2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Georgetown accept letters of support/ additional letters of rec if you are on the WL?

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent my letter of intent. Just curious, any early December interviews hear back at all? I know a current Georgetown medical student who interviewed early December in a previous cycle, and she got a response within 12 weeks :(.

I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.
That's exactly what I'm scared about - especially since the last wave of decisions seemed to be mostly acceptances/waitlists 😬

That's exactly what I'm scared about - especially since the last wave of decisions seemed to be mostly acceptances/waitlists 😬
I would recommend reading the 2021-2022 Georgetown cycle on SDN. It seems waiting 16+ weeks is not unusual and it does give perspective on the process :). It helped me a lot.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Georgetown accept much off the waitlist? Are waitlist offers based on rolling?

For those who have been accepted - I recently checked MyAccess and the page updated with a "Financial Aid" tab. They may release aid packages soon; according to last year's thread they release packages around this time.

For everyone on the WL, not sure if they’re still releasing decisions, but there’s only 70 people in the group me right now, 160 in the FB group, and class size is usually close to 200. Just putting that out there!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
For anyone that knows, how does the Sarah Stewart scholarship work? If when received, does it cover all four years of tuition? And are you able to reapply your next year if you don’t get it as an ms1?

has anyone been able to select their white coat size on the portal? I can see what style I can select but no size selection :/

Has anyone heard anything yet today? Was hoping some decisions might come out
I interviewed early Dec. and still haven't heard anything. It's GUSOM's spring break this week so I highly doubt we will hear anything.

I interviewed early Dec. and still haven't heard anything. It's GUSOM's spring break this week so I highly doubt we will hear anything.
Same. I'm checking for posts on the daily. I did see from last year's posts that there are reserved slots for Georgetown SMP and SMP alumni. And I heard many decisions are released late April and May when students with multiple acceptances start committing to a single school.

Same. I'm checking for posts on the daily. I did see from last year's posts that there are reserved slots for Georgetown SMP and SMP alumni. And I heard many decisions are released late April and May when students with multiple acceptances start committing to a single school.
As an SMP alum, the current SMP students all interview in March/early April. And then they usually hear back 4-6ish weeks after their interview. And while I know they generally accept a certain # of current and former SMP students each year, idk if that number is set in stone or how they determine that. But I'm sure decisions for the rest of applicants are at least somewhat influenced by how many SMPs/SMP alums they accept.

Just heard from my best friend/roommate that she just got a call from the dean on her acceptance.She interviewed in December MCAT 517 ORM

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard from my best friend/roommate that she just got a call from the dean on her acceptance.She interviewed in December MCAT 517 ORM
Congrats to her!! Now I’m nervous again tho lol 😂 thought nothing would come out due to jacksonfeeble’s point about spring break (which definitely made sense!)

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A via phone call today! super pumped :)) Interviewed 1/24

Congrats to her!! Now I’m nervous again tho lol 😂 thought nothing would come out due to jacksonfeeble’s point about spring break (which definitely made sense!)
she’s going to upenn for grad school instead, so there’s that!

the med school operates on a separate calendar from the undergrad students (and from other graduate programs). Thus, if that person is going by the undergrad calendar, the med school may not be on break right now?

Last edited:
the med school operates on a separate calendar from the undergrad students (and from other graduate programs). Thus, if that person is going by the undergrad calendar, the med school may not be on break right now?
I did check med school website and SOM is on break right now. However… admissions committee might not follow along with student breaks (but I have no idea!)

Do you guys know if it is better to send a letter of intent now or wait until the end of April?

Got Waitlisted this morning. I submitted an LOI and an update letter better before the WL, and now on the WL portal I see options for letters and the previous place where I submitted my letters is closed and doesn't show anything. So, do I resubmit these in the waitlist section or are they still there but I just can't see them.

Got Waitlisted this morning. I submitted an LOI and an update letter better before the WL, and now on the WL portal I see options for letters and the previous place where I submitted my letters is closed and doesn't show anything. So, do I resubmit these in the waitlist section or are they still there but I just can't see them.

Was wondering the exact same thing

I was also waitlisted, and also noticed that previously-submitted updates/letters are no longer visible. I don't think it's necessary to resubmit anything you've already submitted; they likely based their WL decision on your app + whatever letters you had uploaded. Thus perhaps it can sort of be viewed of as a 'blank slate', where any and all further review of your application will be solely based on any additional updates/letters that you submit from this point. Idk that's just my theory.

I was also waitlisted, and also noticed that previously-submitted updates/letters are no longer visible. I don't think it's necessary to resubmit anything you've already submitted; they likely based their WL decision on your app + whatever letters you had uploaded. Thus perhaps it can sort of be viewed of as a 'blank slate', where any and all further review of your application will be solely based on any additional updates/letters that you submit from this point. Idk that's just my theory.

Thoughts on how I sent a LOI the day before I received my WL decision?

Should I resubmit

Does anyone know if georgetown accepts additional LOR once your on the WL? Probably not?

Does anyone know if georgetown accepts additional LOR once you're on the WL? Probably not?
I dont think it would hurt! I didn't ask the admissions office directly, but I had an additional LoR get submitted while I was on the WL. Not sure how much impact it had, but I did get taken off the WL. I would check with admissions office!

For the Letters of Interest in the waitlist section do we have to keep the character count below 3000? It lets me write upto 3000 words, but it says 3000 characters.

For the Letters of Interest in the waitlist section do we have to keep the character count below 3000? It lets me write upto 3000 words, but it says 3000 characters.
I'm not sure, and I noticed that as well. I just wrote a letter that goes over all the main points of why I want to attend. It was about 3/4 of a page long and well under 3000 characters.

even if you are allowed to write 3000 words, I would still recommend keeping it to a page or less

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? The recent email sent by the office implies that we’re going to receive it before second look

Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? The recent email sent by the office implies that we’re going to receive it before second look
I did about a week ago. Definitely not the most generous package I've ever received :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Care
So I see that Georgetown has pass/fail clerkships, it seems like they don't do high pass/ pass with honors/etc. Is that true? I think their website is outdated. Can any current students confirm?