2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi yall i have 2 questions:
1. does john hopkins send everyone a secondary?
2. does everyone receive a secondary right after being verified?

Members don't see this ad.

When is the next phase of IIs? Last year thread shows it was almost like once in 2 weeks..

Aint no way y’all are asking if it’s too late to submit a secondary … it’s august bro

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi yall i have 2 questions:
1. does john hopkins send everyone a secondary?
2. does everyone receive a secondary right after being verified?
They send everyone a secondary. I got mine about a week after verification back in early July.

II just now complete July 11th. 3.85 523 mcat. Honestly thought gpa meant I was DOA lol.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Is it too late to apply ?

I submitted my secondary in October, got an II for the last week of interviews, and am now an M2 :)

Good luck to everyone applying! Don't sweat the timeline.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has there been no recent II? If so, when did you submit the secondary?

Has there been no recent II? If so, when did you submit the secondary?
During my interview, the director mentioned that the way they do it is assess all interviewees on a monthly basis and make decisions. May be a lull before the next monthly interviews/committee assessment?

Reactions: 1 users
II! - 7/6 Complete, LM 81.7, OOS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received on 09/28! LM 77, OOS. Reality don’t make sense no mo

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Reaching out to say hello and offer any support that I can. Graduate of Hopkins SOM 2019. Always here to help.

Received an II in my dream last night

I didn't even apply here, but I'm hoping IIs go to those who are eagerly waiting :)

• Haha
Do you guys think it’s too late to apply?

Do you guys think it’s too late to apply?
If the due date for secondaries hasn't passed yet, you can still apply. I sent in my secondary like the day before it was due and got in anyway :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Do you think it's worth submitting secondaries with a 125 in CARS (total 518)? I've been hesitant to drop another $100 after seeing that they did not accept any applicants with CARS <127 on MSAR. I got my first II for Harvard which gave me hope but I'm still unsure.

Do you think it's worth submitting secondaries with a 125 in CARS (total 518)? I've been hesitant to drop another $100 after seeing that they did not accept any applicants with CARS <127 on MSAR. I got my first II for Harvard which gave me hope but I'm still unsure.
That's just the 10th %-tile, so 10% were < 127, I would guess they care about that the least vs the others.

Mate if your first II was from Harvard in less than a week I’d go ahead and shoot your shot

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone interviewed with JHU? What is the noon interview with the medical school students, is that like a panel interview or more of an information session?

It’s just informational! It’s with students on the adcom, but it’s literally just a q and a

What part of your premed application made u stand out to adcoms at JHU?
I was a non-traditional student (1 year post-bacc, 2 years clinical research) and I emphasized this background in my application and interview. I had bizarre hobbies and a personal statement that was fairly unique. At least that's my thinking!

Has anyone interviewed with JHU? What is the noon interview with the medical school students, is that like a panel interview or more of an information session?
There is a Q&A session with med students, but one of your interviewers will be an M4 just as a heads up :)

anyone interviewed/goes here who knows what to expect for the interview? is it chill conversational or is it traditional grill interview questions? whats the vibeeee

Just got an II! Kind of surprised - I turned around their secondary after 4 weeks. It's been my first exception to the two-week rule so far. Complete Aug 9.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I should have been complete for Hopkins in 9/13 but just got an email today saying my secondary app is complete and will be now sent to the committee for review….is this lag common?

I should have been complete for Hopkins in 9/13 but just got an email today saying my secondary app is complete and will be now sent to the committee for review….is this lag common?
I submitted my app with all of my rec letters in on Aug 1 and got my completion email today as well :/

I submitted my app with all of my rec letters in on Aug 1 and got my completion email today as well :/

Ooo dang well it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I was afraid they may have missed a notification from AMCAS that one of my letters originally assigned is no longer being sent. But maybe they have some kind of pre-committee review

Ooo dang well it’s comforting to know it’s not just me. I was afraid they may have missed a notification from AMCAS that one of my letters originally assigned is no longer being sent. But maybe they have some kind of pre-committee review
Haha yeah I had a little panic attack when I got that email thinking that I might have missed something

Perhaps they do have a pre-committee review....I'm wondering if there was an incident like this in previous years

+1 on the email about being complete. I was complete in August on their portal, though I may have never received an email confirming completion. Who knows!

+1 on y’all LM 74. Maybe they just finished interviewing the superstars and now are moving onto common plebs.

Last year’s thread shows that this happened to 4 or so people. One of them got an interview several weeks later, and the others never reposted so they likely didn’t get interviewed. So I don’t think it means anything. Must be glitch on their end.

+1
Completed in July, a little concerned but trying not to be neurotic.

Completed 8/9 and no word, STATS should have all been fine but still nervous. Should I be worried about the no II yet? I was >2 wks for secondary return...

+1
Completed in July, a little concerned but trying not to be neurotic.
I’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.

I’ll be neurotic. This is SDN anyways. The email says “sent to committee for review.” Likely, they prioritize high stat applicants first and they get sent first, and then it’s a staircase down in terms of MCAT score/GPA. after that. So getting the complete at all is good news: it means there are going to be eyes on our file this month. I assume that means if we don’t hear back in 30 days, we can assume we’ve been rejected.
I got Complete 8/9 and haven't heard back II yet. gpa 4.0 / MCAT 522. I may have been rejected already and just not told yet but I don't know if high stat applicants are given any priority for a decision

• Hmm

Not sure if that’s totally true regarding high stat applicants first as I’m LM 75, ORM, and got a II back in August. But yes I think you’ll get reviewed soon best of luck!

Not sure if that’s totally true regarding high stat applicants first as I’m LM 75, ORM, and got a II back in August. But yes I think you’ll get reviewed soon best of luck!

Also forgot to mention this earlier but I also received a complete email way after I submitted my secondary, I think they’re just slow to process.

I got Complete 8/9 and haven't heard back II yet. gpa 4.0 / MCAT 522. I may have been rejected already and just not told yet but I don't know if high stat applicants are given any priority for a decision
Complete 7/25, also high stat and I got nothing so far. Hoping we're both still in the running 🙏

I agree with this theory, moved from the big pile to the II or not pile. Makes too much sense , but I’m overly optimistic. Fits the 1/4 example too from last year odds wise.

+1 sort of. My stats aren't that high but same situation. I was sent the email almost immediately after I submitted on 7/19 though. So I don't think I would have been included in that stellar stat early push through since I have solid stats but not sky high (517/3.78). Maybe I have been silently rejected but I don't really believe that is the case just yet. Maybe I am an optimist lol.

+1 sort of. My stats aren't that high but same situation. I was sent the email almost immediately after I submitted on 7/19 though. So I don't think I would have been included in that stellar stat early push through since I have solid stats but not sky high (517/3.78). Maybe I have been silently rejected but I don't really believe that is the case just yet. Maybe I am an optimist lol.
For JHU high stats probably are 523+. According to MSAR only 10% of their class is below a 518.