say it’d hurt to try.
They won’t be able to give you any more information. It sucks but they’re just waiting until your one on one interviewer goes to the committee meeting. Completely random when it happens. The people operating the email aren’t privy to the schedule.

I tried asking for an update my year too, didn’t go anywhere. I didn’t get a hold for like 4 months, October interview and February hold

They won’t be able to give you any more information. It sucks but they’re just waiting until your one on one interviewer goes to the committee meeting. Completely random when it happens. The people operating the email aren’t privy to the schedule.

I tried asking for an update my year too, didn’t go anywhere. I didn’t get a hold for like 4 months, October interview and February hold
Thanks, it’s not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the insight.

OOS II received yesterday. LM 71 and complete in early August

Reactions: 2 users
This just in boys, i'm out of the running IS Pre-II R 😔✊

• Care
Granted I don't know the rest of your app but I feel like OHSU yield-protects
Which is frustrating like OHSU I have no acceptances you have ZERO competition as of rn please
I don't think that they yield protect. I have 3.9/523/4Q and got the A a few weeks ago. Its just competitive and apps are more than stats.

How many pre-II has this school sent out so far?