2022-2023 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone who is WL get an email regarding waitlist saying we should upload any new materials as they’re getting ready to select candidates from waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pardon the neuroticism, but does anyone know if you PI bring contacted back in February as any bearing on being accepted off the waitlist?

Any chance more acceptances could come through next week?

Nice! Did you two send updates/emails yesterday in response to their email?
No, I sent a letter of intent right after February decisions went out. I was going to send a letter of support from my collaborator in response to their email. In my letter of intent, it was a few paragraphs of why I want to specifically go to CCLCM in detail. The remaining aspects of the letter was pretty much an update.

Any chance more acceptances could come through next week?
Being that they sent that email yesterday, I’m pretty confident that more acceptances will go out in the upcoming weeks. Y’all got this!

Reactions: 1 user
No, I sent a letter of intent right after February decisions went out. I was going to send a letter of support from my collaborator in response to their email. In my letter of intent, it was a few paragraphs of why I want to specifically go to CCLCM in detail. The remaining aspects of the letter was pretty much an update.
are letters of support a normal thing to do? They did contact my PI back in February before waitlisting me, I sent an update/LOI about a week ago so I don't know if there's anything else I can do at this point 😓

are letters of support a normal thing to do? They did contact my PI back in February before waitlisting me, I sent an update/LOI about a week ago so I don't know if there's anything else I can do at this point 😓
Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to do once you’ve been waitlisted. However, I mean tough times call for extreme measures tbh. I really think it’s worth asking another PI or collaborator you work with (that did not write you a letter of recommendation for your app). If your update/LOI letter included additional activities (volunteering, shadowing, research, etc) you could consider asking people that are associated with those activities. That’s the only thing I can think of that you can do at this point.

For me, I really felt discouraged coming to this thread and seeing other people get updates in their application. IT SUCKED. However, you never know what could happen. Try not to get discouraged! I believe in you. 🫶

Honestly, I’m not sure if it’s a normal thing to do once you’ve been waitlisted. However, I mean tough times call for extreme measures tbh. I really think it’s worth asking another PI or collaborator you work with (that did not write you a letter of recommendation for your app). If your update/LOI letter included additional activities (volunteering, shadowing, research, etc) you could consider asking people that are associated with those activities. That’s the only thing I can think of that you can do at this point.

For me, I really felt discouraged coming to this thread and seeing other people get updates in their application. IT SUCKED. However, you never know what could happen. Try not to get discouraged! I believe in you. 🫶
I JUST GOT IN!!!! thank you for replying this was so kind

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In previous threads, people have said that about 1/3 of the class comes off the waitlist. But we can’t be too sure.
I asked a current student and they said their class was about 1/2 off the waitlist (I'm sure it varies a ton year to year but fwiw this is the info I got)

Do they notify us once the class is completely full/if they are closing their waitlist?

Do they notify us once the class is completely full/if they are closing their waitlist?
June 2nd is our deadline to fully commit (go from PTE to CTE), so it might be around then but I obviously don't know exactly how it works. I think a few people CTEd already (?)

Has anyone received financial aid (other than the tuition)? Do I use the same code for the main case med code?

Has anyone received financial aid (other than the tuition)? Do I use the same code for the main case med code?
I'm also confused about that, do wed need to do something beyond FAFSA and parent info on FAFSA? I thought the COL stipend was need based

I'm also confused about that, do wed need to do something beyond FAFSA and parent info on FAFSA? I thought the COL stipend was need based

If I'm remembering right you just need to submit FAFSA. However the COL stipend is merit, not need based.

If I'm remembering right you just need to submit FAFSA. However the COL stipend is merit, not need based.
I recently watched the 2023-2024 Financial Aid Info Video (under the second look tab). They said they give 5 need-based living stipends.

In the video they said that we first need to CTE. Then once the school gets the FAFSA info, they’re supposed to send us some log-in credentials to submit a form.

We’re supposed to expect an offer letter (with loan/stipend info) during the first week of June.

I recently watched the 2023-2024 Financial Aid Info Video (under the second look tab). They said they give 5 need-based living stipends.

Neat, this is news to me. I don't remember that from last year.

Neat, this is news to me. I don't remember that from last year.
Yeah I asked during my interview and I remember being told it's need based so I hope that's the case bc I'm much more likely to be the poorest than the smartest here :rofl:

For the guys that got off the waitlist- were your PI’s contacted at all? And if so, around when were they contacted?

I got in!! First A of the cycle. Super grateful.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For the guys that got off the waitlist- were your PI’s contacted at all? And if so, around when were they contacted?
Yes, back in February. But my PI kept it a secret until after I got waitlisted, she said she was explicitly told to not tell me.

I got in off the waitlist a couple of days ago. My PI was contacted in February a week or two before decisions went out. I think she kept it a secret for about 2 days before she told me lol

Got the call from Dean Warren yesterday! I definitely think sending an LOI/short update last week made all the difference (PI was contacted last week too). So SO grateful for my acceptance, and I can't wait to join!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you guys for replying!! I also got in off the waitlist this past weekend! My PI just told me today that he was actually contacted last week, but that he was told not to tell me as well

I’m wondering if anyone is still being taken off the waitlist… my PI was contacted last Friday and he told me on Monday that movement was maybe still happening. Maybe the last of it was last week?

Not sure but definitely possible that they would accept more!