2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I most definitely been skipped over unfortunately…

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what location/ campus are the in-person interviews at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current M1, feel free to ask any questions. We'll have 3 exams under our belts by this Friday, so I can give a bit of a perspective.

Good luck to everyone :)

Current M1, feel free to ask any questions. We'll have 3 exams under our belts by this Friday, so I can give a bit of a perspective.

Good luck to everyone :)
Do you happen to know the avg MCAT score of your class?

got the call 8/3 but havent heard anything yet :( trying not to feel discouraged

You have a choice of in-person (DAVIE) or Virtual. In-person interviews had more openings than the virtual option.
The interview is with 2 faculty members.

does anyone know if you have no preference, what's the safest campus to put to increase odds of an interview? I'm not sure which campus is less competitive lol

hey all, correct me if i am wrong but when you interview are you interviewing for a specific campus or all of them??

Incorrect. You interview for both and make a final decision after acceptance.

you are accepted to the one you put as your preference but you can fill out a sheet to switch once you are accepted if it is not too late in the cycle

Has anyone who interviewed on 8/25 heard back yet or know when we should expect to?

They told us that ADCOM is meeting on September 20th, and we would know (email) within a few days afterward.

They told us that ADCOM is meeting on September 20th, and we would know (email) within a few days afterward.
Thank you! Any chance you know the typical OOS post II acceptance? I think it went well but still so nervous!

Same as In-State. If you happen to get an "A" they will send you the form to pick the campus. That's what I heard (I hope I didn't misunderstand). How are your stats (MCAT/GPA)? Interestingly, Although NSU is a private school, they have different tuition rates for oos. So they make more $$ from OOS. Why would they prefer IS?

They accept only 3.9% of the applicants. They have a file score and an interview score. Keep your hopes up. Let's hope we get in!

Last edited:
I heard that September 22nd is when the first set of emails goes out.

Please look at the spreadsheet I posted on page 4. Looks like 60% of IIs get the "A". Hopefully, I am not reading it wrong.
Close to 470 are offered "A". This means about 50% of those who get "A" here go elsewhere. Expect a lot of waitlist movement here.

Last edited:
Just got a call my app complete. Love the call, such a sweet touch! Submitted my app like 2 days ago so that was so quick

Do you think there is an advantage to doing an in-person interview vs a virtual one? I am afraid of a slight bias even though they try not to. I just received a II with both options

Traditional . 2 faculty members , Open file for 25 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey y’all. I haven’t submitted my secondary to NOVA yet but I was talking to one of my friends that is at the DO program there and realized that I would rather be at the Ft. Lauderdale campus instead of the Tampa. I chose the Tampa campus on the primary app and am not sure how to change it. Also would it be a negative mark on my application if I changed the campus selection.

I am confused if I have to report a ticket on the secondary. I got a ticket for a minor traffic offense and I pled no contest and entered deferred disposition (adjudication) where I had to do a defensive driving course and finally got my case dismissed.

This is what the secondary asks for:

Have you ever been:
•convicted of a criminal offense in any city, state or country, other than minor traffic offense;
•entered into a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest) to a criminal offense;
•had adjudication of guilt withheld for a criminal offense;
•participated in a first-offender or pre-trial diversion program, or its equivalent; or
•committed any criminal offense where the records have been expunged?

please let me know? - neurotic Pre-Med

Hey y’all. I haven’t submitted my secondary to NOVA yet but I was talking to one of my friends that is at the DO program there and realized that I would rather be at the Ft. Lauderdale campus instead of the Tampa. I chose the Tampa campus on the primary app and am not sure how to change it. Also would it be a negative mark on my application if I changed the campus selection.
When you get the "A," you will get a form where you give your campus pref.