2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who else just got that "NSU MD Pre-Vue Day" email....Playing w my heart
Same! Was really hoping for a decision email instead haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
same, but i low key cant believe that ccd all the interviewers so we can see everyone who basically interviewed

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
is it normal for schools to invite you to their campus when you havent even been accepted? lol

Reactions: 1 users
I am interviewing tomorrow... does anyone have any tips at all? I am sure you have to sign an NDA, but maybe just tips on how to prepare/what resources have been helpful. Please don't tell me any confidential info of course!! Any help would be SO appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
Literally my heart dropped for a second and then I realized it was sent to 170 people

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I am interviewing tomorrow... does anyone have any tips at all? I am sure you have to sign an NDA, but maybe just tips on how to prepare/what resources have been helpful. Please don't tell me any confidential info of course!! Any help would be SO appreciated.
Go on premed reddit and look up "PBL interview tips" some people had some good advice in the comments that I wish I would have seen before my interviews

Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?
No idea but their website says 3-4 weeks, and at the interview day they said that we will likely go to commitee within the week after our interview. So I wonder when they will release decisions b/c for me its been 3 weeks now

Go on premed reddit and look up "PBL interview tips" some people had some good advice in the comments that I wish I would have seen before my interviews

Thank you! Are you referring to the tips that people said like “make sure to not talk too much or too little” and stuff like that? Any tips you can give by any chance? Thanks for the reply.

Thank you! Are you referring to the tips that people said like “make sure to not talk too much or too little” and stuff like that? Any tips you can give by any chance? Thanks for the reply.
Yes exactly those. I would just say that person on reddit covered the most important things that I wish I would have known before. Also don’t be afraid to ask clarifying questions before you start the PBL activity

Yes exactly those. I would just say that person on reddit covered the most important things that I wish I would have known before. Also don’t be afraid to ask clarifying questions before you start the PBL activity

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone with FAP figure out if the school marked your app as complete or?

Did anyone interviewing today get the Zoom link? I only got the confirmation email and not the Zoom link itself :(

YES ME TOO??? WHAT DO WE DO

Relieved that I'm not the only one stressing out!!! I emailed both Ms. Plunkett and the Nova MD admission email, and called Ms. Plunkett's number (had to leave a voicemail), all with no response atm. Maybe they'll see if no one shows up that they'll send the link then :oops:

Relieved that I'm not the only one stressing out!!! I emailed both Ms. Plunkett and the Nova MD admission email, and called Ms. Plunkett's number (had to leave a voicemail), all with no response atm. Maybe they'll see if no one shows up that they'll send the link then :oops:

Oh gosh. I’ll send you a message

It is past the check-in time for today's interview, and the Zoom link still hasn't been sent out yet... did anyone else have this issue in earlier interviews?

for those who had the unfortunate interview today, would you mind telling me or [mention]jessef55 [/mention] if you get an email to reschedule? We’ve been having issues with email correspondence despite getting that confirmation email

for those who had the unfortunate interview today, would you mind telling me or [mention]jessef55 [/mention] if you get an email to reschedule? We’ve been having issues with email correspondence despite getting that confirmation email
Can you gusy explain what happened? Did you get to attend the interview?

@sleepingpupperL i can post here if i hear anything about rescheduling

@ordinarywindsurfer a fire alarm basically went off at their site and the interview abruptly ended and they said they would have to reschedule. FML

"Good afternoon, candidates,
On behalf of the NSU MD Admissions team, we want to extend an immense apology for any inconvenience caused today. We would like to report that everyone is safe, and the building has been cleared by the fire department. In addition, your performance will not be impacted by this event. We will continue to communicate with you via email and will notify you as soon as we are able to identify a new date and time.
We are here to respond any other questions you might have, please feel free to contact us.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!
Barbie"

Do most people get accepted post II? Or waitlisted and then accepted off the waitlist?

Do most people get accepted post II? Or waitlisted and then accepted off the waitlist?
They have a class size of about 50, on my interview day the admissions staff was very candid and told us most of us will be waitlisted as they have such a small class size
It is clear they have interviewed at least 300 students at this point based on the PreVue emails they have sent.

This is what AAMC says about WL movement https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download

Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
150-200 on waitlist
75 admitted from Waitlist
candidates are tiered by the admissions committee.
Candidates are selected from the waitlist based upon their tier and overall composition of the class

They have a class size of about 50, on my interview day the admissions staff was very candid and told us most of us will be waitlisted as they have such a small class size
It is clear they have interviewed at least 300 students at this point based on the PreVue emails they have sent.

This is what AAMC says about WL movement https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download

Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
150-200 on waitlist
75 admitted from Waitlist
candidates are tiered by the admissions committee.
Candidates are selected from the waitlist based upon their tier and overall composition of the class
Thank you for sharing this info! One question: how can 75 be admitted from the waitlist for a class size of 50?

For those that were at the interview that got cancelled, have you received an email to reschedule yet? Just wanting to make sure because I wasn't receiving emails from them for some weird reason. Any help would be appreciated!

GOT THE A (my first one)!!!! 9/23, ORM, OOS, LM 71

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got a phone call from someone over there about 2 weeks after I submitted my secondary letting me know it was complete and in review. So maybe they do phone calls in lieu of emails?
I submitted my secondary but have not gotten a call, has the school been hard to contact for you too? They are not responding to emails either. The number on the website doesn't work. Which number did you use to speak with them?

Got an interview invite yesterday!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! OOS, complete 7/1/22. 3.83 GPA, 512 MCAT :) so excited!!!
How did you contact them, and through what number? The number rings out on their website, and they don't respond to my mass of emails sent lol. I submitted my secondary a while ago but haven't received confirmation. What do you think I should do?!!

I don't know what else to do, they haven't responded back to my secondary submission that it has been received 😰. They aren't responding to their emails or phone calls either. How have you gotten in contact with them? Where can I find Ms. Plunkett's email?? PLEAASEE

I don't know what else to do, they haven't responded back to my secondary submission that it has been received . They aren't responding to their emails or phone calls either. How have you gotten in contact with them? Where can I find Ms. Plunkett's email?? PLEAASEE

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it. I submitted super early, and I didn’t receive any sort of confirmation of them receiving my secondary. The first time I heard from them was last week, and that was my interview invite.

What I’m trying to say is - it’s normal that they haven’t contacted you. They didn’t contact me until they invited me for an interview, so what you’re experiencing is normal. I hope this helps

Reactions: 2 users
WL from 9/16 ://////// hope there's movement off the waitlist!

Got the A yesterday but it was in my promotions of my email inbox so be sure to check!

• Love
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it. I submitted super early, and I didn’t receive any sort of confirmation of them receiving my secondary. The first time I heard from them was last week, and that was my interview invite.

What I’m trying to say is - it’s normal that they haven’t contacted you. They didn’t contact me until they invited me for an interview, so what you’re experiencing is normal. I hope this helps
Ok, that is good to hear fr. Is there a number that you were able to call and get in touch with them though for questions? Ive left messages but no answer back lol.