2021-2022 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when the interview cycle ends?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the U provides students with iPads? I’ve heard of other medical schools doing that, but wasn’t sure about the U.

Does anyone know if the U provides students with iPads? I’ve heard of other medical schools doing that, but wasn’t sure about the U.
Ya pretty sure they do. And Fr I mean is everyone getting in not posting or have they not been accepting? Who knows.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ya pretty sure they do. And Fr I mean is everyone getting in not posting or have they not been accepting? Who knows.
My friend who got in said there are 97 people in the accepted gc rn. Some are obviously current med students and admissions people but looks like they’ve accepted a decent amount of people.

• Hmm
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview 12/20?

I sent a LOI post-interview, but haven't heard a peep back.

Edit: I hope you all are holding on alright. The waiting game is rough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview 12/20?

I sent a LOI post-interview, but haven't heard a peep back.

Edit: I hope you all are holding on alright. The waiting game is rough.
I interviewed 12/20. Haven’t heard anything yet. The waiting game is rough! Who did you send the LOI to? I didn’t think they accepted LOI.

• Care
I interviewed 12/20. Haven’t heard anything yet. The waiting game is rough! Who did you send the LOI to? I didn’t think they accepted LOI.
Good to know I'm not alone, here.

I sent the LOI to their general admissions email. They replied with a simple "thank you," and I believe it was received as a type of "thank you" letter.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I was admitted here last year but deferred. I remembered them saying something like about half their acceptances go out in March. Mine came then, and I was accepted with a ton of people. The accepted student Slack channel is still really barren.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi! I was admitted here last year but deferred. I remembered them saying something like about half their acceptances go out in March. Mine came then, and I was accepted with a ton of people. The accepted student Slack channel is still really barren.

May I ask when you interviewed last year?

Hello everyone!

I am new here. Just wanted to mention that I interviewed 1/10 and haven’t heard anything yet.
I also sent a thank you letter within 24 hrs after the interview and didn’t hear a peep back letting me know that they received it and what not.

This waiting game is no joke! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with this. I was admitted pretty early on this cycle and the slack channel hasn't changed much in the past 2-3 months. I wouldn't give up hope as most acceptances are probably still to come for a lot of people. Good luck to everyone still waiting! Hope you can join us soon :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Last year I didn't interview till Feb! This year though I believe all interviews are done as of Jan.
Congratulations, regardless! That's exciting news for those of us who also interviewed a bit later.

Question for you - the MSAR says that 70 students were waitlisted last cycle, and 70 were taken off the waitlist. Do you happen to know if that's correct? If so, that's good news for us who may end up being waitlisted.

Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the "A" call from Dr. Chan this morning!! Interviewed January 10, 2022. Is there an accepted student SLACK/Facebook group?
Congrats! They do have slack page and I am sure you will get the link real soon.

Congratulations, regardless! That's exciting news for those of us who also interviewed a bit later.

Question for you - the MSAR says that 70 students were waitlisted last cycle, and 70 were taken off the waitlist. Do you happen to know if that's correct? If so, that's good news for us who may end up being waitlisted.
I was waitlisted last year and did not get in. I’m not sure where they get those stats but they aren’t accurate.

I was waitlisted last year and did not get in. I’m not sure where they get those stats but they aren’t accurate.
Ya I’ve heard the waitlist is actually pretty small with fairly little movement from an executive committee member…

Ya I’ve heard the waitlist is actually pretty small with fairly little movement from an executive committee member…

Yes, I was skeptical about this statistic as well. Good to have feedback on it, so thank you both.

Sending good vibes to everyone waiting and hoping for an acceptance phone call this week!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone get an update on status inquiries email from the U? It was so random because I didn't call or email to ask about my status at all (already know there's no hope for me). All it said was that they couldn't send out individual status updates at this time and that all applicants will be notified of their status by March 15th, 2022.

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get an update on status inquiries email from the U? It was so random because I didn't call or email to ask about my status at all (already know there's no hope for me). All it said was that they couldn't send out individual status updates at this time and that all applicants will be notified of their status by March 15th, 2022.
Yes, I received it yesterday, and another interviewee I heard from received it as well.

My guess is they're likely receiving a number of questions about admissions status, so they decided to send emails en masse.

Yes, I received it yesterday, and another interviewee I heard from received it as well.

My guess is they're likely receiving a number of questions about admissions status, so they decided to send emails en masse.
+1. Would be nice if they could update us ever tho 🙃

Reactions: 4 users
+1. Would be nice if they could update us ever tho 🙃
To be sure, that would be lovely.

Interestingly enough, Harvard operates in a similar way. Nobody hears any decisions (at all) until March. That must be similarly agonizing.

If/when I get into medical school, I would love to sit on an admissions committee, because I cannot fathom the reasoning behind these timelines.

Got the acceptance call today! So excited. IS.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the MD/PhD acceptance call earlier today! I am SO thrilled!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for that. I'm curious to know if you have an opinion as to why your interview offer came relatively late in light of your high stats? For example, were you late in applying?
No idea! Submitted all my primaries early June as soon as it opened and had Utah submitted just a couple weeks after receiving the secondary, so not late in applying.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted just now. Also interviewed Oct. 1. I have heard there is minimal movement from the waitlist here so damn.

• Sad
Congratulations to those waitlisted! There is still hope.

R +1 from me, interviewed in December.

• Care
Was waitlisted as well. Not feeling hopeful about getting accepted off the waitlist tbh

Was waitlisted as well. Not feeling hopeful about getting accepted off the waitlist tbh
Ya I’ve heard so many contrasting theories about the waitlist I don’t know what to think about it. Hopefully we get lucky 🙏

Idaho applicant. Waitlist today. 76 LizzyM. Interviewed September. Not expecting to be pulled off of list but have luckily been admitted to somewhere else. Good luck to everyone else!

Didn't love how their rejection email insinuated I was going to have to reapply to their campus next year lol. Adios Utah. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Got that waitlist email earlier today. OOS applicant with very close ties to the state (lived here for 6 years). LM 75, interviewed in November. Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist works in comparison with the IS waitlist?