2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait I was told at my interview (March 7th) we were the last ones
i thought so too. I guess we will wait and see if anyone else posts about an interview date.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Praying for everyone to get As together today. ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? 😅
They first call those they’ve accepted like after 4pm eastern. Then those that are waitlisted (continue consideration) or rejected are sent emails. The emails coming usually closer to 6pm eastern. I’ve been on CCx2 and my emails came around 6-7pm both times . Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
So today we get on the waitlist, no more CC's?
I too have that question. Since they’re done with interviews as far as I’m concerned. I’m hoping no one on CC right now is rejected today (cause I’m on CC too). I wonder if we all just get on the official waitlist or do they cut the CC list down.

I too have that question. Since they’re done with interviews as far as I’m concerned. I’m hoping no one on CC right now is rejected today (cause I’m on CC too). I wonder if we all just get on the official waitlist or do they cut the CC list down.
Thanks for responding. I guess we'll find out today:). Good luck to u

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. I'm slightly confused as I thought we would get the official wait-list now but maybe they added additional interview dates?

Either way - not complaining! :) stay strong friends.
They have said several times their interview period goes to the end of March. I have no knowledge about whether the invitations for those later March interviews have already gone out.

Reactions: 1 users
Also cc email. Not complaining but a bit confused was told today official waitlist and acceptances would be sent out. Maybe they just needed more time to review and we'll hear back soon?

So when does the Admissions Committee meet next time/when will we hear results again?

CC’d too but also confused cause I thought it was final decision day too.

I emailed them for clarification, will let y’all know what they say

Reactions: 3 users
alternate list..so again there's no 2 week timeline, I believe, it will be rolling admissions. Can someone confirm?

alternate list..so again there's no 2 week timeline, I believe, it will be rolling admissions. Can someone confirm?
By the looks of old threads, yes it looks like you can get calls whenever someone hops off their position as an A.

CCx4 then Waitlisted, still crossing my fingers!

Same here! Placed on the alternative list. At least now we know for sure that we are waitlisted. Too bad there's no rank!

Also for anyone waiting for an interview, the email we received today stated that the final regular season Admissions Committee meeting took place today. It's safe to say, there are no more interview invites.

Reactions: 4 users
Same here! Placed on the alternative list. At least now we know for sure that we are waitlisted. Too bad there's no rank!

Also for anyone waiting for an interview, the email we received today stated that the final regular season Admissions Committee meeting took place today. It's safe to say, there are no more interview invites.
Also got the alternate list email. Is this the same as being waitlisted?

I got that A!! I was called at about 4:50 PM CST on Friday. Meant to post that day but struggled to reset my account password. I'm so relieved, I had 17 rejections before this and was seriously preparing myself to reapply. So excited to meet my future classmates!

For those still waiting, please don't lose hope. I'm rooting for you all, and am sad that so many bright, QUALIFIED, talented people are kicked around during this process. We will all be doctors one day, and I can't wait until the day we can be colleagues and look back at this time and be glad its over. Take care!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I got that A!! I was called at about 4:50 PM CST on Friday. Meant to post that day but struggled to reset my account password. I'm so relieved, I had 17 rejections before this and was seriously preparing myself to reapply. So excited to meet my future classmates!

For those still waiting, please don't lose hope. I'm rooting for you all, and am sad that so many bright, QUALIFIED, talented people are kicked around during this process. We will all be doctors one day, and I can't wait until the day we can be colleagues and look back at this time and be glad its over. Take care!
Congrats!

Since no one else did, do you mind sharing stats (ranges are fine. no need for exact numbers to protect your anonymity).

Just from the recent As which I have privately messaged (im unable to privately message you), it seems they are taking higher MCAT scores off the waitlist right now. TCU's average is 508 and I don't know about anyone else but I am slightly below that so I've been super worried.

Since no one else did, do you mind sharing stats (ranges are fine. no need for exact numbers to protect your anonymity).

