2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I am still not able to schedule an interview. It keeps telling me there are no slots available. Are other people still getting this message?? I emailed the person they told us to email, and she hasn't responded either, im getting kinda antsy and dont really know what to do. Cause they also said we only have 5 days to schedule an interview in the email they sent out.
Any ideas? anyone else still having the same issue?
I was able to schedule one the same day I got the email. You should wait to see what they say, it might be some technical error.

Members don't see this ad.

Do MD applicants that have taken a gap year have to answer 1,2,4,and 5. Kind of annoyed that I did my questions and now it seems like I have to do a whole new set of questions because of this weird instruction box they have above the prompt
These are the big questions not the subpart question of question 1. I thought the same thing.

IS PURCH II received just now ORM LM 72 complete 7/26. Only interviews offered in September.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now. Secondary completed on 7/12/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know what the "Privileged Access - no account configured" tab is? I never noticed it on my portal until now lmfao

has it always been there? i never noticed but feel like it might've been, also saw that mine is under review at the top

has it always been there? i never noticed but feel like it might've been, also saw that mine is under review at the top
Mine was not always there but mine has said "under review" for awhile. Now it has the privileged access though, not sure what that means!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was not always there but mine has said "under review" for awhile. Now it has the privileged access though, not sure what that means!
me too! mine says under review and now shows privileged access

I have it, and I didn't submit my secondary til' 8/29 so I'm betting it doesn't mean much ;)

IS II just now! Secondary submitted on 8/5.

Has anyone had the PURCH interview yet? If so, how was it? Is it any different from the regular interview?

Hey, I am still not able to schedule an interview. It keeps telling me there are no slots available. Are other people still getting this message?? I emailed the person they told us to email, and she hasn't responded either, im getting kinda antsy and dont really know what to do. Cause they also said we only have 5 days to schedule an interview in the email they sent out.
Any ideas? anyone else still having the same issue?
Hi, did you end up hearing back from anyone about this issue? in the same boat currently.
thanks

Has anyone had the PURCH interview yet? If so, how was it? Is it any different from the regular interview?
It was very similar to the regular interview. They were both very relaxed and enjoyable. Just know your application and have a couple of interesting stories to tell.

To whoever interviewed, did it take up the entire 3-hour time slot or did you finish early?

It was very similar to the regular interview. They were both very relaxed and enjoyable. Just know your application and have a couple of interesting stories to tell.
Was PURCH interview mmi and 1:1? Or just mmi? I’m confused about what to expect for the format

I got ii on 9/15 after being complete on 8/3. I’m IS. I also had issues with the site saying no interviews were available so after waiting a couple days and continuously checking I contacted the person listed in the ii email. She responded really quickly and was very helpful and scheduled me manually. The available dates were like immediately tho so be aware it might be super quick turnaround

For those that interviewed, was it all scenario q's or should we prepare for non-acting character ones as well (e.g. what's your greatest strength)?

For those that interviewed, was it all scenario q's or should we prepare for non-acting character ones as well (e.g. what's your greatest strength)?
There was both, but definitely more Scenario q's and only 1-2 characters ones (like the one u mentioned before) . I think the biggest take home is really answer the question by stating both sides of argument , and everyone's perspective. and be empathetic and nice :) and let the interviewer ask you some follow up questions so you guys have more of a convo . You guys will do great <3

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS II earlier this afternoon! Complete 7/26 LM 75

Got an email at 11pm last night that I am no longer being considered for PURCH, but under review for regular admission

Does anyone know the post ii acceptance rate for Umass?

Has anyone interviewed yet who can give any general advice for the interview tomorrow? Thanks in advance :)

Edit: are you allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes given to read the scenarios?

Last edited:
Has anyone interviewed yet who can give any general advice for the interview tomorrow? Thanks in advance :)

Edit: are you allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes given to read the scenarios?

For the purch one you were allowed to. I haven’t had the regular one yet but everyone said they’re very similar so I would assume so?

Hello! I interviewed here last month. It is an MMI based interview. You are indeed allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes. The scenario is written on the screen and then you talk about it with your interviewer. I recommend not taking up the entire time with your explanation. Let it be more of a discussion with your interviewer. State your position and then let them ask follow up questions. Stay calm and you will do great!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Crazy turnaround time! II today OOS LM 72 ORM Complete 8/21

Anyone who has interviewed, any advice? Interviewing on 10/12!!

Just relax and be yourself! It’s really all you can do. Everyone is super nice and there are 8 stations so messing up on one doesn’t matter at all — I’m pretty sure they drop your worst station anyways. And don’t worry about talking the entire time. They have follow up questions for you and most people want it to be a conversation anyways. Y’all will do great :)