2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

me waiting for an ARCOM secondary

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the email stating my secondary will be available in 24 hours. Submit 5/19.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email stating I will get a secondary email in the next 24 hours. I got my primary received email from them on 07/15.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email stating I will get a secondary email in the next 24 hours. I got my primary received email from them on 07/15.
Well **** I got the email on 7/15 also but nothing here yet

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also just got email stating I would receive secondary in next 24 hours

I recieved the email as well. Primary recieved on 07/15

Well I also received that email 7/15 so hoping I get a secondary from here

so they require a DO letter? well I don't have one, should I even continue to apply? I just finished their super long secondary...

Yes you should. They will offer you a waiver. You have to write a one page essay about what you know about osteopathic medicine and why you want to go to DO school. I turned one in and had my interview today.

Secondary received on 8/19 around 10am CST, submitted later that afternoon.

II received on 8/19 around 3pm CST. OOS Midwest

Secondary received on 8/19 around 10am CST, submitted later that afternoon.

II received on 8/19 around 3pm CST. OOS Midwest
Congrats! What were the dates available to interview, do they provide options through Sept?

The post Interview wait is killing me. The more I think about it, the more I keep going over things I said and if they came out the way I said them.

I actually got a letter from the school thanking me for interviewing and they wrote something personal from that day which was thoughtful. They keep moving up on my list.

Congrats! What were the dates available to interview, do they provide options through Sept?
Thank you. I was a little shocked as the only dates provided were Aug 23 and Aug 26. Tried to refresh and mess with the interview sign-up page to find more options like the page said, but could only get those two dates.

I'd be curious if others could find any Sep. dates because I couldn't get that to populate for some reason.

I had a same thing, where instantly after sending the secondary I got the invite. Not the case for some others. Curious why that is?
Yeah, a really weird deal. The time from when I submitted secondary + technical standards to the interview invite was 37 minutes...

Last edited:
The post Interview wait is killing me. The more I think about it, the more I keep going over things I said and if they came out the way I said them.

I actually got a letter from the school thanking me for interviewing and they wrote something personal from that day which was thoughtful. They keep moving up on my list.

The handwritten note is super cute!

Me too! When did you interview?

waiting for a secondary still from here haha

Finished applying to all my schools and this school is the only one I got a pre secondary rejection too 🥺🥺 I have above a 3.5 gpa and 500 MCAT so I’m kinda confused 😅 does this school take a lot of in state residents?

Just got put on hold for a secondary:

Thank you for your application to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial. We will continue to review your application materials, as well as any updates submitted to AACOMAS, throughout the admission process and let you know if your status changes.

Reactions: 2 users
Finished applying to all my schools and this school is the only one I got a pre secondary rejection too 🥺🥺 I have above a 3.5 gpa and 500 MCAT so I’m kinda confused 😅 does this school take a lot of in state residents?
No, most of the matriculants are out of state.

Thank you for your application to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial. We will continue to review your application materials, as well as any updates submitted to AACOMAS, throughout the admission process and let you know if your status changes.
Same here.

I got it as well! I have an MCAT retake scheduled for Sep 10th, maybe that's why?
Also I've seen you in so many of the same school threads that I'm applying to.

Finished applying to all my schools and this school is the only one I got a pre secondary rejection too I have above a 3.5 gpa and 500 MCAT so I’m kinda confused does this school take a lot of in state residents?

+1. Super confused as well. Should I send an email or call tomorrow to express my interest or is that bad?

I got it as well! I have an MCAT retake scheduled for Sep 10th, maybe that's why?
I don’t have any retakes scheduled and I got that email also

Literally made an SDN account just to come on here and see if this was considered technically a rejection (even though yes, it says it's not a rejection). I've submitted all my things but waiting for a committee letter to be submitted

Literally made an SDN account just to come on here and see if this was considered technically a rejection (even though yes, it says it's not a rejection). I've submitted all my things but waiting for a committee letter to be submitted

Yeah it says it's not but it sure feels like one

To ease some minds, this is from last cycle's thread:
Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.33.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.33.22 PM.png

Reactions: 5 users
Well hopefully I hear from them later in the cycle. I'm still very much interested.