Just from the recent As which I have privately messaged (im unable to privately message you), it seems they are taking higher MCAT scores off the waitlist right now. TCU's average is 508 and I don't know about anyone else but I am slightly below that so I've been super worried.
Happy to share! My MCAT was exactly the TCU average on my second attempt, including a 124 on the damned Bio section which I was worried would rule me out of many schools. LizzyM score is 67. I can assure you my sGPA is nothing to write home about (including a retake of Biochemistry after a woeful first attempt), and I often feel folks willing to share stats and acceptances on SDN/Reddit/Social media are much higher than I am. I'm all for transparency, and know that there are many people out there with stats like mine that don't typically share their stats and info due to the catastrophizing of well-intentioned premeds in these communities. I've been an SDN lurker for 2 years and never interacted with posts, hence my issue with finding my password earlier haha. Not sure how I can open my DMs on here but will look into it, I'm happy to discuss more privately if you would like! And anyone else for that matter. Knowing my stats weren't the shining star on my application, I did my best to lean into my other unique experiences and skills including interests in storytelling and medical humanities, which I get the vibe are important to TCU. I'm not sure what stats are like for other people who were accepted immediately after their interviews (to be clear I was not on the waitlist, last Friday was the decision day for my interview group). But I'm sending you good vibes and hope that you can be compassionate to yourself! This is something I struggle with regularly.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I can also share to hopefully instill some hope! I scored 502 and my sGPA is like 3.9 something. I truly think TCU is the most holistic school out there rn, so do not focus too much on your stats, as other parts of you app can def help. I was not waitlisted either, I felt like my interview was average but I guess I stuck out enough for them. Best of luck and I hope you get some great news soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I can also share to hopefully instill some hope! I scored 502 and my sGPA is like 3.9 something. I truly think TCU is the most holistic school out there rn, so do not focus too much on your stats, as other parts of you app can def help. I was not waitlisted either, I felt like my interview was average but I guess I stuck out enough for them. Best of luck and I hope you get some great news soon!
I am going to second this! I also had a ehh MCAT (503) and average GPA (3.69), but TCU has even stated they are a holistic review school looking for individuals who fit the Empathetic Scholar mission. I really believe they are NOT focusing on stats at all, more just if you fit their (AMAZING) mission they have to build physicians. There is so much hope for all of you! Stay positive!

Reactions: 3 users

I am going to second this! I also had a ehh MCAT (503) and average GPA (3.69), but TCU has even stated they are a holistic review school looking for individuals who fit the Empathetic Scholar mission. I really believe they are NOT focusing on stats at all, more just if you fit their (AMAZING) mission they have to build physicians. There is so much hope for all of you! Stay positive!
Current student here! Just want to echo this point above. TCU is wholeheartedly dedicated to their mission, values, and FIT of the students. My current classmates came in with a very wide range of MCAT scores and GPAs, so the average isn't much to worry about. If you interviewed, congratulations, you've made the cut of stats! Now they're looking for the students that best fit their philosophy. Best of luck to you, wishing you good luck for the rest of the cycle!

So are we guessing we won't start to see any movement until after the May 16th deadline?

Current student here! Just want to echo this point above. TCU is wholeheartedly dedicated to their mission, values, and FIT of the students. My current classmates came in with a very wide range of MCAT scores and GPAs, so the average isn't much to worry about. If you interviewed, congratulations, you've made the cut of stats! Now they're looking for the students that best fit their philosophy. Best of luck to you, wishing you good luck for the rest of the cycle!
I can attest to this, my fraternity brother who attends says they really take a holistic balanced approach.

But isn't 04/30 the last day to CTE for our other acceptances? If I don't get off alt list in April, it'll be a bummer.

But isn't 04/30 the last day to CTE for our other acceptances? If I don't get off alt list in April, it'll be a bummer.
If you have other acceptances you have to narrow down to 1 school by April 30.
If you want to remain on a WL, just mark it as PTE and don’t commit yet.
Be careful though to see what the commit date of your accepted school is. You don’t want to end up losing the sure thing.

So are we guessing we won't start to see any movement until after the May 16th deadline?
Honestly, I think from this week , you might see some WL movement. I think the most movement will occur in late April to Mid May when students are required to narrow down choices and commit.

Ok according to my advisor (I’m a tcu undergrad) apparently the biggest waitlist movement will be between 4/15-/430 as people start to narrow down choices and get financial aid decisions. Best of luck we have some time to wait

Ok according to my advisor (I’m a tcu undergrad) apparently the biggest waitlist movement will be between 4/15-/430 as people start to narrow down choices and get financial aid decisions. Best of luck we have some time to wait
Thank you for that update and being the one to get more info about what’s going on! You’re a real one!

Another current student here! I agree with what everyone has been saying. This school truly is holistic. I know classmates who had 510+ MCAT that were waitlisted and later accepted. I personally had a 503 and was never waitlisted (I was expecting that CC email… I was in shock)! So it seems to me that they truly do emphasize the student as a whole. They are HUGE about building “empathetic scholars” and strive to pick students whom they believe fit the bill. I also know several classmates who were accepted all the way through June. So don’t give up hope!! Happy to answer any questions!

Reactions: 8 users
has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? I know they have the projected aid on the portal, but is there anything official?