2022-2023 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you guys get a "Complete" email or they don't do that?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone! Current MD1 at Morehouse School of Medicine! CONGRATULATIONS to those Accepted, Interviewing, and also those waiting on interviews!!!! It takes a lot of hard work to get to this point, so regardless of where you are in the process be gracious to yourself and celebrate EVERY milestone!! For accepted students, I have attached the Groupme Link and the FB Group Link. Both the Groupme and FB will contain members of the current 1st year class that will be available to answer any questions you may have about MSM! For those currently interviewing/wanting more info about MSM, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have through this forum or through PM! Again, congratulations and I hope to see some of you next fall!!

Groupme: GroupMe

FB Group: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi Everyone! Current MD1 at Morehouse School of Medicine! CONGRATULATIONS to those Accepted, Interviewing, and also those waiting on interviews!!!! It takes a lot of hard work to get to this point, so regardless of where you are in the process be gracious to yourself and celebrate EVERY milestone!! For accepted students, I have attached the Groupme Link and the FB Group Link. Both the Groupme and FB will contain members of the current 1st year class that will be available to answer any questions you may have about MSM! For those currently interviewing/wanting more info about MSM, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have through this forum or through PM! Again, congratulations and I hope to see some of you next fall!!

Groupme: GroupMe

FB Group: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
Thank you for your kindness. I was complete in mid Aug and no news. Do I need to prepare myself mentally for R ? Do they still send interviews for folks who were complete in Aug so late in cycle

Thank you for your kindness. I was complete in mid Aug and no news. Do I need to prepare myself mentally for R ? Do they still send interviews for folks who were complete in Aug so late in cycle
MSM accepts students up until June! (Orientation is generally at the end of June) So unless you receive an R there is definitely still a good chance! I have classmates that submitted as late as September and got interviews in February/March so don't count yourself out!

Reactions: 1 user
I just submitted my primary and secondary recently. Is it safe to assume I’m in for a little wait? I’m accustomed to HBCU timelines so it’s no issue.

Rejected already. Very odd. Oh, well…
Losing hope in this whole process and starting to look into doctoral programs in Chemistry. How do you reject someone who submitted a secondary less than a week ago? To my knowledge, I have no red flags and a fairly decent application. This is my third rejection and I have no interview invites at this point (this is the only rejection that just baffles me).

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Rejected already. Very odd. Oh, well…
Losing hope in this whole process and starting to look into doctoral programs in Chemistry. How do you reject someone who submitted a secondary less than a week ago? To my knowledge, I have no red flags and a fairly decent application. This is my third rejection and I have no interview invites at this point (this is the only rejection that just baffles me).
This is beyond shocking… if you don’t mind me asking are you a URM? Also Morehouse had those questions on the secondary about where you wanted to practice? Maybe they reject people based off that answer.. I have no clue. I’m so sorry, I have hope that the other HBCUs you applied to will work

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, URM, went to HBCUS for undergrad and my Masters and volunteered in my community. I’m just trying not to dwell on rejection. I think things will work out one way or another. I can try to figure out how this happened but it seems pointless. I was just venting I guess.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Yup, URM, went to HBCUS for undergrad and my Masters and volunteered in my community. I’m just trying not to dwell on rejection. I think things will work out one way or another. I can try to figure out how this happened but it seems pointless. I was just venting I guess.
I’m sorry to hear that brother. MSM is quite holistic, so I’m surprised you received such an early R even if there are any discrepancies in your app. Only thing I can think of is that they may have thought that your goals/aspirations didn’t fit their goals (primary care)? Idk. Regardless, this cycle will result in your success. Chin up bredren.

Reactions: 9 users
Any one who were complete in August still waiting for II ? either give me R or II

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know someone who attends Morehouse currently that would be willing to speak to me about their experience?

Maybe we will be hearing back from them this week? Fingers crossed. Based on last year’s thread, A’s were sent out November 3.

Did any one who was complete in mid Aug get a pre II R ? So far silence is deafening.

Last edited:
So they are sending rejections? Ig if you haven't heard anything so far, they most likely haven't got to your app yet. SHOW ME SOME LOVE MOREHOUSE

Reactions: 5 users
Current 3rd year here at MSM. Wishing you all well on applications

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Lol Morehouse needs to hurry up with decisions

Any one still waiting for II (complete mid Aug)

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
Any one still waiting for II (complete mid Aug)
I completed August 17th and I haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know the chances for an II at this point or is this just a silent rejection basically? However it seems a lot of august people haven't heard back yet.

I completed August 17th and I haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know the chances for an II at this point or is this just a silent rejection basically? However it seems a lot of august people haven't heard back yet.
I too want to know if it is a silent rejection and prepare myself mentally for R and may be start preparing for next cycle. Silence is deafening..

I too want to know if it is a silent rejection and prepare myself mentally for R and may be start preparing for next cycle. Silence is deafening..

I don’t know about Morehouse specifically, but I’ve been preparing for having to reapply since Sept. I ended up withdrawing from the courses I registered for to pull up my GPA after my acceptance. I will still retake my MCAT unless I get accepted to 1 other school in case that helps get me off a waitlist. Working on plan B, C, D is a healthy distraction to survive the cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know about Morehouse specifically, but I’ve been preparing for having to reapply since Sept. I ended up withdrawing from the courses I registered for to pull up my GPA after my acceptance. I will still retake my MCAT unless I get accepted to 1 other school in case that helps get me off a waitlist. Working on plan B, C, D is a healthy distraction to survive the cycle.
Your signature shows u have an acceptance for DO? You don't want to take the acceptance?

Your signature shows u have an acceptance for DO? You don't want to take the acceptance?

I have over a month before my deposit is due, so I’d like to see where else I’m accepted.