2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any advice for the PURCH mmi? how did it compare to the MD mmi?

Members don't see this ad.

any advice for the PURCH mmi? how did it compare to the MD mmi?
roughly the same. I think the PURCH mmi questions felt more aligned with the PURCH mission (more equity in health etc).

On another note, has anyone gotten an A from PURCH program? the wait is fine just fineeeee.

Reactions: 3 users
roughly the same. I think the PURCH mmi questions felt more aligned with the PURCH mission (more equity in health etc).

On another note, has anyone gotten an A from PURCH program? the wait is fine just fineeeee.

I have, if there's any comfort I can offer it's that I had a long wait as well. From other comments, it seems they're trying to review as many apps in their decisions. I also remember somewhere (most likely their website) stating they send out most of their decisions a little later so I wouldn't take the silence as anything negative!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have, if there's any comfort I can offer it's that I had a long wait as well. From other comments, it seems they're trying to review as many apps in their decisions. I also remember somewhere (most likely their website) stating they send out most of their decisions a little later so I wouldn't take the silence as anything negative!
congrats! when did u interview/receive A, if you don't mind sharing?

thank you! I assume they also did some sort of info session during the mmi day?

thank you! I assume they also did some sort of info session during the mmi day?
I wouldn’t hope for too much regarding detailed information on interview day. More of a brief welcome and introduction then after some times for questions.

If you check the secondary portal, they have info sessions for both standard MD and PURCH applications with times and dates, I’d utilise those instead for information seeking since they’re dedicated just for it.

congrats! when did u interview/receive A, if you don't mind sharing?

I don’t remember exact dates but I do remember around 2 1/2 to 3 months for my decision. Hope you hear back soon and best of luck ! ❤️

Do we have to get AC for an A? Interviewed in Sep. nothing yet

Reactions: 1 users
Do we have to get AC for an A? Interviewed in Sep. nothing yet
From what I've seen its a mixed result, some people get it and get in, others dont get AC and still get in. I Interviewed 11/9 and I got the AC two weeks after and no word since

From what I've seen its a mixed result, some people get it and get in, others dont get AC and still get in. I Interviewed 11/9 and I got the AC two weeks after and no word since

I did not get any AC and I got accepted

II today! Quite a few slots still open through this month/some early Feb. Reapp from last year, mostly just added hours for activities between cycles and interviewed -> WL in November last year.

Here's hoping this cycle is better!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you decline an II? Does the option show up in the portal after the confidentiality agreement? MD II received, OOS complete end of July
If you don't know how to decline on the portal I would email the admissions team to let them know. Really appreciate it, as I am sure are other people who are still waiting on a II from this school.

II today! Quite a few slots still open through this month/some early Feb. Reapp from last year, mostly just added hours for activities between cycles and interviewed -> WL in November last year.

Here's hoping this cycle is better!!
Congrats!! When were you complete?

interviewed on 10/6 and radio silence. do you think
this means a rejection coming?

they said they meet far more often towards the end of the cycle to present candidates and make decisions, to give everyone a fair shot of admission regardless of when you interview

Did anyone who has been accepted attempt to create a Net Partner login and application for their institutional aid? When I tried, an error message popped up and I’m not sure if I’m just too early or I have an individual problem I need to sort out! Thank you!

Did anyone who has been accepted attempt to create a Net Partner login and application for their institutional aid? When I tried, an error message popped up and I’m not sure if I’m just too early or I have an individual problem I need to sort out! Thank you!
I had the same error and this was the response from the financial aid office 2 weeks ago: "Applications for the 23-24 academic year are not yet live, which is why you're having trouble accessing the net partner portal. Once they are open, we will send out an email with instructions and application information to our prospective students."

I had the same error and this was the response from the financial aid office 2 weeks ago: "Applications for the 23-24 academic year are not yet live, which is why you're having trouble accessing the net partner portal. Once they are open, we will send out an email with instructions and application information to our prospective students."
Thank you! I was hoping this was the answer!

I got the same response. There are also online office hours that the financial office holds a couple of times every week. You can just join the Zoom link and ask any questions you have. That’s what I did for my NetPartner issue. The lady said the deadline for the institutional aid this year is end of March. She said we’ll receive an email when the application opens sometime soon.

For any current students, are lectures recorded?

For any current students, are lectures recorded?
You have three options with every lecture: go in person, watch live on zoom (they answer questions from the chat), or watch a recording of the lecture whenever you want. Attendance is not mandatory for any large-group lectures unless there are guest speakers which isn’t often.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A to MD program a few days back! Interviewed in Dec, AC in Jan, OOS. Very excited!

I feel like they completely forget about me . Interviewed at the end of Sept and 0 communication since .

Reactions: 6 users
A just now , interviewed late december, OOS
AC email maybe 3 weeks ago ish?

Reactions: 6 users
A today (around 3pm EST), interviewed 11/9 (received AC around Thanksgiving), IS, LM score of 76!

Any of the As for PURCH?

IMG_1872.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
A for PURCH yesterday :) IS, interviewed 11/22 and 11/29, AC email 2 weeks after
I did send an update letter like a week ago!

Are there any groups/chats for admitted students or PURCH students yet?

Reactions: 4 users
A for PURCH yesterday :) IS, interviewed 11/22 and 11/29, AC email 2 weeks after
I did send an update letter like a week ago!

Are there any groups/chats for admitted students or PURCH students yet?
What did you include in your update letter? Was it more like a letter of intent?

congrats to all the As. am i correct that the class size for PURCH is about 20-30? Additionally, does anyone know if PURCH is still interviewing thru february?

What did you include in your update letter? Was it more like a letter of intent?
I didn’t use letter of intent language but I talked about a job change, some volunteering I’m going to be doing, and I reiterated my fit for the program.

I didn’t use letter of intent language but I talked about a job change, some volunteering I’m going to be doing, and I reiterated my fit for the program.
I sent something very similar last week, hopefully theres some correlation and I have some good news soon! congrats on the A

Does anyone know if there's an accepted students groupme yet?
Doesn't seem to be one yet, I see a few other accepted students asking the same. I've never used GroupMe so not sure if it's something we can make but I do know the school makes a Facebook group for students closer to matriculation.

Doesn't seem to be one yet, I see a few other accepted students asking the same. I've never used GroupMe so not sure if it's something we can make but I do know the school makes a Facebook group for students closer to matriculation.
There is an FB group made by Mcatbros which has steadily grown since October but no one has posted in it. He made groups for a bunch of med schools for some reason? lol He posted a link to a Groupme chat in the FB group. Victoria who is on the admissions committee at Umass is in the group so it is possibly going to be the "real" group or she joined to avoid misinformation? I'm not sure lol

Link to Group

There is an FB group made by Mcatbros which has steadily grown since October but no one has posted in it. He made groups for a bunch of med schools for some reason? lol He posted a link to a Groupme chat in the FB group. Victoria who is on the admissions committee at Umass is in the group so it is possibly going to be the "real" group or she joined to avoid misinformation? I'm not sure lol

Link to Group
Yeah I saw that as well. They had a direct link to a Facebook group in the second look website they sent last year so I’m waiting for that. Hopefully there’s a separate official group.

Yeah I saw that as well. They had a direct link to a Facebook group in the second look website they sent last year so I’m waiting for that. Hopefully there’s a separate official group.
Lol how many folks are in the group so far...