2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yo I just got my A yesterday. If we reply to the email to reserve our seat in their class, Is it binding?
i don't think so, it's just to save your seat. they stick to the amcas system so you can still decide later if you want to attend or not

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I think we all got the picture, I thought it was very cute of them. Of course schools are trying to get everyone they interview to fall in love w them, they don’t know who they’re taking vs not yet lol.

true, but I just feel like since everything’s virtual and you don’t necessarily have to worry about whether or not people can make it back to the campus, etc., they could save a lot of the promotion for a virtual second look for accepted students, sort of like they did for undergrad? Especially since we’ve already expressed an interest in the school by applying and paying and interviewing. Idk. Just feel like it would save some broken hearts lol.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they confirm your interview day/time yet? Also got an ii last week and ranked my dates but haven't heard anything.
Yes I got II on Wed and was confirmed on friday, but I did choose the sooner dates so maybe thats why

Reactions: 1 user
Did they confirm your interview day/time yet? Also got an ii last week and ranked my dates but haven't heard anything.
I received one last Tuesday and heard back later Tuesday night. Scheduled for this Friday.

Does anyone have insight into what the interview process is like? It seems like experiential is open-file and potentially conversational...is behavioral like an MMI?

Have accepted students sent a deposit? The only place i see to do this is on the hub app but i cant login to the deposit button..

Has anyone else not been scored yet lmao

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1, even sent an update
+2 and they scored me like a week after I submitted. No idea why they'd do it that fast if they weren't excited about me when they had the option of just leaving me in score purgatory. Was it just like "oh yeah this one's a definite no, zeroes across the board let's get her out of here"

For those of us who were placed on the alternate list --

When you emailed the admissions office to accept placement on the alternate list, did you get a confirmation email? Maybe i'm just being neurotic but they never got back to me after I accepted being put on the alternate list.

When you emailed the admissions office to accept placement on the alternate list, did you get a confirmation email? Maybe i'm just being neurotic but they never got back to me after I accepted being put on the alternate list.
Got a confirmation 5 days later.

I got a confirmation email within a day

i did not get a confirmation

Portal updated to the “We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly…” message 🫣

Last edited by a moderator:
Portal updated to the “We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly…” message 🫣

Interviewed at the end of January!
This means you should be hearing back this week with either an A or an Alternate List. Best of luck

Did anyone else never get the login information for the hub app even though it's been weeks since the interview?

Did anyone else never get the login information for the hub app even though it's been weeks since the interview?
I never did either and I emailed hub support too. I think it's ok given that all important communication will be through email

Interviewed at the end of January!
I got the same update and interviewed around the same time! Fingers crossed :D

Still not scored lmao. They done robbed me smh

Reactions: 7 users
A! people expecting decisions on feb 22 check your amcas

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
The meeting to score people and bring people off the waitlist isn't until tonight though... how would you already be accepted?

Reactions: 2 users
The meeting to score people and bring people off the waitlist isn't until tonight though... how would you already be accepted?
Yeah…. it shows that they updated AMCAS on the last committee meeting at 7 pm on that day

A as well!! On AMCAS choose your medical school portal, it says date and time received was yesterday at 10:01 PM

• Wow
Congrats to those accepted! Looks like I can expect alternate list again

Were y’all who saw the A on CYMS already on the alternate list? I’m assuming not since someone said “those expecting decisions”. I think there’s still hope for us on the alternate list hoping to get accepted after tonight’s meeting? 😅

Were y’all who saw the A on CYMS already on the alternate list? I’m assuming not since someone said “those expecting decisions”. I think there’s still hope for us on the alternate list hoping to get accepted after tonight’s meeting? 😅
just out of curiousity, do they update your alternate list place in CYMS every time there is a committee meeting? For example, if I was on AL Feb 8th, will it update to Feb 22nd today?

just out of curiousity, do they update your alternate list place in CYMS every time there is a committee meeting? For example, if I was on AL Feb 8th, will it update to Feb 22nd today?
That’s a good question. I’m assuming not bc the “date received” on CYMS for my alternate list decision is the date that they sent me the email still, and there have been at least 2 committee meetings since then.

I also have a CYMS acceptance but deleted my message about getting the A because nerrrrrrvous that it is an accident

That’s a good question. I’m assuming not bc the “date received” on CYMS for my alternate list decision is the date that they sent me the email still, and there have been at least 2 committee meetings since then.
Can you see the alternate list on CYMS? I am expecting to hear back today (my portal changed), but I don't see anything from Miami in the CYMS

Can you see the alternate list on CYMS? I am expecting to hear back today (my portal changed), but I don't see anything from Miami in the CYMS
Yes I can see my alternate list decision from Jan 11

You can, labeled as such. Mine was updated 7pm the Wednesday we were told decisions would come out.

I think either a) they met yesterday and will continue to meet today to finalize this set of decisions, or b) they rescheduled from Wednesday to Tuesday this time around, and will update alternate lists later today.

I am leaning towards (a) because people haven't reported phone calls, which I would imagine would have come out yesterday alongside decisions, but it is far from strong foolproof evidence

Saw an A this morning on CYMS!!! but no official call/email. So waiting until confirmed

Well no meeting until the end of next month so looks like more waiting...

Yes I can see my alternate list decision from Jan 11
Did you have decisions from other schools also? I was placed on the alternate list previously but I can’t see the CYMS tool at all 🫣 JW if you need at least one acceptance to see all