2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear news today?
Check your portal, just found I got the acceptance today. I didn’t get any emails or phone call. Interviewed 10/4.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Check your portal, just found I got the acceptance today. I didn’t get any emails or phone call. Interviewed 10/4.
Gave me too much hope lol

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!! I didn't end up seeing anything :( I did call admissions and she said I should hear back by Monday so we shall see ugh

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Check your portal for the Offer tab, JUST GOT THE A!!!!!!!!!!!!! (No email or call as of yet) So incredibly grateful especially as a non-trad applicant :love:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today, make sure to check your portal peeps, didn't get an email or call. Just had a new offer tab under the aacom tab. Stats 3.5 gpa 3.4 sgpa, 513 MCAT.

Anyone who got the offer tab show up. Are you guys able to accept the offer from that tab? I don’t see any save or submit button on it.

Anyone who got the offer tab show up. Are you guys able to accept the offer from that tab? I don’t see any save or submit button on it.
Nope I don't have an option to submit or to pay the deposit

Just got an II today! cGPA 3.95 sGPA 3.92 MCAT 502...in state applicant. Interview on 12/10. what a relief! Don't lose hope :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II today! cGPA 3.95 sGPA 3.92 MCAT 502...in state applicant. Interview on 12/10. what a relief! Don't lose hope :)
Congrats! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today complete 8/2. Top school :') do not lose hope lol

I interviewed yesterday and was told decisions would take approx 4-6 weeks? has anyone who interviewed in late October or early November heard back yet? im wondering if it's possible to hear back sooner?

I interviewed yesterday and was told decisions would take approx 4-6 weeks? has anyone who interviewed in late October or early November heard back yet? im wondering if it's possible to hear back sooner?
I heard back within a week so it is definitely possible

I had my interview on 10/29. No news yet. But honestly I've just been (somewhat) patiently waiting until the end of the month to check the portal!

Thank you!

1. What would you say are Pros and Cons of the school?
2. Would appreciate if you could provide info that you know about their rotations placement/sites and matches?
3. Things you wish you knew prior to attending?

Pros. Nice culture around the school, they match well, good rotation sites, opport for research. Cons administration is pretty incompetent and seem to do things last minute.

Rotation sites are pretty solid, they have hub sites all over NJ from south, central, to north.

How OMM is kinda ass but gotta deal with it if you only got into a DO school. Overall, it's a good school and you can get out a lot if you put into it.

Oh and def learn how to use Anki before you start med school and start from the beginning, that would be my biggest advice

Hey guys, for those who have accepted their offer have you received any responses from admissions? Also, does anyone know when their electronic payment will be set-up? I was told a few weeks but it's been a few weeks. Not sure how annoying I should be.

Submitted my secondary on 8/4 (IS and decent stats), and I haven't heard from the school since then. Trying not to get discouraged... So hard! Lol

• Care
Just got accepted! Secondary received 7/30, II 9/17, interview 10/22, and decision on 11/19. My GPA >> their average GPA, my MCAT score ≥ their average MCAT score, and I'm an IS applicant.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted! Secondary received 7/30, II 9/17, interview 10/22, and decision on 11/19. My GPA >> their average GPA, my MCAT score ≥ their average MCAT score, and I'm an IS applicant.
Congrats! Did you get a call or email?

I just got my call this afternoon, I'm accepted!

I am one of the ones who found out they were accepted by checking the portal. For others in the same boat, did you ever receive a letter, email, or call as well and details on how to submit the deposit?

I am one of the ones who found out they were accepted by checking the portal. For others in the same boat, did you ever receive a letter, email, or call as well and details on how to submit the deposit?
Me too, I just found out through the portal ;)

Any OOS receive an II recently?

I am OOS and have not yet

+1, my presumption is that unless your app has something rare that they’re REALLY looking for us pleb OOS-ers will start hearing back later in the cycle

Last edited:
So for those who have interviewed; They sent me my interviewer biography. I actually have some things in common with my interviewer; in the email they say to read the bio and to have questions prepared. Would you say it would be odd to ask your interviewer questions about their personal interests if they were written in the bio for me? Hope what I am asking makes sense

Edit: Also wanted to ask about the pre-interview orientation. What was the format of that? Formal/informal, etc.

Thanks, top school v nervous :)

Last edited:
So for those who have interviewed; They sent me my interviewer biography. I actually have some things in common with my interviewer; in the email they say to read the bio and to have questions prepared. Would you say it would be odd to ask your interviewer questions about their personal interests if they were written in the bio for me? Hope what I am asking makes sense

Edit: Also wanted to ask about the pre-interview orientation. What was the format of that? Formal/informal, etc.

No I definitely think it is fair game to ask them questions about any info presented in the bio, sounds like they want you to anyway.

Most were dressed formally at the pre-interview orientation.

congrats, my top school as well! I interview 12/8. I would also say it's almost encouraged to have a discussion about the bio. I plan on asking my interviewer about her research as she is a phD and the bio outlines what she researches.

congrats, my top school as well! I interview 12/8. I would also say it's almost encouraged to have a discussion about the bio. I plan on asking my interviewer about her research as she is a phD and the bio outlines what she researches.
Thanks! Mine is 12/10, I have my interview orientation tomorrow!

To the accepted students, is there a facebook group or something else for the class of 2026?

Congrats on the interview invite! What makes rowan your top choice?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the elective clirkships 4th year can be done outside of the Rowan hospital network (such as out of state) ?