2022-2023 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it time to give up for today or is there still hope?

Members don't see this ad.

I've given up. I know a couple students who currently attend. They both interviewed in September and had to wait until December for any sort of admission decision. It really sucks not hearing right away. I'm just keeping myself busy. Might be a little pessimistic but I'm looking at it as if I've been already rejected. If I get in, great. If I don't, well then at least I was expecting it, and was preparing for the future in the meantime.

Spent the last couple of days constantly refreshing my email. Definitely not helpful or healthy, so just trying to get in a mindset where I can keep moving forward.

I know this sucks and the process sucks more. Proud of you for acknowledging your current state and shifting your mindset! Wishing the best for you this cycle. Keep your chin up :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
II received today. Interview on 10/21

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interview on 11/11 but forgot the time it strts! does it all start at the same time.

Anyone complete mid to end of August receive an interview from this school? Have all November interview dates gone out?

Does this school prioritize is interviews before moving on to oss the way Burns and WVU does?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on Friday. For sure one of the weirdest interviews I have been in.

II this afternoon, interviewing on 11/18! - Complete 8/8.

Interviewed 9/16 and still haven't heard anything, based on past threads it seems like I'm W or R bound...damn :/

Hey all! Current M1 here. I know it's still early in the cycle, but I am happy to answer any questions you may have about CMED or Mt. Pleasant! Feel free to message me or reply and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can. Best of luck to all of you future doctors!

(For what it's worth, for those worrying, I got my II in February and got accepted over the summer. It's a long and brutal process and you still have a ways to go--so don't lose hope yet!)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when/how often their admissions committee meets? Just trying to figure out when the next batch of decisions will be coming out.

Does anyone know when/how often their admissions committee meets? Just trying to figure out when the next batch of decisions will be coming out.
I don't know how often they meet but I've been told they send out interview invites every week until the interview season is over.

Reactions: 1 users
I've given up. I know a couple students who currently attend. They both interviewed in September and had to wait until December for any sort of admission decision. It really sucks not hearing right away. I'm just keeping myself busy. Might be a little pessimistic but I'm looking at it as if I've been already rejected. If I get in, great. If I don't, well then at least I was expecting it, and was preparing for the future in the meantime.

Spent the last couple of days constantly refreshing my email. Definitely not helpful or healthy, so just trying to get in a mindset where I can keep moving forward.
Current M4! The wait was looong. I actually forgot my timeline since it's been so long but looking at my post history I see that I interviewed on Sept 21, didn't hear back till I got an email in Dec that applications are still being reviewed, then waitlisted in Jan, and then finally accepted in May.

The wait is brutal, but it may be good to just take it slow since it will be a long ride.

Reactions: 3 users
I am just sitting here wondering if the fact that there are only 3 pages on this forum means that (1) not many people have heard anything from them yet or (2) people have heard back, it's the same as all the other schools, but applicants just aren't active lol

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A this morning (OOS). The group interview went terribly for me- I was for sure the worst one in my four person group lol

10/7 interview here. Have not heard back yet. Fingers crossed.

I was accepted on Wednesday and didn't ever see the email 😭 started bawling. Interviewed 10/21. AHHHHHHH

• Love
I interviewed on 10/24 and got the email 11/9!
Does anyone happen to know if/when the facebook page will be up? Additionally, do they offer tours other than the second look? I wanted to visit the campus earlier than April.

Last edited:
I interviewed on 10/24 and got the email 11/9!
Does anyone happen to know if/when the facebook page will be up? Additionally, do they offer tours other than the second look? I wanted to visit the campus earlier than April.
Here's a link to request a tour of the medical school: Plan A Visit

Have any Canadian applicants receive an II here yet?

Last edited:
Anyone else hear back who interviewed on 9/16? Is there a chance it’s an A or at this point is it most likely WL or R? Hopefully it’s the former🙏🏻