2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why's that?

Based on past threads, they send out IIs the week or so after doing maintenance on the portal. They mostly send IIs on Tuesday. So it’s been a week since the maintenance and in previous years they’ve sent the first batch by now. Obviously it’s just a guess but I feel like it may be this Tuesday

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on past threads, they send out IIs the week or so after doing maintenance on the portal. They mostly send IIs on Tuesday. So it’s been a week since the maintenance and in previous years they’ve sent the first batch by now. Obviously it’s just a guess but I feel like it may be this Tuesday
Solid analysis. I'm cautiously optimistic!

Reactions: 1 user
During virtual office hours this week, they said they will release the first round of II this week. And will continue to release until March

During virtual office hours this week, they said they will release the first round of II this week. And will continue to release until March
as in tomorrow ? or starting next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview! Complete date 7/12, LM ~76. I didn't emphasize on primary care so I am really surprised about this! Good luck to everyone else.

also got II (completed 7/11) !!! does anyone see any dates besides 8/30?? can't do that day unfortunately

Last edited:
also got II (completely 7/11) !!! does anyone see any dates besides 8/30?? can't do that day unfortunately
That is all I saw also. I have another interview literally the next day, I got suuuper lucky lol

Do people know how many people get accepted each year? I know 50 people matriculate but is the number of acceptances published? Trying to see what the post interview % is

At office hours they said, the post-interview acceptance rate is roughly 22%. Could change from year to year. In this video, , the Senior Dean of Admissions says they have about a 2:1 ratio of acceptances to those who end up matriculating. All in all that's about 150-160 acceptances a year.

Dang complete 7/9. Guessing since no ii, I didn’t make the cut

Not necessarily I know people neurotically ask for complete dates, but truthfully I don't think it much matters. I have seen countless threads where people who get IIs on the same day have drastically different complete dates. Don't count yourself out yet. Seems like Kaiser may be prioritizing high stats in their first interviews, but that's just a guess. I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
Feel shocked and devastated by kaiser not sending me that II lol 😪

Feel shocked and devastated by kaiser not sending me that II lol
You're not alone. You're one of many who checks their status frequently throughout the day, especially when those "II" post start rolling in. You're among those who will continually be updating friends and family who ask, "how's medical school going?" with "I'm still applying!" Chin up, friend, the cycle has only just begun. If this is what you're meant to do, you will do it.

- A fellow devasted applicant to Kaiser.

lol people love to imagine the worse case scenarios. imagine if they just stopped. that's it. pack it up yall we're done for the cycle.
It would be dumb to send one round of interviews this early… there are a ton of great applicants who haven’t been verified yet this cycle.

I've said this on another thread before but last year I got an II to a school in November which I completed in early July. Just because you don't get the first round of IIs doesn't mean you won't get one at all!

IS II just now complete July 5th. Looks like they are still going through early apps!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Was II received in an email or a notification in the portal?
Do any schools do the notification only in portal thing without an email? I don’t have a Kaiser II, but I have only heard of schools doing em via email

Do any schools do the notification only in portal thing without an email? I don’t have a Kaiser II, but I have only heard of schools doing em via email
some schools, like GW, will update in the portal and not send an email until like 2 days later. just keeps u on ur toes 🩰

Are interviews virtual or in-person? I saw someone say that the info session said in person, but I got this email today when I asked:

Thank you for your email. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on a rolling basis during the application process. Interviews will be conducted in a virtual format from August 2022 through February 2023. We look forward to meeting you virtually, and to congratulating all applicants who move on to this next phase of the application process.

Are interviews virtual or in-person? I saw someone say that the info session said in person, but I got this email today when I asked:

Thank you for your email. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on a rolling basis during the application process. Interviews will be conducted in a virtual format from August 2022 through February 2023. We look forward to meeting you virtually, and to congratulating all applicants who move on to this next phase of the application process.
Virtual. I think they changed their minds sometime in June.

Question: since there are two interview groups does the second geoup start at 10 or do they have some activities for both groups while the other is interviewing?

Question: since there are two interview groups does the second geoup start at 10 or do they have some activities for both groups while the other is interviewing?
At my interview last year, we were given a 2-3 hour break then expected to meet back for MMIs.

I wonder how holistic really is KPSOM
I can't really comment on that, but given their average stats, I'd probably say very holistic. They are a free school in a pretty nice location so you can assume every top-tier candidate with 4.0 528 and 20 pubs will apply here; yet, their average stats are relatively low compared to NYU, Cleveland Clinic, or Cornell. From what I've gathered, they seem to be big on public health, so mission fit is likely a big selection criterion for them. Also, looking at their website they seem to be really proud of being a diverse school (#6 according to USWN).

Reactions: 2 users
Do they only accept 22 OOS applicant out of the 374 they interview ?!!!

What kind of screening does Kaiser do? Primary application received email on 7/15 and silence since.

First interview invite!!! I'm shaking lol...
In state, strong connections to Pasadena, ORM

Reactions: 4 users