2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IT'S FRIDAY PEOPLE

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Gotta love unsolicited advice! For anyone else, just wondering what you've been doing re updates, thx.

I uploaded 2 on the portal. One back in October and one last week. Sadly I haven't heard back like AT ALL so I don't think it even matters, at least for my case haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Radio silence since interview 10/4! this has to mean the r is coming

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3CCD73F0-FA49-4A5F-9A12-BBCDC23FCF7C.jpeg

Stay strong, everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
any other PURCH interviewees still waiting to hear back? I literally interviewed in august...no AC email no nothing

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in mid/late December, was waitlisted this morning, but I will be declining my WL spot! Hope everyone receives news that they've been waiting for :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Alright let’s try a little reverse psychology manifesting today. Please don’t send me an nice little A today in my email Umass 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone from PURCH still waiting responses? I mean they should tell us by March right?

Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know if we can opt out of purch?
maybe we can hear back sooner?
I'm pretty sure you only get like a week or so to opt out before it goes to the committee. After that, you can opt out after a decision has been made on your file. (Other PURCH applicants - please correct me if I'm wrong)

Reactions: 2 users
This is kinda crazy like interviewed 9/27 and no status change whatsoever. Anyone else interview on this day or similar and also haven't heard anything?

Reactions: 7 users
This is kinda crazy like interviewed 9/27 and no status change whatsoever. Anyone else interview on this day or similar and also haven't heard anything?
I interviewed in August and have had no change in status whatsoever

Reactions: 1 user

+1. Dare I say it’s starting to seem a lil unprofesh on their part

interviewed beginning of october and nothing since then, I think this is not very professional or considerate

interviewed beginning of october and nothing since then, I think this is not very professional or considerate
Agreed. UMass had the worst interviewers for me also. One of them was straight up an ass, and told me that my research wasn’t “real science,” (direct quote) because it wasn’t bench / wet lab work.

BUT goddamn Purch seems cool and everything else was good.

Agreed. UMass had the worst interviewers for me also. One of them was straight up an ass, and told me that my research wasn’t “real science,” (direct quote) because it wasn’t bench / wet lab work.

BUT goddamn Purch seems cool and everything else was good.
how did that come up, seeing that it was an MMI

Probably a long shot, but does anyone know the timeline of when UMass sends post-II decisions?? Do they tend to send them on a certain day of the week/or on a monthly basis? I’m IS, LM 76, and interviewed 2/16. No A’s yet, 2 WL, and waiting to hear back from 3 more schools (including UMass). I’m definitely prepared for it to take a while before hearing back, but I’m getting pretty antsy lol hopefully sooner rather than later!!
Animated GIF

• Haha
Probably a long shot, but does anyone know the timeline of when UMass sends post-II decisions?? Do they tend to send them on a certain day of the week/or on a monthly basis? I’m IS, LM 76, and interviewed 2/16. No A’s yet, 2 WL, and waiting to hear back from 3 more schools (including UMass). I’m definitely prepared for it to take a while before hearing back, but I’m getting pretty antsy lol hopefully sooner rather than later!!
At least two weeks. Other than that, it could be months.

Decisions usually come out on Friday, but there were two(?) Monday As earlier this month.

In terms of antsiness, UMass is not the ideal school to know when you’ll hear back. No clear pattern unlike other schools where you know around when you will hear back.

Reactions: 1 users
I have officially decided that this is the week. My time has come. If I do not hear back this week, I shall never post on this thread again.

Reactions: 4 users
pre-II R!! been waiting for this one lol, complete 8/7. OOS with ties

That WL email is written just like an A email ugh…

• Care
If that was it for the day… good luck to everyone. I shall be permanently signing off this thread as to not get my hopes up every week

• Care
Even though I haven't heard back, I'm glad to see that some people are getting decisions from U Mass 🙏