2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete by 6/27. IS with LM score of 71. What are my chances of an interview at this stage in the cycle?
Based on the last five years of admissions data they have released (M.D. Admissions), about 75% of II's have been sent as of today. The tracker says that 348 II's have been sent, so 348/457 (5-year avg)=75.9%

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Opened up SDN and saw that almost every single school I applied to had a recent update/post. Very excitedly opened every single one of them to see what they were about, turns out they were all the same person asking the exact same question LOL my beating heart

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Do they tell you who you will be interviewing with before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when october interviews are going to receive their results? i recall hearing during the interviews that it would be before thanksgiving but now i'm seeing posts that say its end of month

does anyone know when october interviews are going to receive their results? i recall hearing during the interviews that it would be before thanksgiving but now i'm seeing posts that say its end of month
i think it’ll be either tomorrow or on thanksgiving based on prior years. Leaning more on tomorrow cause I feel receiving a waitlist or defer on thanksgiving day would kinda suck lol.

anyone know what date people who interviewed in Nov. receive decisions? losing my mind w anxiety

hey all. i don’t know if this is the right place to post this but i’m applying next cycle and want to know if it’s worth it for me to apply to u of m/ have a chance of getting in. i attended a different in state university, am an ORM. 3.77 (4.0 last two years so huge upward trend) 517, 3 first author publications, 5000+ clinical hours, in state applicant. mainly worried about my gpa. would love to hear what you guys have to say. idk if the fact that i didn’t attend u of m for undergrad would hurt my chances significantly as well.
u should def apply! they do not prioritize their own undergrads or in state in general really, but with 3 first author publications and umich being a top research school its definitely worth it

For those of us who interviewed in October, we should probably hear at some point today right? Carol said we'd hear before thanksgiving D:

For those of us who interviewed in October, we should probably hear at some point today right? Carol said we'd hear before thanksgiving D:
I definitely recall her saying before thanksgiving as well...

Glad to know I’m not the only one frantically checking for this decision lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling theyre not going to release today - just a hunch

Is a waitlist the same as a deferral here. Sorry if dumb question

Edit: Seeing that the waitlist here is to be taken as a soft R. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
lol someone from Umich SOM viewed my LinkedIn profile in incognito mode, yall think they boutta pull through this Monday 💀?

Reactions: 8 users
Absolutely not related to UMich Med but GO BLUE!!!! #thegame

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Any other OOS A people know if it is possible to convert your residency to MI to get in-state tuition? That OOS tuition lookin kinda pricey :oops:
I went here for undergrad and no - not possible. They're very, very strict about it because so many OOS people have summer homes in Michigan, they require either a HS Michigan degree, your parents to live in the state, or a full-time position that is your primary reason for living in Michigan

II this morning! OOS, LM 70, complete 8/11

Edit: Was offered two dates, both in mid-January

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the II!
IS, ORM, LM ~70, nontrad, complete 7/10. Did undergrad here years ago and part of my DIY post-bacc.
Did not think I'd get to this point. Tears spontaneously flew out of my eyes and I started shaking when I saw that email from Carol!

Last edited:
  • Love
II this morning! OOS, LM 70, complete 8/11

Edit: Was offered two dates, both in mid-January

Just got the II!
IS, ORM, LM ~70, nontrad, complete 7/10. Did undergrad here years ago and part of my DIY post-bacc.
Did not think I'd get to this point. Tears spontaneously flew out of my eyes and I started shaking when I saw that email from Carol!
Did you guys submit any updates pre-II?

II this morning as well 😭

IS, ORM, complete 7/5, did my undergrad here and am over the moon about this one!! submitted a pre-II LOI about 3 weeks ago

• Love
Did you guys submit any updates pre-II?
I submitted an update letter (mixed with a letter of continued interest) on Friday in the afternoon! Technically both of the things I talked about in my letter were on my application as projected things I would be doing in my gap year, but I just talked about new responsibilities in each of them.

Congratulations guys!!

Just submitted a LOI/update letter so hopefully this will translate into an II as well 😂

OOS II this morning! Complete early September, LM 76. No LOI or updates sent pre-II.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How many Michigan Mondays are left? Also what is the post interview acceptance rate for in-state students?

Anyone know why Michigan asks interviewees to complete a HIPAA training before their interview? Seems kinda strange.

II this morning as well 😭

IS, ORM, complete 7/5, did my undergrad here and am over the moon about this one!! submitted a pre-II LOI about 3 weeks ago
Did you upload it to the portal? Was it just a letter of interest or also an update?

When does UMich start sending pre-II rejections? I was complete late June and I have no hope left lol

Hello everyone. Do you know if UofM send rejections pre II?

When does UMich start sending pre-II rejections? I was complete late June and I have no hope left lol
Looking at last year on CycleTrack looks like most rejections went out in January (small n value though and doesn't differentiate between pre and post II rejections).

Looking at last year on CycleTrack looks like most rejections went out in January (small n value though and doesn't differentiate between pre and post II rejections).
Thank you! Do you know if sending an update/ LOI would make a difference? Honestly I feel so unqualified for UofM that I don’t think it would change anything

Thank you! Do you know if sending an update/ LOI would make a difference? Honestly I feel so unqualified for UofM that I don’t think it would change anything
I sent an update/LOI in early November and got an interview invite on 11/21. Not sure if it was all because of that letter but the timing makes me think it definitely helped!