***2022-2023 HPB Fellowship Interview Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evooo8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a separate thread for HPB interviews through the fellowship council

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m planning on applying this year but none of my letters are in yet. Can expect a couple after Christmas and the rest hopefully in the first week or so of January. I haven’t been able to find info on when applications should ideally be submitted, but I’m curious if anyone has an idea.

I would imagine the earlier the better. So far I haven‘t had any HPB interview invites. Only 2 of the HPB programs have my application marked as reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just Methodist so far? I have 6 programs that show my app has been reviewed. I heard from a recent HPB grad that most interviews came in February

Methodist Richardson: 2/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/10, 4/24

Ascension Providence: TBD

So far we have Methodist, Carolinas and Ascension Providence. Nothing else so far?

There aren’t many purely HPB programs taking apps this cycle it seems. I wonder if they are waiting for the app deadline before sending out interviews.

I’ve had 5 programs total mark my application as “reviewed”.

So far we have Methodist, Carolinas and Ascension Providence. Nothing else so far?

There aren’t many purely HPB programs taking apps this cycle it seems. I wonder if they are waiting for the app deadline before sending out interviews.

I’ve had 5 programs total mark my application as “reviewed”.
Those are the only ones I know of so far. And yeah only 5 reviewed for me as well.

Providence Portland Medical Center sent out interviews late last night

No dates from Ascension Providence yet. Also got rejection from MD Anderson

Ascension emailed with dates

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t heard anything from the Canadian programs either.

How will you all decide how to rank programs? A lot of these seem to have amazing training. I’m finding it difficult to compare the 2 year programs with each other (if location isn’t a factor).

And as far as the HPB heavy Advanced/Complex GI programs, though they are one year, some of them seem to have good one on one time with excellent HPB surgeons so how would you factor those in?

Never heard from Canadian programs. I did hear back from the Latin America program.