2022-2023 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got this

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue consideration of your application credentials for the Quillen College of Medicine 2023 entering class.

We work to insure that all applications get the time and attention they deserve from the Admissions Committee.

Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we ask that you please bear with us as there may be occasional delays before we can contact you further.

Be assured that we have not forgotten you and will be back in touch as soon as possible once a decision is made on the status of your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Guess I’m not part of the first batch of interviews. Best of luck to all that are!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Kinda bummed to get an OOS rejection this morning due to lack of strong ties.

I live in a neighboring county, work in TN, and currently attend a TN university for my post-bacc.

Oh well 🫠

Last edited:
Still haven't received a secondary. Unreal.

Do not be discouraged!!! It is not because they are rejecting you. 99% chance it’s because someone hasn’t got to your application in the stack of papers. They review each application by hand before sending a secondary

Do not be discouraged!!! It is not because they are rejecting you. 99% chance it’s because someone hasn’t got to your application in the stack of papers. They review each application by hand before sending a secondary
That makes sense, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning at 7:30 AM
Completed secondary 7/23

Last edited:
Just got an unexpected pre secondary R. IS and interviewed last year in January and was subsequently placed on hold. Good luck to everyone this cycle

Secondary received Monday. OOS but got that DD214 power. Was veriifed 8/1 and took CASPER 7/31. They must have just got my scores cause it's about the 3week point for CASPER. Was my only school that need Snapshot and DUET, guess I got to go do those now.

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received Monday. OOS but got that DD214 power. Was veriifed 8/1 and took CASPER 7/31. They must have just got my scores cause it's about the 3week point for CASPER. Was my only school that need Snapshot and DUET, guess I got to go do those now.
Congrats! do you have strong ties to TN? Im OOS too and waiting (hopefully) to receive a secondary from them. I sent in my primary a week ago after verification. I guess it will take awhile to hear back from them.

Congrats! do you have strong ties to TN? Im OOS too and waiting (hopefully) to receive a secondary from them. I sent in my primary a week ago after verification. I guess it will take awhile to hear back from them.

Took me close to a month to receive my secondary. Which is good! It means they are actually reading your application instead of blindly sending a secondary

No ties. Do you know if you're CASPER is scored and sent to schools? I think they wait for that before doing anything too.

No ties. Do you know if you're CASPER is scored and sent to schools? I think they wait for that before doing anything too.
Oh that's right! I actually also took CASPER on 7/31. I'll make sure to send it to Quillen. Also, what does DD214 mean?

First II of the cycle received today at 11:30 AM EST. LizzyM 75 519/3.8 IS. Secondary submitted 8/4

Got a secondary not too long ago! Hoping for an II :)

Did anyone get their “continuing to review” email? Trying to figure out if it’s automated or an actual communication

Did anyone get their “continuing to review” email? Trying to figure out if it’s automated or an actual communication
I also got one of those and then an II approx a week later

Does it state, “Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we ask that you please bear with us as there may be occasional delays before we can contact you further.”? I got this email on 9/6 and am still waiting for a secondary. My primary was received on 8/19

Does it state, “Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we ask that you please bear with us as there may be occasional delays before we can contact you further.”? I got this email on 9/6 and am still waiting for a secondary. My primary was received on 8/19

Yeah, i submitted my secondary a good bit ago so must mean they are still getting to me

Interviewed this past week and absolutely loved it. The faculty seem to actually care about the well-being and success of their students, and the students on the panel spoke about how supported they feel within the school. Very laid-back and conversational interview setting. The experience made me want that A even more haha

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed this past week and absolutely loved it. The faculty seem to actually care about the well-being and success of their students, and the students on the panel spoke about how supported they feel within the school. Very laid-back and conversational interview setting. The experience made me want that A even more haha

Ditto. I’m gonna be heartbroken if I get waitlisted or an R

Reactions: 1 users
II just now.. my heart is pounding out of my chest and my hands are shaking. An MD interview with a 502??? I feel like I can't breathe. Oh my GOD.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
II just now.. my heart is pounding out of my chest and my hands are shaking. An MD interview with a 502??? I feel like I can't breathe. Oh my GOD.
That's awesome! Congrats. I hope to be next :)

Placed on active hold status until committee reviews applications (interviewed 9/15)

Reactions: 3 users
Placed on active hold status until committee reviews applications (interviewed 9/15)
Same, active hold. Was not expecting this prior to 10/15 but looking at last year’s forum it happened to several people with varying results 😬